Are the bears a bad team?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good teams overcome their weaknesses and find ways to win. There is much much more to fix on this team than coaching but it's a place to start.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
They have a strong young core, which bodes well for the future (hopefully).

On offense, they have Fields, Monty, Mooney, Kmet, Daniels, Borom, and Jenkins to build around

On Defense, they have 2 stars in Johnson and Smith and Robert Quinn may have a couple years of high level play left.

Cut the over inflated contracts that serve no purpose at this point and build around the young talent. It's time for a youth movement.

I admire your optimism. I have high hopes for Fields. I like Montgomery but he offers no mismatch potential in the passing game. Mooney looks like a good #2 receiver. Borom shows promise. We have nothing to judge Jenkins on one way or the other. Daniels is gone. I've seen nothing impressive from Kmet. I don't see any difference makers or potential difference makers on offense. Hopefully Jenkins pans out., then they'll need two o-lineman. They need two receivers and a running back with the ability to threaten defenses in the passing game. A tight end who can actually create separation would be great but that's unlikely.

Defense? Johnson is good(would hardly call him a star). Smith is a stud. That's it from a long term perspective. The secondary is a disaster. Bad now, no one in the pipeline. Other linebacker spot is a hole. Quinn and Mack are great in the short term. Gipson has flashed but again, that's it.

And that's what I'm talking about. You have an offense devoid of difference makers, A patchwork o-line and a defense full of holes with very little developing talent.

At this point Fields has to be an elite, top 5 QB. That's the only chance they have. Outside of that, this roster is 3 years from being competitive.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I admire your optimism. I have high hopes for Fields. I like Montgomery but he offers no mismatch potential in the passing game. Mooney looks like a good #2 receiver. Borom shows promise. We have nothing to judge Jenkins on one way or the other. Daniels is gone. I've seen nothing impressive from Kmet. I don't see any difference makers or potential difference makers on offense. Hopefully Jenkins pans out., then they'll need two o-lineman. They need two receivers and a running back with the ability to threaten defenses in the passing game. A tight end who can actually create separation would be great but that's unlikely.

Defense? Johnson is good(would hardly call him a star). Smith is a stud. That's it from a long term perspective. The secondary is a disaster. Bad now, no one in the pipeline. Other linebacker spot is a hole. Quinn and Mack are great in the short term. Gipson has flashed but again, that's it.

And that's what I'm talking about. You have an offense devoid of difference makers, A patchwork o-line and a defense full of holes with very little developing talent.

At this point Fields has to be an elite, top 5 QB. That's the only chance they have. Outside of that, this roster is 3 years from being competitive.
Daniels is not gone. lmao He's actually good

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have a few pieces on both sides of the ballto build around. The rest are just bodies, completely replaceable players including kmet.

The offense is a lot closer than the defense, the 90% of the secondary needs go.

2023 is probably the soonest this team can be competitive IMO if everything lines up right.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They're probably average with better coaches but average still sucks and get you nowhere. We've been living at average for decades.

Theres a lack of talent and coaching and competent front office. Its all bad.