Are the bears a bad team?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Or average team with bad coaches? I kind of think they are average with questionable coaching calls.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Or average team with bad coaches? I kind of think they are average with questionable coaching calls.

Little bit of both?

I think a better set of coaches could get this team to 8-9 | 9-8, and under a better set of coaches, you would have had bigger years from Allen Robinson, Cole Kmet, Mooney would have an even bigger year, the RBs would still be rolling, etc. I even think Fields would have started the year and looked a lot better sooner.

But you are still soft up the middle on both offensive and defensive lines, not deep in terms of WRs, nothing in your secondary other than Johnson, and have a ton of holes and depth issues.

So its a mixed bag.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Little bit of both?

I think a better set of coaches could get this team to 8-9 | 9-8, and under a better set of coaches, you would have had bigger years from Allen Robinson, Cole Kmet, Mooney would have an even bigger year, the RBs would still be rolling, etc. I even think Fields would have started the year and looked a lot better sooner.

But you are still soft up the middle on both offensive and defensive lines, not deep in terms of WRs, nothing in your secondary other than Johnson, and have a ton of holes and depth issues.

So its a mixed bag.

Yes, this is a mediocre team

but they are not 3-7 bad. The team just doesn't care anymore

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Middling team with bad coaches. But the defense is getting close to being very bad due to aging players in the front 7 and terrible depth in the secondary.

The offense could be above average next year with the addition of a good WR.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Average team with shitty coaching on the offensive side of the ball, which can be blamed for most of the losses. We should be 4-6 if not for the refs having money on the Steelers.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
They aren't bad. They're baaaaaaad.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You are what you are.

The Bears have the second worst record in the NFC.

They’re the second worst team in the NFC.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The whole league stinks. There isn’t a single dominant team in the NFL. If Nagy had been able to get this bunch to just mediocre, they would be in the playoff mix. However, Nagy is a moron that doubles and triples down on stupid and never learns from the myriad of mistakes he makes.

Andy Reid sold everyone a bill of goods on this guy. He was the hot name when the Bears hired him but he’s a cheerleader not a coach.

Twice the Bears landed the hot coaching candidate and it bombed both times.

One Team

Liked Posts:
It's an interesting question and difficult to answer due to so many variables...some we (public) are aware of and many that we are not.

As an example, I will point to the NHL team that I follow.

They have been middle of the pack for several years with essentially the same core of players.

There have been different head coaches, but the results were always similar...inconsistent results and undisciplined play.

The fans are screaming every off season about how the team needs to get rid of the 'rotten' core of players along with incompetent coaches and start the rebuild.

They go ahead and make another coaching change to a proven winner and leader of players while retaining the same 'rotten' core of players.

All of a sudden it seems like a switch was flipped and the team suddenly begins to perform at a very high level and now sit near the top of the league.

What's been the hallmark of their recent play?...fans and media point to consistency and disciplined play.

Go figure.

My personal thought on this Bears team is that they could have much better results with the talent they have.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Bears are a playoff team that just happens to to be 3-7. Just like the Seahawks. The Bears are close ppl.. theyll turn it on soon..

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I know I'm alone in this but I don't think coaches matter. Talent is the decider. This is a bad football team. I think the idea that there is a coach who could come in and turn this team as it's currently constructed into a competitive group is nonsense.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have been told how excellent Ryan Pace is at drafting so obviously this is all Nagy’s fault. Pretty sure with all mid round “hits” the genius Pace has picked and the incredible game changing talent he has signed this team would have maybe 1 loss if we had a competent head coach.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The whole league stinks. There isn’t a single dominant team in the NFL. If Nagy had been able to get this bunch to just mediocre, they would be in the playoff mix. However, Nagy is a moron that doubles and triples down on stupid and never learns from the myriad of mistakes he makes.

Andy Reid sold everyone a bill of goods on this guy. He was the hot name when the Bears hired him but he’s a cheerleader not a coach.

Twice the Bears landed the hot coaching candidate and it bombed both times.
Who was the other hot candidate?

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's an average team. Definitely better than 3-7 lol. I think a good coaching staff mightve had this team around .500

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
They have a strong young core, which bodes well for the future (hopefully).

On offense, they have Fields, Monty, Mooney, Kmet, Daniels, Borom, and Jenkins to build around

On Defense, they have 2 stars in Johnson and Smith and Robert Quinn may have a couple years of high level play left.

Cut the over inflated contracts that serve no purpose at this point and build around the young talent. It's time for a youth movement.