Anyone else.....

Liked Posts:
.....Surprisingly calm after the first three rounds of this draft. So far I like every pick a lot, that the Bears have made. I love the Hroniss Grasu pick. He's my favorite interior lineman in the draft. I wanted the Bears to draft him last offseason until he decided to stay at Oregon. So far no reaches made by Pace. I believe so far he's done the opposite & you could reasonably debate that all three picks are first round talents, or at damn close to that. I love that two of the first three picks going into the middle of the trenches on each side of the ball & both Goldman & Grasu are quality players.

So far I believe that Pace has gotten excellent value on all three picks, & met big needs on the roster. Lately when the Bears have drafted for need they have reached on a lot of disappointment. I'm surprisingly happy with all of the Bears first three picks, especially Grasu. IMO every pick just makes sense. So far these are good picks.

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
i love that the bears have matched up needs with best players available.

we needed a WR ... we got White
we needed a NT .... we got Goldman
we needed a C ... and now we got Grasu.

been a good day. I am not even worried about a dominant outside pass rusher.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Yes. I feel the same. Those fuckers Angelo and Emery always had me pissed off by now.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I like all the picks.

But Grasu is not arguably a 1st rounder - consensus was 3rd or lower. But even so, a god get at a position of need.

Greg Gabriel said he had him in the 4th, but he could be Bears' C for years. So he wasn't critical, FWIW.

Liked Posts:
I like all the picks.

But Grasu is not arguably a 1st rounder - consensus was 3rd or lower. But even so, a god get at a position of need.

Greg Gabriel said he had him in the 4th, but he could be Bears' C for years. So he wasn't critical, FWIW.

I guess that depends on which head is talking in the media or analyst booth. Mayock believes he's a first round talent & reaffirmed that when the Bears picked him. Not sure I would take any of them too serous. Personally, having watched him myself, & being someone who wanted the Bears to draft him last year until he decided to return to Oregon, I believe he validates a second round pick, especially for a team like the Bears needed a Center since Kruetz hobbled & scraped through his last couple of seasons. Those last two years of Kruetz were tough to watch. Though I liked Graza & saw him as a model pro who gave his all, I never saw him at that point in his career as the long term solution to the need at the Center position. But I'm also biased to & firmly believe in building a team from the inside out, & probably am guilty at times for overvaluing the fat guys in the trenches both sides of the ball. I know GM's tend to not value Centers the way they do other positions on the O-line, but I personally believe it's key position of value, especially now with a lot of teams running 3-4 & hybrid defenses. I certainly believe that he'll easily validate the third round pick the Bears used on him, even a higher pick if that had been the case. He does need to add a little weight, but I do like his playing strength & athleticism. He's a model zone blocking center gets his ass up the field quick in the running game.

ryan135

Liked Posts:
People killed Dallals for drafting a center late first a few years ago and look how that turned out!

RisWell

Liked Posts:
White, Grasu are upgrades over what we currently have and Goldman looks like he has the starting job by default atm.

Liked Posts:
I like all the picks.

At one point Grasu was considered a 1st rounder. If I'm not mistaken he dealt with some minor injuries in college that could have impacted his play a bit.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
He does need to add a little weight, but I do like his playing strength & athleticism. He's a model zone blocking center gets his ass up the field quick in the running game.
he does need to add some strength, muscle not fat weight. he's 6'3" 297lbs. although he doesnt have a big frame, he has a larger lower body & should be able to add a good 10lbs of muscle strength -- should be able to improve in his shortyardadge power game.

incidentally, he did very well against our very own 336lbs NT Goldman this year... so i'm not worried.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
We saw the Cowboys turn their team around by building up their OL, setting up their offense with a strong running attack, and keeping their defense off the field.

I dont know if any defensive player we draft in round 4 will make a difference in the next two or three years, but TJ Clemmings would give us a young, competative right side of the OL.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
he does need to add some strength, muscle not fat weight. he's 6'3" 297lbs. although he doesnt have a big frame, he has a larger lower body & should be able to add a good 10lbs of muscle strength -- should be able to improve in his shortyardadge power game.

incidentally, he did very well against our very own 336lbs NT Goldman this year... so i'm not worried.

Strength is overrated in the NFL. In wrestling, the technician can easily beat a guy that is stronger and bigger. Pad level and leverage give one huge advantages in the trenches.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Strength is overrated in the NFL. In wrestling, the technician can easily beat a guy that is stronger and bigger. Pad level and leverage give one huge advantages in the trenches.

A Center pushing with brute force in shortyardge (which is what i was specifically talking about) is very different than wrestling. The Center can't preform a Wizzer move on the NT, he has to push him. lets not get too whimsical here. yes, a large part of Centering is tech, but there are no starting Centers less than 280lbs in the NFL, right?

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
I think needing to add some muscle (if that's where Grasu lacks a little) is a lot easier than adding ability or a high character personality. I like that we seem to have found both good characters and ability so far. Pace obviously values getting the right type of personality and I agree with that. Guys who have it are much more likely to reach their potential. Really happy so far.

Nick80

Sure Grassu is a sign of things to come in the running game, similar to Montgomery, are they not both Centers who will suit a zone blocking run game? Not forgetting Forte, it'll be interesting to see what they can get from Kadeem Carey in the new O and specifically thee run game which may look something similar to what he played in, in college leading him to be a nation lead in rushing yards when he came out of college last year.

Quietly excited here, minus the homer this time round.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like all the picks.

I've mostly see his value at 2 and unlikely he's there at 4. There were other players of about equal value to be had but this was a need and the type of Center that could start early and be something special after his 1st off season. His smarts will help him acclimate quickly.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I expect he'll be all that in a year and an offseason of working out without other distractions like school.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
.....Surprisingly calm after the first three rounds of this draft. So far I like every pick a lot, that the Bears have made. I love the Hroniss Grasu pick. He's my favorite interior lineman in the draft. I wanted the Bears to draft him last offseason until he decided to stay at Oregon. So far no reaches made by Pace. I believe so far he's done the opposite & you could reasonably debate that all three picks are first round talents, or at damn close to that. I love that two of the first three picks going into the middle of the trenches on each side of the ball & both Goldman & Grasu are quality players.

So far I believe that Pace has gotten excellent value on all three picks, & met big needs on the roster. Lately when the Bears have drafted for need they have reached on a lot of disappointment. I'm surprisingly happy with all of the Bears first three picks, especially Grasu. IMO every pick just makes sense. So far these are good picks.

I'm excited I actually recognize each player. Thank you CCS