Anyone watching the Chargers game - Extend Santos

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
last week Bailey's 5 misses costs the Vikings a win, and Chargers' Badgley had two chances to win tonight, missing both.

Santos has been the Bears' best kicker since Gould. In fact, compared to Gould's first year, Santos is so far, better.

As crazy as it sounds, Santos needs to be a top priority for an extension

Also, if you don't know Santos' story, its pretty good:

Santos was raised in Brazil and was unfamiliar with NFL football until he moved to Florida as a foreign exchange student. Originally, Santos planned to stay for only one year to learn English, but his host family's son soon found that the kicking skills Santos had developed playing soccer in Brazil translated well to kicking a football and the son convinced the high school football coach to to give Santos a tryout. After hitting multiple 50 yrd field goals, Santos became the starting kicker for that weeks game, and had a player by him on the sidelines during the entire game to tell him when to go in the game to kick. Santos did not know any of the rules of American football. He eventually learned the rules after playing hours and hours of Madden football. With the opportunity to earn a college scholarship, Santos remained in Florida, sharpening his kicking skills through all of high school.

Last edited:

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
IMO, Lynn is coaching himself out of a job.

Chargers have had a lot of chances to win games and they've blown it with absolutely terrible coaching decision.

You have it 3rd and 2 with a minute left. All you have to do is bleed the clock and hit the 45 yarder. Why are you fucking passing!? Then Herbert gets sacked on the PA and it knocks them out of realistic field goal range. Just unreal.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Chargers have had a lot of chances to win games and they've blown it with absolutely terrible coaching decision.

You have it 3rd and 2 with a minute left. All you have to do is bleed the clock and hit the 45 yarder. Why are you fucking passing!? Then Herbert gets sacked on the PA and it knocks them out of realistic field goal range. Just unreal.

Its kinda like the Bears offensive plays the last 4 minutes of the Lions game

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Our old buddy Kwit just gave the Chargers a fresh set of downs to bail Lynn out.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Lynn and Gruden are brutal.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Raiders were looking playoff bound a couple weeks ago. CHOKE!

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I agree with that. The Chargers have lost close games all season long many of which they have had a big lead. Watching Anthony Lynn it makes it very easy to see why. I would not let this man within 100 miles of my side line.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I genuinely don't understand why Jon Gruden even came back.

I liked him better when he thought every player ever was the greatest.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Raiders were looking playoff bound a couple weeks ago. CHOKE!

Not that the Bears have a bright future but Im not sure why people think the Raiders have a better situation. They dont.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Agree 100%, they need to extend Santos, I like Eddie, but you can not let a guy go that has played this well for a guy that can not seem to stay healthy.

Hell it is kicker, I have seen teams carry two....

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Gruden’s team is 1-4 in their last five games and their lone win was the come back in the final seconds against the winless Jets.

If not for the boneheaded call by Gregg Williams, the Raiders would be 6-8.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
TL, I don't know about most overrated in the league. He has gotten his offense to 11th in the league overall. That is pretty good. He just can't do anything defensively.

Same thing when he was in Tampa. Defense was all set, he just stepped in and made the offense good enough to win.

I would take him over Nagy is a heartbeat especially with Pace picking the defense for him. I think if you put Gruden in a hands off defense situation and let him coach offense he can do just fine.