Anyone expect Fields to fail like every other Bears QB?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Anything's possible. But as I've said before, highly-athletic, dynamic quarterbacks are much more bankable quarterbacks in the modern NFL than pocket statues and those who can't escape pressure. (I know Fields is a pocket passer, but he's no statue.)

Even QBs whose throwing abilities aren't top notch can be impact quarterbacks in today's NFL. Not going to name names, because people will spend forever arguing about it. But suffice to say that there are many in the league.

Through all of that, Fields **does** have top-notch throwing ability on top of his athletic, dynamic nature.

No one is bust-proof, but this all makes him about as bust-proof as you can get.

By the way, dynamic quarterbacks rise above their coaching, so I'm actually not that worried about Nagy/Lazor/DeFilippo messing up Fields. Greg Roman is Lamar Jackson's OC. Does anyone believe Bill O'Brien was an offensive mastermind in Houston? Did Deshaun Watson perform like a star because of offensive schemes, or because of his personal abilities?

Are Bears fans who are drinking the Kool-Aid early setting themselves up for a heartbreak? Time will tell. But it's like, damn, guys. You've waited your whole lives for the Bears to have an exciting quarterback---some of us many, many decades.

Enjoy it. Buy in. Jump in the water. Let go. And have fun. No need to be fashionably late to this party.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm glad to take another swing at QB but I'm not real confident this will work out any different then it always does. I never thought much of Fields as a QB, he is a great athlete tho. Mobile QBs scare me. They are always hurt and miss more games then they play. Yes they are effective but have very short life spans in the NFL. I'll admit my hate for all things OSU and I hope that hate has blinded me. But I seen nothing from Fields that makes me think he will be a franchise QB. I would love to be wrong but I also believe even if I am wrong I'll still be right because Nagy will put this kid in a no win situation. Bad play calling and silly predictable play calling will give Fields a harder road to hoe then most any other QB drafted. We wont run to help this kid, we won't scheme to help this young man. We will throw him to the wolves and break his confidence fast.
Now feel free to bash me for not believing what you believe but history is on my side.
You should just follow Mitch to the Bills

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
How was I wrong? Mitch is making millions and will be for a very long time yet. Nagy failed not Mitch, watch him shine now. Watch Fields fail with Nagy. Won't really be Fields fault any more then it was Mitch's fault.

Debbie Downer,

Sack up and enjoy the off season win. Quit harshing everyone's mellow bruh

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I've watched the Bears for 40+ years. There's never been a QB drafted that had the combination of size, speed, arm talent, intelligence, and success at a major college program that Justin Fields had. Not even close.
This is the truth. They have never drafted a prospect with anywhere near the talent and intelligence at that position in the Super Bowl era. He’s a QB, not a running QB. He uses his legs to extend drives. They’re a weapon not a crutch. This guy has a cool demeanor and is a flat out gamer too. He does go through his progressions as well.

Flip and Lazor are good with QBs and will be working more closely than Nagy on developing him. I really don’t believe Nagy is bad at it either but we have an extremely small sample size to judge working with a QB he inherited.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This is the truth. They have never drafted a prospect with anywhere near the talent and intelligence at that position in the Super Bowl era. He’s a QB, not a running QB. He uses his legs to extend drives. They’re a weapon not a crutch. This guy has a cool demeanor and is a flat out gamer too. He does go through his progressions as well.

Flip and Lazor are good with QBs and will be working more closely than Nagy on developing him. I really don’t believe Nagy is bad at it either but we have an extremely small sample size to judge working with a QB he inherited.
I think @Noonthirtyjoe wants Fields to fail.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
If Fields is able to be successful despite Nagy’s coaching he will become the GOAT.

Reactions: Myk

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I'm curious how punishing the whole forum spam bumping old topics was supposed to prove anything?
He never brings anything to the board. He is in the group of the loud 10 that make this board shit.

Reactions: Myk

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
So I am enjoying watching some of you have a good cry about me not buying in early. Look I really really do want this kid to be a fran QB. I really do. I hope to be wrong.

Kenny Loggins

Liked Posts:
Seems some Bear fans are never happy and just complain for complaining sake. Or they just like the attention. Fields hasn't throw one pass and already he's compared to some of the Bears QB's in the pass.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So I am enjoying watching some of you have a good cry about me not buying in early. Look I really really do want this kid to be a fran QB. I really do. I hope to be wrong.
Well you are often wrong, so here is hoping that streak continues.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
im-getting-too-old-for-this-shit.jpg