Anyone else just not give a shit?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’ve seen the unimpressive list of names, I know whose on the hiring team and I’ve seen how disorganized the process seems. Even some candidates are confused about what the Bears are doing. I’m 92% sure George & company are going to end up hiring the wrong people. The GM list is way more impressive than the HCs they’ve looked at so far so there is a little hope.

Feel bad for Justin Fields tbh. George is “casting a wide net” just to appease fans. He has no clue what he is doing. Why waste their time interviewing some retread HC who has bombed with 2 or 3 teams already?

Maybe we get lucky and the Bears strike gold. It’s not looking great tho. Here’s to another 5 years.

BEARS

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I’ve seen the unimpressive list of names, I know whose on the hiring team and I’ve seen how disorganized the process seems. Even some candidates are confused about what the Bears are doing. I’m 92% sure George & company are going to end up hiring the wrong people. The GM list is way more impressive than the HCs they’ve looked at so far so there is a little hope.

Feel bad for Justin Fields tbh. George is “casting a wide net” just to appease fans. He has no clue what he is doing. Why waste their time interviewing some retread HC who has bombed with 2 or 3 teams already?

Maybe we get lucky and the Bears strike gold. It’s not looking great tho. Here’s to another 5 years.

BEARS

Im on the luck kick.... heres to hoping those stupid fucks get lucky...

Last edited:

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Yes after you’ve been a fan of this team long enough, the apathy sets in. You still get excited for a great first round pick and all that but you know better than to expect this organization to make the right moves or go all out on management, coaches, etc. you just know that Youre prob gonna be cleaning house in 3-4 years again.

Rise

Liked Posts:
You gotta think this is the McCaskey’s last hire. They will be selling the team after securing the new stadium, and I’d imagine they would like to go out on top. If their ever was a time to go big for a coach this would be it.

Bust

Liked Posts:

BEARS

Agreed. That's why you sign Flores. Least with him you know right off a Watson for Fields trade is going to happen.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt the Mccaskeys OK that
This is what bothers me.

Of course I'd hate if the Bears dealt Fields in a package for Watson like most...

...but if the new person you hired wanted to do it- they should be able to do whatever they want.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Im on the luck kick.... heres to hoping those stupid fucks get lucky...
Pretty much how I am going about it. I’d like Jim Harbaugh. If the Bears get him, great. If he stays put and the Bears don’t get him, oh well. But even if we get Harbaugh, that still doesn’t mean we will be good. Lots of pieces go into a whole team (staff and players) to be a winning team. To think this will happen in 1 season, that’s absurd. If most the time it doesn’t happen in a whole coaches tenure. I just hope all the coaches that get hired this year for the Bears get lucky and we get a winning football team. If not, repeat it and hope to get lucky.

I don’t care if it’s the coach that makes the team, the QB, the RB, the janitor, I don’t care. As long as it makes the team a winning team. Sometimes it’s the coach that makes the QB. Sometimes it’s the QB that makes the coach. Sometimes it’s not either. Sometimes QB gets it late in his career and it was never the coach’s fault that got fired. Something just clicked late. To many variables that make a winning team and bad teams.

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:
the Bears traded up to get Fields. we don't know the potential of Fields due to coaching incompetency. which is why they're in this situation now. Watson in my opinion is a damaged brand. he was benched an entire season because of what he did in his off time. also, the Houston Texans offense with their array of blemishes that just somehow worked for him for like a 2 year period don't come with him. just a fun fact. the only examples of quarterbacks plugging into other offenses in free agency or whatever that worked that I know of were P. Manning and Tom Brady.

that said, the larger issue is that the McCaskey mom and pop shop of running a professional sports organization will still persist. you can keep shuffling the pieces around for decades and nothing really changes. until this team can field great offense and defense simultaneously they're not winning anything.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I doubt the Mccaskeys OK that

it was leaked flores brought up the idea of said trade . . . followed by the bears being very smitten with flores.

The last great headcoach the bears fielded was Lovie Smith. Bears are going to pull it off, you will see.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:

BEARS
I'm with you on this one. I know some posters are thinking the Bears will hire a GM first and give him say in the coaching hire. But George said specifically brass was hiring BOTH. There's no reason to believe the GM is going to get say in the coaching hire. Kinda like Pace and Fox they are going to shoehorn two guys in and make them work together. Once again...this is why I think established coaches don't end up with the Bears. I get the feeling this is why we won't get Pederson. The interview process, being a 2-way street, I bet Pederson asked about the kind of freedom he would have and didn't like the answer. (Pure speculation by me.)

One thing I can say is a positive...I truly think George McCaskey wants to win and is committed to winning. I couldn't say that about Ed and Michael McCaskey. The tiny bit of faith I have is because of that. He might accidentally make the right pick someday.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Agreed. That's why you sign Flores. Least with him you know right off a Watson for Fields trade is going to happen.

Yeah, because the focus on this offseason should be to spend what little draft capital you have and cap room on a sexual predator with unresolved legal issues that hasn't played in a year. That is definitely the way to go out as an ownership.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

BEARS
I'm paying attention here and there, but just wanting this to be over with and see who the new people are. I can't seem to muster up any real excitement in the Bears ability to do this right. Like others have stated, maybe they succeed by luck.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I have shits to give but im just burnt out on it all. I just have no faith in them getting it right because they never do.

If a reputable person reported that Harbaugh is in the mix, i would be excited.

Last edited:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
This thread is depressing AF. Gonna go huff paint and eat shrooms

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Honestly this is the best I’ve felt in years about the Bears. Pace and Nagy are gone. And we’re crying because the worst candidate on the list leads the #1 defense in the league? All the GM candidates look solid. Bears have a talented young QB. All the coaching candidates are experienced. Compared to this time last year I’m ecstatic.