Anyone expect Fields to fail like every other Bears QB?

Musashiblade

Liked Posts:
Even if this was the case. I just can't have this type of pessimistic outlook on a talented QB like Fields. Like this QB is a true fucking talent.
I'm glad to take another swing at QB but I'm not real confident this will work out any different then it always does. I never thought much of Fields as a QB, he is a great athlete tho. Mobile QBs scare me. They are always hurt and miss more games then they play. Yes they are effective but have very short life spans in the NFL. I'll admit my hate for all things OSU and I hope that hate has blinded me. But I seen nothing from Fields that makes me think he will be a franchise QB. I would love to be wrong but I also believe even if I am wrong I'll still be right because Nagy will put this kid in a no win situation. Bad play calling and silly predictable play calling will give Fields a harder road to hoe then most any other QB drafted. We wont run to help this kid, we won't scheme to help this young man. We will throw him to the wolves and break his confidence fast.
Now feel free to bash me for not believing what you believe but history is on my side.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
@Noonthirtyjoe

I don’t know anything about you but you deserve all the shit you’re getting here and more. I wasted five minutes of my life trying to concoct a thoughtful response to your original post, but no, there is nothing within me—not even in the deepest recesses of my reptilian brain—that could ever hope to reach you. Jesus Christ, man.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I'm glad to take another swing at QB but I'm not real confident this will work out any different then it always does. I never thought much of Fields as a QB, he is a great athlete tho. Mobile QBs scare me. They are always hurt and miss more games then they play. Yes they are effective but have very short life spans in the NFL. I'll admit my hate for all things OSU and I hope that hate has blinded me. But I seen nothing from Fields that makes me think he will be a franchise QB. I would love to be wrong but I also believe even if I am wrong I'll still be right because Nagy will put this kid in a no win situation. Bad play calling and silly predictable play calling will give Fields a harder road to hoe then most any other QB drafted. We wont run to help this kid, we won't scheme to help this young man. We will throw him to the wolves and break his confidence fast.
Now feel free to bash me for not believing what you believe but history is on my side.

That he went to Ohio State has nothing to do with whatever success he has in the NFL or not.

If he has to be mobile now and again to win games/keep plays alive--there's nothing wrong with that.

The bears--for now--have put him in a much better position to succeed than Mitch's 1st year. He's going to have to learn, and that will happen in time.

Monster

Liked Posts:
My hopes are high...
But being a life long Bears fan has left me skeptical.

Reactions: Myk

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I want Fields to be the man. I don't expect it but I do want it.
Weird how after 30 something games of a dogshit, inept QB, you still thought he was going to be there for 15+ years and become a top 10 pick despite nothing suggesting he would reach that level. But when it comes to fields, a much better prospect whos way more accomplished, you don't expect it.

This stinks of something but i dont want to say what. I think we all know though.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't see crying, I see ppl dragging u tho. Because you're ****ing dumb.
This is an important point for @Noonthirtyjoe and others to understand. Nobody is crying. I'm not upset about his horrible, horrible takes. I'm just here to make fun of him. Because he's an idiot. The kind of guy that needs to take down his pants to count to 21.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Expect him to fail? No

Is it possible for him to fail? Absolutely, happens all the time.

I'd guess that 2 of the 5 drafted in round 1 will be a disappointment...hopefully it's not fields.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Exactly how was I punishing the whole?

Do you actually think nobody has to weed through those years old posts or that you aren't bumping topics that have to do with that is presently going on in the Bears? Those topics are gone because of you. I can search the internet to find Fields news easier than I can find it on this forum now.
This is the only forum I've ever been on that didn't ban people for trolling like that and it's because while you're trolling one individual you are exactly punishing everyone with the BS.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Do you actually think nobody has to weed through those years old posts or that you aren't bumping topics that have to do with that is presently going on in the Bears? Those topics are gone because of you. I can search the internet to find Fields news easier than I can find it on this forum now.
This is the only forum I've ever been on that didn't ban people for trolling like that and it's because while you're trolling one individual you are exactly punishing everyone with the BS.
The guy who thinks Mitch trubisky is the best QB ever because of a QB rating is upset he has to click one button to go to page 2. Stop being a whiny bitch.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Sounds like you don't know how to navigate this forum. That's on you. Not me.

• Haha
Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Sounds like you don't know how to navigate this forum. That's on you. Not me.

It's pretty simple, like any forum you scroll. Until some dumbass spam bumps years old posts to troll someone. That's all on you.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's pretty simple, like any forum you scroll. Until some dumbass spam bumps years old posts to troll someone. That's all on you.
Then buy a track ball mouse.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
It could happen, but until it does, I hope for the best. I guess I don't see the point of trashing a guy trying to play QB for maybe the worst fanbase in the NFL that will turn on him at the first turnover.

Just because many have failed before him in Chicago, doesn't mean he can't be the first to succeed. We will see.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll admit I wasn't the biggest Fields fan before the draft, but I'm excited and on board now. The more highlights I see, the more excited I become and start to question why I wasn't a fan in the first place. I think he'll do well with the Bears. If he doesn't, the Bears will pick the next QB

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't read all the replies, but I wonder how OP would have felt about Jones.