Are the Bears the worst 2-0 team?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Probably.

I'm still not sold on the Rams, and the Raiders aren't a great team. But they're probably better than the Bears right now.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
2-0 is all that matters. They've done things well and they've got things to improve upon, just like most other teams. Might as well be 2-0 while you're at it.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
2-0 teams:

Cardinals
Rams
Packers
Ravens
Steelers
Titans
Bills
Seahawks
Bears

TBD:
Raiders
Saints

Bears played 2 bad teams but BOTH games came down to the last seconds.

regardless of what happens on MNF. I believe the Bears are the worst 2-0 team in league.

Prove me wrong....

Three teams on that list I think the Bears are about equal to: Cardinals, Titans and Bills
I think they all end up about 9-7

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
The what?
You know.. Otis

517_tn.jpg

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Chiefs, Ravens and Steelers are the best 3 teams in the NFL in my opinion and they luckily are all in the AFC.

The NFC West though might be the best division since the realignment in 2002. Every one of those teams might have a winning record but none of them are elite. Russell Wilson is awesome but their defense just is not what it used to be.

Packers and Saints might be the best 2 teams in the NFC.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears are a pretty bad 2-0 team having struggled in both those games to beat 2 of the worst teams, the latter after taking out their best player. That said, it's far better to have the 2 ugly wins than to be 0-2. In the end, it means an 8-8 or 9-7 record rather than a record as bad as 6-10. Makes for just a good enough record to keep Pace and Nagy on so they can continue to take the Bears absolutely nowhere.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chiefs, Ravens and Steelers are the best 3 teams in the NFL in my opinion and they luckily are all in the AFC.

The NFC West though might be the best division since the realignment in 2002. Every one of those teams might have a winning record but none of them are elite. Russell Wilson is awesome but their defense just is not what it used to be.

Packers and Saints might be the best 2 teams in the NFC.
Did you watch the game last night, man? Patriots are still a very good team. They came up a couple yards shy of an unbelievable win even as Wilson played lights out after the initial tipped pick 6. The most amazing thing I saw in that game was Cam Newton being a real good QB making good throws throughout. It was a day and night type difference from the last time I saw Carolina Cam. As seen before, a once very good but flailing player goes to NE and is humbled and rejuvenated at the same time. Also think we'll see Hawks D look better as they play less potent offenses.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Did you watch the game last night, man? Patriots are still a very good team. They came up a couple yards shy of an unbelievable win even as Wilson played lights out after the initial tipped pick 6. The most amazing thing I saw in that game was Cam Newton being a real good QB making good throws throughout. It was a day and night type difference from the last time I saw Carolina Cam. As seen before, a once very good but flailing player goes to NE and is humbled and rejuvenated at the same time. Also think we'll see Hawks D look better as they play less potent offenses.
I do think the Seahawks are the best team in the West. They might be my number 3 team in the NFC.

Liked Posts:
2-0 teams:

Cardinals
Rams
Packers
Ravens
Steelers
Titans
Bills
Seahawks
Bears

TBD:
Raiders
Saints

regardless of what happens on MNF. I believe the Bears are the worst 2-0 team in league.

Prove me wrong....

I dont know. But I almost hope that people keep touting them as such because it almost seems as if they feed on the critique.

Heading into yesterday's game I thought the number one thing the Bears needed to do was key in on and shake down Barkley for his lunch money. After watching for a bit I thought to myself key in and shake Barkley down, you dont have to murder the poor bastard.

I was glad I didnt see any blatent attempts to hurt him or diving for his knees. I dont want to see anyone get injured, especially a key player, because I have the SHITS of it happening to key Bears players. But injuries do come with the territory.

So props to the defense going out there and immediately shutting down the Giants top gun against a Giants team that always plays the Bears tough.

The two other things I really wanted to see was more consistent offensive production which was sharper than week 1, thanks to Montgomery. But wasnt much to write home about because of the third thing I hoped to see and that was no INTS from Mitch against a Giants team with half of its secondary in a jail cell.

Unfortunately that didnt happen and cannot continue. Even if you just take those two INTS off the board, the game probably isnt even that close.

