Anyone like the banjo?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I never was a huge bluegrass guy growing up, but I love all the modern banjo music going on. Also, picked me up a deering good time to fuck around with during the quarantine.

Anyone else dig the banjo or is just hipster shit haha?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Not a knock on you or anyone here. But after Les Paul revolutionized sound, a ton of string instruments simply became obscure if they weren't either an electric guitar or an acoustic guitar.

Banjos, mandolins, and ukulele's are 'typecast' instruments, that have capabilities far exceeding the stereotypes. And of course, the Banjo-Ukulele..., which is cool too. Lot of unexplored spaces in pop culture, aside from small 5 year periods of spiked trends over the last century. Sitars, diddley bows, etc. They have the spotlight on them for a few years, then die as the guitar lives on. And that's a shame, but what can you do, not everyone is going to learn every thing available :)

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I never was a huge bluegrass guy growing up, but I love all the modern banjo music going on. Also, picked me up a deering good time to fuck around with during the quarantine.

Anyone else dig the banjo or is just hipster shit haha?

I don't play the banjo myself but have been in a band that had a banjo. Underrated instrument if used properly ;)

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I like the banjo. And I like a little Blue Grass and New Grass music.

You ever listen to Trampled By Turtles?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not really but have seen Bela Fleck a couple of times and really enjoyed it.