Anyone watching A REAL QB stand in the pocket and deliver tonight?

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Never thought the Bears had a chance for Justin Fields. Wilson was the guy I was hoping he fell to the Bears. Man I’m glad Fields fell to #11.

Fields has integrity and leadership skills. Takes responsibility for his play and tries to become better even though his O-line and receivers are basically awful. We as fans see him improve, and willing to learn.

Bears fans and the Bears org. are lucky to have him as QB1. Please Poles make the Oline better so that Fields can have a long and successful career in Chicago and win multiple SBs.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Had to be epilepsy concerns it still doesn’t make any sense
Doctors know what's up and you have to think GMs would consult them.

Wilson can't have epilepsy since he lacks a brane.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I watched that whole draft process like what the fuck, why? about Wilson. I’m so happy people fell for the hype and drafted him

Neither did I, especially when what we've seen from him so far is what you saw in college when BYU played a non-cupcake team, like Coastal Carolina. The signs were there this kid had red fags, and I'm not talking about the rich Mormon reality show vibe.

Unfortunately, fans and scouts alike see what they want and convince themselves.

But like @msadows when he (I could swear it was him, he can correct me if wrong) posted the video thread during the draft season that year--who to his credit admitted he was wrong about Wilson--I'll bet scouts also fell in love with the personal BYU workout where he's not in pads, doesn't have any simulated pass rush trying to pressure him/make him uncomfortable. He's just running around an indoor practice field chucking up some very pretty 50+ yard perfect-spiraled bombs to his college WR buddies.

They didn't want to see/believe Coastal Carolina changing coverages (looking like man coverage but running zone or vice-versa) and Wilson looking all kinds of confused and making some ugly, sophomoric mistakes because that was just one game against one good team so it can't be the rule....its the exception, right? It seemed nobody wanted to dig deeper into his tape/game and find out that CC that year had the 22nd-ranked NCAA defense, and was the only defense ranked above 70s (Boise State) BYU played that year. Then the stat-stuffing by dunking on cupcake teams starts to make a lot more sense, especially when the year prior/2019 he threw for 1300 less yards, 20 less TDs, and almost 1:1 TD/INT ratio against significantly better competition than BYU saw in 2020.

Now there's always the side of the draft fans never see unless something horrid comes out (usually long after the draft) like Dez Bryant and Jeff Ireland's interview about his mom being a prostitute and how Dez wasn't a fan. I can fully accept this kid may have aced every question, every test, every meeting, etc. He wouldn't be the first fraud to fool a team. If that comes out at some point I could understand the appeal a little more. He was the 'underdog' small QB that year, so a mix of that, acing the interview, and pretty passes in workout clothes can do it for scouts and fans that lack the critical thinking necessary to see the entire picture.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had no clue Lawrence was from Georgia ?

So far him and Fields look like 1A and A1 in that draft. I know they have to be watching each other constantly
Lawrence and Fields actually had the same QB tutor from the time they were youngins. They grew up like 20 miles from one another. I actually preferred Fields over Lawrence from before the draft because what I witnessed in the Elite 11 competition.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Neither did I, especially when what we've seen from him so far is what you saw in college when BYU played a non-cupcake team, like Coastal Carolina. The signs were there this kid had red fags, and I'm not talking about the rich Mormon reality show vibe.

Unfortunately, fans and scouts alike see what they want and convince themselves.

But like @msadows when he (I could swear it was him, he can correct me if wrong) posted the video thread during the draft season that year--who to his credit admitted he was wrong about Wilson--I'll bet scouts also fell in love with the personal BYU workout where he's not in pads, doesn't have any simulated pass rush trying to pressure him/make him uncomfortable. He's just running around an indoor practice field chucking up some very pretty 50+ yard perfect-spiraled bombs to his college WR buddies.

They didn't want to see/believe Coastal Carolina changing coverages (looking like man coverage but running zone or vice-versa) and Wilson looking all kinds of confused and making some ugly, sophomoric mistakes because that was just one game against one good team so it can't be the rule....its the exception, right? It seemed nobody wanted to dig deeper into his tape/game and find out that CC that year had the 22nd-ranked NCAA defense, and was the only defense ranked above 70s (Boise State) BYU played that year. Then the stat-stuffing by dunking on cupcake teams starts to make a lot more sense, especially when the year prior/2019 he threw for 1300 less yards, 20 less TDs, and almost 1:1 TD/INT ratio against significantly better competition than BYU saw in 2020.

Now there's always the side of the draft fans never see unless something horrid comes out (usually long after the draft) like Dez Bryant and Jeff Ireland's interview about his mom being a prostitute and how Dez wasn't a fan. I can fully accept this kid may have aced every question, every test, every meeting, etc. He wouldn't be the first fraud to fool a team. If that comes out at some point I could understand the appeal a little more. He was the 'underdog' small QB that year, so a mix of that, acing the interview, and pretty passes in workout clothes can do it for scouts and fans that lack the critical thinking necessary to see the entire picture.
We all know why Wilson was even drafted. His MILF mom.

1671809981974.jpeg

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Aaron Rodgers will be NYJ QB.
Doubtful, I mean the jets can’t be that stupid right ???? Right?????!!!?!?

It would take at least a 1st to get him, they’d have to agree to eat some of his cap space and it would fuck the youth movement of that team

Not to mention they just did this with a former Packer’s QB

Bust

Liked Posts:
IT'S OFFICIAL. IF THE DRAFT WAS REDONE JUSTIN WOULD BE #1 OVERALL AND TREVOR FALLS TO #2.

RYAN PACE GOT A STEAL BOYZ

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Just ignore Lawrence getting the majority of his first downs by running and his lone TD so far by running

Jokes aside he looks great and Wilson looks like Trubisky but from Utah

Steelers should keep him them. I dont believe this for a second. Even Tebow won 6 straight games.

1671812171018.png

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Trust me, he feels some type of way about it.
It's probably going to work out pretty well for him. If the turns into "that guy", and the arrow is certainly pointing up...the dude will be an absolute Chicago legend if they manage to win a Super Bowl during his time as a Bear. Lots of ifs, but we all know how huge that would be. Statues and shit.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hey Jets, would you like the 2nd pick overall?

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Jets have nice pieces. Their fans gnashing their teeth to nubs right now that they won that meaningless game and lost out on Trevor Lawrence and #1 pick.

I know this.. because im still bitter many years later that Aaron Donald went one pick ahead of us.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
It's crazy how things change between the end of college football season and the time if the draft. After Fields threw fir I think 6 TDs in the CFP he was the solidified #2 QB. Then by draft he falls past Wilson, Lance and outside the top 10.
And now it looks like both Wilson and Lance will be busts.