Anyone on the Juice?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
A mid to late 70's corvette is next up on the chopping bock for me....
Because they are dirt cheap dogs that are a dime a dozen.
It will take a brand new power train to become relevant.

I guess martini isnt well versed on the whole 1970's vehicular castration.

I had a 1978 Trans am in the early 90s... 7.5 liter engine (455).
put out a monsterous, earth shattering 200 horses give or take.

The same motor, same configuration 8 years earlier had almost twice the power.

By and large, production wise, from 73 on, most off the line sports cars took almost 30 years to return to 300 horses or more.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
A mid to late 70's corvette is next up on the chopping bock for me....
Because they are dirt cheap dogs that are a dime a dozen.
It will take a brand new power train to become relevant.

I guess martini is a lying douchebag

I had a 1978 Trans am in the early 90s... 7.5 liter engine (455).
put out a monsterous, earth shattering 200 horses give or take.

The same motor, same configuration 8 years earlier had almost twice the power.

By and large, production wise, from 73 on, most off the line sports cars took almost 30 years to return to 300 horses or more.
I fixed this for you.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
1967-blue-corvette-l71-coupe-0289.jpg

Nothing else compares!

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dont listen to these fat guys. Take all the steroids. Deca, test, dbol, hgh, yolo. Take as much as you can. No cycling off. No PCT, no bloodwork. Your best days are behind you. Time to put it into high gear with gear.

They dont know how good it feels to be jacked.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
1967-blue-corvette-l71-coupe-0289.jpg

Nothing else compares!
If you are looking for a car for your wife to drive...maybe.

Beautiful car no doubt, but doesn't even crack the top 10 if the conversation is muscle.

The 1970 chevelle ls6 is the be all end all of American muscle off the line.
450+ horses that can be modified though the roof.

1970-Chevrolet-Chevelle-SS-454-LS6.jpg

Vettes are for old men in sweaters, sun hats and driving gloves to slowly cruise the coast.
Beautiful but boring eurosport clones.

Pavement shredding muscle is the real representation of American vehicles, and the chevelle was at the top of the food chain.

Give me a million bucks and a 10 spot car carrier to take back and load up with classic muscle, the vette is getting left behind.

Gonna grab a chevelle, gto, camaro zl1, amc amx3, barracuda, boss mustang, charger, nova, 442, skylark... and probably 10 others on a second trip before selecting a stock vette.

Muscle wins and the vette was just a turn key showpiece.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:

Beautiful car no doubt, but doesn't even crack the top 10 if the conversation is muscle.

View attachment 11761

Vettes are for old men in sweaters, sun hats and driving gloves to slowly cruise the coast.

Pavement shredding muscle is the real representation of American vehicles, and the chevelle was at the top of the food chain.

Give me a million bucks and a 10 spot car carrier to take back and load up with classic muscle, the vette is getting left behind.

Gonna grab a chevelle, gto, camaro zl1, amc amx3, barracuda, boss mustang, charger, nova, 442, skylark... and probably 10 others on a second trip before selecting a stock vette.

I just happen to have a love for 67 Vettes, especially the BB ones..But you are correct as far as fast goes on the LS6. But don't under estimate the 435 HP vette.

BTW..My nephew has one of the LS6 Chevelles...

I would say that the Shelby Cobra would be tops in speed. But its all up for interpretation.

Fastest Classic Muscle Cars Of All Time | MotorBiscuit

One can find 10 articles on the subject and they all list mostly the same cars in different order.

Truth be known, if you own any of em, youre a lucky man.

I briefly owned a 68 Nickey Camaro 427/425..A month after I bought it I got my draft notice, so I had my father sell it after I left... I just saw one on Mecum for 500K....ouch!

Last edited:

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

View attachment 11761

I think you're selling the L88 435/427 a bit short here. That said, in later wind tunnel testing, the C3 Corvette in the photo had aerodynamics that actually created lift instead of downforce at speed.... yikes ?

Agree with many of your other choices....the "BOP" parts of GM took an undeserved back seat in the muscle car wars, particularly Buick and Oldsmobile: their top power engines were long stroke low end torque vs. high RPM horsepower engines that suffered in straight line performance with the tire technology of the day (nothing says "hooked up!" like 6" wide bias ply tires.) I saw a test some years ago where they got owners of stock muscle cars to agree to drag strip runs all fitted with modern drag slicks for traction. In the end, the top cars were a Stage 1 Buick GS 455, a W30 Oldsmobile 442 with a 455, the aforementioned LS6 Chevelle in third.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you're selling the L88 435/427 a bit short here. That said, in later wind tunnel testing, the C3 Corvette in the photo had aerodynamics that actually created lift instead of downforce at speed.... yikes ?

Agree with many of your other choices....the "BOP" parts of GM took an undeserved back seat in the muscle car wars, particularly Buick and Oldsmobile: their top power engines were long stroke low end torque vs. high RPM horsepower engines that suffered in straight line performance with the tire technology of the day (nothing says "hooked up!" like 6" wide bias ply tires.) I saw a test some years ago where they got owners of stock muscle cars to agree to drag strip runs all fitted with modern drag slicks for traction. In the end, the top cars were a Stage 1 Buick GS 455, a W30 Oldsmobile 442 with a 455, the aforementioned LS6 Chevelle in third.
I can see by the design of the front end on the photo where lift would be a problem..
Plus, Airtime misses that Ford side oiler motor. That was a monster as well

I think where we are ALL going wrong is trying to rank these cars by speed alone...If that's all we are interested in, then forget em all, and go buy a 2021 Challenger that produces almost 800 HP and be done with it...Heck, ya even get a warranty with it .

I still love that 67 BB Vette, no matter its faults

Last edited:

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can see by the design of the front end on the photo where lift would be a problem..
Plus, Airtime misses that Ford side oiler motor. That was a monster as well

I think where we are ALL going wrong is trying to rank these cars by speed alone...If that's all we are interested in, then forget em all, and go buy a 2021 Challenger that produces almost 800 HP and be done with it...Heck, ya even get a warranty with it .

I still love that 67 BB Vette, no matter its faults
I've owned many muscle cars in my lifetime . There is nothing like the new hi horsepower cars today with all the comforts. Its my opinion the Ford Coyote engine is by far the most stout of them all , today.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've owned many muscle cars in my lifetime . There is nothing like the new hi horsepower cars today with all the comforts. Its my opinion the Ford Coyote engine is by far the most stout of them all , today.
I'm with you...I will always love old cars, but as I near retirement, I'm not sure I want to start a big restoration...I kinda would like a used Cadillac CTS-V with the 556 HP engine, and the magnetic suspension.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Combo apple juice and vinegar

use to do that.

i mop

apple cider vinegar, oil, beer

or sometimes

a spicy vinegar combo - white vinegar, cider vinegar, brown sugar, pepper flakes, hot sauce etc

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fav American muscle

Ford GT
Shelby Cobra
Dodge Viper

but has only owned slow Toyotas my entire life.