Are Bears the most attractive HC job on the market?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Texans, Bears, Giants, Jaguars, Panthers, and maybe Dolphins are all teams that may have a new head coach.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. We have the creepiest/weirdest FO in football.
Agree...no first round pick, Special person ownership and a pos GM who wastes draft capitol and can't pick worth a shit.

If I was a hot sought after coach....no I wouldn't come here

Want Sean Payton maybe?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We are recognized nationally as having a real ass potential franchise quarterback.

The Bears will draw the most attention.

People love to bitch about the mccaskys but almost every fan base bitches about their owner and their weird habits. The coach doesn't deal with the owner all too much. The GM will matter more and frankly what matters the most is having a quarterback.

The Bears will be getting a lot of attention this off season.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The only thing going for the Bears job is that a new HC will likely have job security beyond the point at which they should be fired.
It's something I've heard Hub Arkush bring up time and again, but his take is that what the fans think rarely matches what coaching circles think.

Hub has always said the Bears are considered a pretty good to at times great destination because not only are there only 32 of these jobs, coaches themselves tend to be football nerds and love the idea of coaching the charter franchise. On top of that, regardless of the rumors out there, the McCaskeys are seen as a mostly hands off ownership, which a lot of coaches favor. And in one of his most recent radio hits, he said that the Bears likely will be the premier spot over the off-season, because in league circles, Justin Fields is considered to be by miles the best QB option of all the potential job openings.

The interesting bent, and this falls into place with Ryan Pace's future, is that the Bears may be considering something of giving the head coach full power over the organization, but only if the coach and situation is right. This is a change from before where they wanted the GM in charge of football operations and the HC answers to the GM, but they are apparently more open to this idea now than they were when they hired Nagy.

To me, that's a clear nod to Josh McDaniels. I think if they land him, they allow him to run the show ala Belichick, and bring in his own GM to do his "shopping" for him.

However, if they don't decide on McDaniels, I think they keep the structure they've always had, but 50-50 whether Pace is either fired or kicked upstairs, at least per the rumors. But it doesn't seem like Pace is staying as GM. But then again, rumors are rumors for a reason....

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Brad Biggs rates the job:

1638298070286.png1638298075662.png1638298081343.png1638298108238.png

Eight butt cheeks

napo55

Liked Posts:
AS long as Ryan Pace is the GM, this franchise is a place to be avoided.

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
Agree...no first round pick, Special person ownership and a pos GM who wastes draft capitol and can't pick worth a shit.

If I was a hot sought after coach....no I wouldn't come here

Want Sean Payton maybe?
Some of you dudes care way too much about football. Why is Pace a pos? What did he do/say? Trade draft picks? Lol.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think it plays out like this

-Nagy is fired, because they simply have to feed someone to the wolves.

-They do an awkward mental gymnastics routine to keep Pace while mentioning Fields in every sentence.

-I think Pace limits the HC pool a little. I cannot see big time coaching candidates not wanting their personnel guy and Pace has baggage.

-I think we end up with an offensive coach who needs a shot. Pace knows fixing the offense is still critical. I think Greg Roman makes a ton of sense.