Are Bears the most attractive HC job on the market?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think it plays out like this

-Nagy is fired, because they simply have to feed someone to the wolves.

-They do an awkward mental gymnastics routine to keep Pace while mentioning Fields in every sentence.

-I think Pace limits the HC pool a little. I cannot see big time coaching candidates not wanting their personnel guy and Pace has baggage.

-I think we end up with an offensive coach who needs a shot. Pace knows fixing the offense is still critical. I think Greg Roman makes a ton of sense.

I have a different take. I think there's too much people with too much angst informing what they think will happen.

I think Nagy will be fired.

I think Pace is either fired or kicked upstairs. McDaniels is brought in as target #1 and given the keys to the kingdom. He brings in his own GM.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think a lot of coaches would love a chance to be the guy who develops Fields. Turn the Bears into a winning franchise and be worshipped by the fans. Never pay for a drink in Chicago again!

I was worried if the Bears possibly being for sale would make top candidates shy away but the CCS cognoscenti have reassured me that is not the case. In fact the potential of replacing the current owners is a plus

Is the current roster a dumpster fire? Yes

Are they in draft hell and just this side of cap hell? Certainly

Will the guy who created this mess be the next HC's boss? Signs point to yes.

I don't think we'll know who wants the job and who doesn't til we know. Too hard to predict right now.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Noooo...least attractive if anything. If I was anybody I'd run as far away from this organization as possible. Hell, I don't even work for them, I'm just a fan and I want to run away from this org as fast as possible

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Bears will be the top job. It's not even close. Mcdaniels is a horrible ideal. He wants full power so he is out thankfully.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Texans, Bears, Giants, Jaguars, Panthers, and maybe Dolphins are all teams that may have a new head coach.
Not even close even with the other potential openings mentioned in this threat Fields, hands off owners until they sell, new stadium in a few years and the list goes on.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears will be the top job. It's not even close. Mcdaniels is a horrible ideal. He wants full power so he is out thankfully.

Don't be so sure.

And to be clear, I agree with you on him being a terrible selection. I just think its the most likely to happen.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Noooo...least attractive if anything. If I was anybody I'd run as far away from this organization as possible. Hell, I don't even work for them, I'm just a fan and I want to run away from this org as fast as possible
so wrong. That's what you would do. Anyone who knows anything about the NFL will tell you this is an attractive job

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nagy gets fired, hopefully at the latest after game 15.

Pace gets bumped upstairs. He will be in charge of football operations. Teddy will actually be the finance guy and finance guy ONLY! The McCaskeys like Pace. They loved how he handled the entire Halas Hall renovation. They want him to be the lead guy for the new stadium.

This is an attractive job for any new coach, it always has been and always will

It is even more attractive for the next GM with the new stadium coming. The Bears organization will be the most most valuable sports franchise once they have their own stadium.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
so wrong. That's what you would do. Anyone who knows anything about the NFL will tell you this is an attractive job
Ok I mean I'm probably one of the newer fans around here compared to some of you salty veterans but even in my brief day I've lived through no less than THREE, count 'em THREE failed front offices. With this stellar record of success I'd be a fool to bet on the next crop of clowns being any better than the last three. but nobody ever accused me of being an optimist

Bust

Liked Posts:
Texans, Bears, Giants, Jaguars, Panthers, and maybe Dolphins are all teams that may have a new head coach.

DUH

Only a handful of nfl coaching gigs available. Chicago is the 3rd largest sports market.

New stadium right around the corner too. WOW!!!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
DUH

Only a handful of nfl coaching gigs available. Chicago is the 3rd largest sports market.

New stadium right around the corner too. WOW!!!
The next HC may never see a game in the next stadium. It would be nice if he does, as that means he would last more than 4 years ad presumably that means he has success. But the stadium is years away.

But all in all, some good things n the horizon, not least of which is hope for new ownership.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I have a different take. I think there's too much people with too much angst informing what they think will happen.

I think Nagy will be fired.

I think Pace is either fired or kicked upstairs. McDaniels is brought in as target #1 and given the keys to the kingdom. He brings in his own GM.
That would be a disaster. Nobody in their right mind would give that immature knucklehead the keys to the organization. Quite the opposite. If McDaniels is to succeed it would be under a GM with a tight rein.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
I think it plays out like this

-Nagy is fired, because they simply have to feed someone to the wolves.

-They do an awkward mental gymnastics routine to keep Pace while mentioning Fields in every sentence.

-I think Pace limits the HC pool a little. I cannot see big time coaching candidates not wanting their personnel guy and Pace has baggage.

-I think we end up with an offensive coach who needs a shot. Pace knows fixing the offense is still critical. I think Greg Roman makes a ton of sense.
If it's not Roman, I'd be happy with Panther's offensive coordinator Joe Brady. I love his passing scheme. He's just been stuck with absolute ass cheeks, at QB, for it to work. Not to mention, his Stick/Mesh concept passing game fits the current WRs we have quite well.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That would be a disaster. Nobody in their right mind would give that immature knucklehead the keys to the organization. Quite the opposite. If McDaniels is to succeed it would be under a GM with a tight rein.

Oh... I think the McCaskeys are just crazy/stupid enough to do it....

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Kind of a mosh-pit of dogshit franchises. Pick your poison.

I would actually say the Dolphins are probably the best destination of them all but Flores wont be fired. They're playing well as of late and they got a few easy teams on the way. Defense and Tua are playing well. They have a good stash of draft picks over the next two years thanks to the Niners. No state income tax and apparently the humidity is undefeated against Aaron Rodgers.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
What does Ernie Accorsi think?

A man who is a hundred years young and spent 30 years as a GM and never won a Superbowl knows exactly what we need.