Anyone expect Fields to fail like every other Bears QB?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Here's every Bears QB drafted since I've been a fan compared to Justin Fields.
Jim McMahon: Weaker arm, slower, durability issues. Excelled in reading defenses though.
Mark Casale: Meh
Jim Harbaugh: Mobile, but slower and much weaker arm. Never had the stats of Justin Fields in college.
Brent Snyder: Who?
PT Willis: Meh
Paul Justin: Meh
Will Furrer: Ran hard, but meh.
Moses Moreno: Meh
Cade McNown: Had great numbers in college, but a headcase. Weaker arm, less mobility, terrible accuracy.
Rex Grossman: Decent college career, not a consensus top QB. Lacked size, and mobility.
Craig Krenzel: Please...
Kyle Orton: Weaker arm, much less mobility. Heisman hopeful before injury. Not bad career for 4th round QB.
Dan LeFevour: Nope
Nathan Enderle: Nope
David Fales: Meh
Mitchell Trubisky: Less experience and success in college. Less accurate, slower and smaller.

That list is why folks are more excited about Justin Fields than any QB drafted by the Bears.

I said early on after the draft Fields looks like Trubisky with more talent and experience to prove it. Meaning if they could do that good with Trubisky and this exact same build, Fields should do great.
And THEN they started adding more.

I don't think it works to compare to past QBs. I don't know the explanation but sports abilities seem to get better with time. You need to compare him to present QBs.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He never brings anything to the board. He is in the group of the loud 10 that make this board shit.
All you want, is a message board with a thousand Cheerleaders, that would be a board that sucks!

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hmmm yeah hyatt are you on another board the packer report board ?
lol thats a completely different Hyatt. Their posting styles are way different and the other Hyatt is a fan of the Packers, Steelers and Jets.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His ceiling is worse than his floor?
Literally awful floor/ceiling comps. Even though I do think Lamar is the overall better player.

Fields is a much better passer than Lamar and a Murray floor is awfully high. He’s more accurate than either especially Lamar.

Fields ceiling IMO is Rodgers level. He is that talented. Whether or not he gets there is a different story and historically unlikely.

His floor is probably around Trubs. That IMO is the absolute worst case scenario but I think if Fields struggles to complete passes it won’t be because he’s inaccurate it will be because he has a slow-ish release.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
How was I wrong? Mitch is making millions and will be for a very long time yet. Nagy failed not Mitch, watch him shine now. Watch Fields fail with Nagy. Won't really be Fields fault any more then it was Mitch's fault.
Are you seriously telling me MT will shine BEHIND Josh Allen?!? He will only shine if he gets to close to him and blocks his light with the clipboard. He's making millions not winning if that's your definition of success in the NFL I think I found your problem. He will be more Chase Daniels at best.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm just razzing ya. You weren't actually a Dotard supporter, were you?
Yes, he was. And in fact, I believe he guaranteed a victory based on yard signs/flags. lol

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Literally awful floor/ceiling comps. Even though I do think Lamar is the overall better player.

Fields is a much better passer than Lamar and a Murray floor is awfully high. He’s more accurate than either especially Lamar.

Fields ceiling IMO is Rodgers level. He is that talented. Whether or not he gets there is a different story and historically unlikely.

His floor is probably around Trubs. That IMO is the absolute worst case scenario but I think if Fields struggles to complete passes it won’t be because he’s inaccurate it will be because he has a slow-ish release.
I think his floor is a little above trubisky just based off his intelligence. Ceiling I agree.

Do you really think Lamar is a better player than Kyler? I know Lamar has had more success but I think it is simply because he's on the ravens. I think if situations were switched around ravens would have been a better team with Kyler. Murray isn't quite as good running, but he is pretty far ahead passing. Although kyler kind of reminds me of cutler when things aren't going well. He likes to sulk by himself

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yes, he was. And in fact, I believe he guaranteed a victory based on yard signs/flags. lol

He did. And while saying that he was tryn moonwalk over everyone whomst said he's stupid for saying that. And look what happened.

At this point the question is, does anyone actually think @Noonthirtyjoe is even remotely intelligent after all this? I mean, even Boomer Trumpy type ppl?

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think his floor is a little above trubisky just based off his intelligence. Ceiling I agree.

Do you really think Lamar is a better player than Kyler? I know Lamar has had more success but I think it is simply because he's on the ravens. I think if situations were switched around ravens would have been a better team with Kyler. Murray isn't quite as good running, but he is pretty far ahead passing. Although kyler kind of reminds me of cutler when things aren't going well. He likes to sulk by himself
I think Lamar is better right now but Murray has the higher ceiling because he is the better passer. But at this moment I’d take Lamar over Murray.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Looking at the history, he's got his work cut out for him.

Wishing him the best, but at the bare minimum the fan base has more hope than they did with Foles, Dalton and previously Mitch. Enjoy that and hope it translates into lasting success.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How was I wrong? Mitch is making millions and will be for a very long time yet. Nagy failed not Mitch, watch him shine now. Watch Fields fail with Nagy. Won't really be Fields fault any more then it was Mitch's fault.

Lol, I still remember the time when you thought Matt Barkley was the future franchise QB of the Bears. If you are down on Fields then it must mean he will be a star.

Imagine white knighting for 2 mediocre white QBs but then hating on the uber talented and athletic black QB? What did Barkley and Trubisky have that Fields doesn't besides less melanin?

Last edited:

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Lol, I still remember the time when you thought Matt Barkley was the future franchise QB of the Bears. If you are down on fields then it must mean he will be a star.
LOL ya keep that lie going. I thought he could be serviceable with a offseason with the team. But don't let facts get in your way.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
LOL ya keep that lie going. I thought he could be serviceable with a offseason with the team. But don't let facts get in your way.
Is Mitchell going to be "Serviceable" for the Bills boyo?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Sure some guy? i never heard of. Victory was easily achieved and then stolen as history will show for all the future to learn from. And your guy is doing great things. I can't think of hand offhand but I know he is your hero so I will let it go. You follow.