Anyone else doing no mow may?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It is killing me.
Sunrise on June first I am going for it.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I saw some people post about that who are doing it.

I am not participating. My grass would be 2 foot tall and unable to be mowed if I went 30 days. In May, I'm mowing like every 3 days.

I'll do no mow August tho lol

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw some people post about that who are doing it.

I am not participating. My grass would be 2 foot tall and unable to be mowed if I went 30 days. In May, I'm mowing like every 3 days.

I'll do no mow August tho lol
I mow at least twice a week. Sucks. The rain is keeping the ground too wet to till and get the garden started. Sucks.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah, it's for pollinators
That and it does help develop deeper roots for existing grass and actually helps aeration as the roots push up.

I am also not going to complain about the grass seeding itself.

I dont know if it has anything to do with letting stuff grow, but I have had a bunch of turkeys milling around in the yard the past few weeks.

I am actually thinking of letting everything beyond the stream go all summer, maybe let the entire front go wild prairie beyond the tree line.

turkeys.jpglawn.jpg

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I’m presently in a walking boot. So while I am not mowing, my neighbor did take care of it for me.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If you don’t mow your grass and it gets too long, the city has the right to mow it without your permission and bill you. Happened to our neighbor a few years ago.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you don’t mow your grass and it gets too long, the city has the right to mow it without your permission and bill you. Happened to our neighbor a few years ago.

I wish they did that here... the back of my place used to look like the front- grass dotted with hickory and oak, but the dude who owned the place before me let the invasive shit take over... this is about 15 years of invasive growth- all buckthorn and garbage trees.
Got about 7 more acres to tear through.

20220514_182052.jpg