Are the Bears the worst team in the NFL?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For some reason, I can only bear watching soccer during the World Cup.

There are too many championships in soccer. It seems that most teams have at least one championship each year be it city, state, region, country, series, the Americas or the Libertadores and then the European championships and finally The Champions Cup.

I am used to the American sports where there is one ultimate goal and everyone else can go fuck themselves until the following year if they do not reach that goal.
Well there's no city or regional series. In European soccer each team plays in its own country's league. The best teams from these leagues play in the Champions League which determines the Champions of Europe. It's really not that complicated for anyone with an attention span longer than that of a goldfish.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
For some reason, I can only bear watching soccer during the World Cup.

There are too many championships in soccer. It seems that most teams have at least one championship each year be it city, state, region, country, series, the Americas or the Libertadores and then the European championships and finally The Champions Cup.

I am used to the American sports where there is one ultimate goal and everyone else can go fuck themselves until the following year if they do not reach that goal.

It gets strangely addictive with all of the tournaments

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well there's no city or regional series. In European soccer each team plays in its own country's league. The best teams from these leagues play in the Champions League which determines the Champions of Europe. It's really not that complicated for anyone with an attention span longer than that of a goldfish.

The Champions League is the shit. Outside of the Prem, I don't care much for the other leagues since they are usually a 1 team race(Bundesliga) or a 2 team league.

And relegation is pretty fucking cool too.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Champions League is the shit. Outside of the Prem, I don't care much for the other leagues since they are usually a 1 team race(Bundesliga) or a 2 team league.

And relegation is pretty fucking cool too.
Yeah the EPL has really separated itself and is now easily the top league. La Liga is still competitive but well behind the Premier League in terms of overall quality and number of top level teams. If you put together a European super league of the top 12 teams, 5 or 6 would be EPL teams.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah the EPL has really separated itself and is now easily the top league. La Liga is still competitive but well behind the Premier League in terms of overall quality and number of top level teams. If you put together a European super league of the top 12 teams, 5 or 6 would be EPL teams.

Manchester United would be nowhere near that level. How far they have fallen since Sir Alex left.
I didn't even realize the Rangers were in the Europa Final

BPo001

Liked Posts:
Are we really worse than Houston? I don’t think I can name 3 players on that team.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Manchester United would be nowhere near that level. How far they have fallen since Sir Alex left.
I didn't even realize the Rangers were in the Europa Final
Man Utd barely managed 6th in the PL. They'd have been 7th had West Ham not fallen off the last couple of games. So many giant clubs have regressed right now: Utd, Arsenal, Juventus, Barcelona. It's crazy.

Man City and Liverpool are so far clear of the rest of the PL right now and arguably everyone in world club football. The fact that Liverpool have won both domestic cups so have played in so many games and have to go again 6 days later while Madrid have had a break is the only reason I think the CL final will be close. Liverpool look tired af.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Are we really worse than Houston? I don’t think I can name 3 players on that team.
Lovie Smith and Brandin Cooks, but after that I can't think of anyone.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
I agree that the 3T is right now a liability. However; Edwards might fit that position well, that 3T who failed the physical might still be signed and Hicks might come back and he would, barring injury, be an interesting matchup nightmare for the offense. No Tommie Harris, but who in the NFL is a Tommie Harris.

I'm no NFL analyst, but it seems obvious to my eyes that Edwards is a better 3T than anyone else on that roster. He's just so volatile both on and off the field. It's interesting that Poles really had good reason to get rid of both Goldman and Edwards. But he kept Edwards.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@Angry Boomer literally created a scenario in his own brane where I asked the question in the OP in the Bar and got banned lol.

Wait you got banned from the bar? What did you do? Complain about your appletini? (Cutler has done this)

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wait you got banned from the bar? What did you do? Complain about your appletini? (Cutler has done this)
Lol no live never been banned from any part of CCS. Bearsbud totally made that up. Whether he was bullshitting or just made a confused mistake I have no idea. I'll let him answer that if he wants to.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lol no live never been banned from any part of CCS. Bearsbud totally made that up. Whether he was bullshitting or just made a confused mistake I have no idea. I'll let him answer that if he wants to.

I thought BearsBud died. I have no idea who's who. Would love to change my name but don't know how or even put in the effort

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
So wait a minute is bearsbud acturally @Angry Boomer as a alt account? Shouldn't he acturally be the one whomst should be banned?