Anyone else concerned about Robert Quinn

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Just got paid, hasn’t been practicing due to an ankle injury.

I’m worried he had @Grimson mindset and thought or was hoping for no season.

Still looking forward to watching how “Mitch’s Last Dance” unfolds but was hopeful this could be another historic Bears defense which goes out the window imo if Quinn is not out there.

BEARS!!!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I'm more worried he hasn't grasped 3-4base concepts.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I was excited about this move initially. I had the thought great move Pace, an excellent pass rusher opposite Mack. Then I read he doesn't play well in the 3-4, he plays the same side as Mack exclusively and now he's been out. This is setting up to be yet another horrendous move by this organization. Hopefully I'm very wrong.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Definitely concerned.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Quinn is gonna out play Mack. You guys should be worried about other things. I have no worries about anything defensive.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I was excited about this move initially. I had the thought great move Pace, an excellent pass rusher opposite Mack. Then I read he doesn't play well in the 3-4, he plays the same side as Mack exclusively and now he's been out. This is setting up to be yet another horrendous move by this organization. Hopefully I'm very wrong.
Bears are in an even front about 70% of the time.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
We are in a base 3-4 less than 30% of the time, and in a nickle (4 down lineman) about 70% or more. The injury is concerning, but if they are just holding him out practice to get him back to 100% then so be it.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
No Goldman, no biggie.

No Quinn, no biggie.

Rookie starting corner, no biggie.

A defense that is slowly becoming less dominant each year while the offense remains bad, no biggie.

Stuff like this has the potential to catch up with this team sooner or later. Hopefully they're all right early in the season and get better throughout.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No Goldman, no biggie.

No Quinn, no biggie.

Rookie starting corner, no biggie.

A defense that is slowly becoming less dominant each year while the offense remains bad, no biggie.

Stuff like this has the potential to catch up with this team sooner or later. Hopefully they're all right early in the season and get better throughout.
Bilal should fill in nicely, although this one sucks.

Nothing definitive on Quinn being out week 1, let alone long term.

CB 2 is literally the only question mark on this entire D. Personally I don't think we take a step back from Prince, and we have added some youth to an important position. I think Jaylon Johnson will be good. Time will tell.

As far as the offense goes, we majorly upgraded at TE, which should help a lot. I wish they would have addressed the o line more in the offseason. Miller seems poised to take the next step. The big questions of course remain at QB. My personal guess is they move from the bottom of the league to middle of the pack. Which is more than enough to make a playoff push with this defense, if the team stays healthy.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I stopped being too concerned or worried about the Bears a long time ago. It’s much better for your mental health

Toast88

Liked Posts:

CB 2 is literally the only question mark on this entire D. Personally I don't think we take a step back from Prince, and we have added some youth to an important position. I think Jaylon Johnson will be good. Time will tell.

As far as the offense goes, we majorly upgraded at TE, which should help a lot. I wish they would have addressed the o line more in the offseason. Miller seems poised to take the next step. The big questions of course remain at QB. My personal guess is they move from the bottom of the league to middle of the pack. Which is more than enough to make a playoff push with this defense, if the team stays healthy.

You could be right. Time will tell. But just for me personally, they'll have to prove it before I buy in. That's all right. I'll still be rooting my head off for them this and every Sunday.

Weebey Brice

Formerly Caleb Williams/Weebay
Liked Posts:

You’re setting yourself up for a huge disappointment if you think Jimmy Graham will elevate this offense from the bottom to the middle of the pack.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You’re setting yourself up for a huge disappointment if you think Jimmy Graham will elevate this offense from the bottom to the middle of the pack.
Pretty sure he didnt specifically point out graham. He should, however, be an upgrade over "mangina" Burton