I do like Mitch, I want really want for him to get it. Hes good kid, he does care and doesnt come off as indifferent. Unfortunately that wont cut it. The bulk of the turnovers cannot continue.

I see some fans down because the Bears first two opponets are 0-2. Well no shit, right now the Bears are half of the reason those teams are 0-2. Concerns ARE warranted, but jeeze it IS tough to win at any competent level of organized play.

The Falcons are 0-2. Now Im not sure what stats indicate but I have a gut feeling that alot of teams that start of 0-3 probably wont finish well. Maybe Im wrong, bit I would have to guess the number is significant enough to avoid the given circumstances.

If this team can go to Atlanta and steal a win in an ideal trap game against an Atlanta team thats backed into a corner, & almost has to win to avoid an early hole. I have to guess Atlanta WILL play hard in noise box.

As a whole I do think the Bears improved upon last weeks overall play. Now if they can go south and take another noticable step forward I do think that this team will be on to something positive.

Just WIN.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I hope you can finally get to enjoy 3rd grade with your friends at school again.
I have to apologize. I was trying to be positive and wish and 69 others a quick return to school, but I really stepped in it without meaning to.

He gave me a thumbs down because I hurt his feelings. Apparently, he has no friends to enjoy a joyful reunion at school.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Ive always thought momentum is extremely underrated. I love soft schedules early in the year and the confidence that has the potential to create when teams pile up wins.

A football season is such a small sample size. And the gaps between the good team and bad teams is so minor compared to what we really think it is.

I watched the 49ers pull 3 wins out of their ass last year to start 3-0. I wasn’t a believer at all. In some ways I think I was right. They could have so easily been 0-3. You think that’s the same team week 10 if they had started 0-3 and not 3-0? By week 12 I was wrong. But I think a lot of that was confidence gained by pulling out close wins though. Wins that really could have gone either way. Now look at them again a year later. Some injuries hit. Lose some games and now what? You think that team is confident? The Niners are probably done this year.

Another good example is the rams. Super bowl runner up. Let down season after a slow start. Now they seem to be back to,playing good football again.

People act like the Bears were 4-12 last year. These large markets with big fan bases always have to deal with hyperbole mostly created by the media more than casual or more friendly fanbases. New York is the worst. Where the media is all about creating negative headlines because thats what sells. And that negative exaggerated narrative becomes the reality. It’s not quite as bad but definitely exists in Chicago. That’s how an 8-8 Bears team is made out to be an embarrassment to the NFL. Mitch Trubisky is the worst QB in the history of the league, etc.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Well, our team play has been the least inspiring of the 2-0 teams I watched play. The Titans first game was worse than any of our wins, though.

When it comes down to it, I don't know how we can keep winning if we keep playing down to the level of lesser competition. We need to secure a win against a good team before I can feel confident in this.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of the reasons we may not be is how uninjured the Bears are ATM. Won't last for long with Nagy calling all those QB runs.

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
2-0 teams:

Cardinals
Rams
Packers
Ravens
Steelers
Titans
Bills
Seahawks
Bears

TBD:
Raiders
Saints

Prove me wrong....
I don't know if they're the worst 2-0 in the league but sure as hell for my nerves they are...

mecha

Liked Posts:
I watched Patriots/Seahawks highlights. it's unbelievable how different Newton plays with the Patriots. McDaniels may be a wanker, he still commands a strong offense. I also dogged Wilson a long time ago often, he's been a savage for several years now.

as for the Bears, they narrowly beat 2 horrible teams. what do you think?

Liked Posts:
I have to apologize. I was trying to be positive and wish and 69 others a quick return to school, but I really stepped in it without meaning to.

He gave me a thumbs down because I hurt his feelings. Apparently, he has no friends to enjoy a joyful reunion at school.
Daaaamn

I really got under your skin with that dislike didn’t I, ?

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Obviously the Bears have not been impressive with their wins, but stranger things have happened. I'd rather pile up ugly wins, gain some confidence and not peak too early. We've seen teams in the past start hot, and then fizz out towards the end of the season. And other teams like the Giants, Ravens, Broncos, Eagles and even the 49ers last year go on unpredictable runs with similar formulas to what we're doing now. Time will tell, but this team has the talent to do great things. It could go south, or it could be something special. Way too early to tell.