Are the Bears the worst team in the NFL?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Do you watch football?
Quinn set the Bears all time sack record Last Year. He will be in the Hall of Fame. He is elite by any standard. You can project whatever you want due to his age but as of right now, he is the definition of elite.

What position in the front 7 is a huge liability?
Yes we have several average players but the augment is that they are a disaster or garbage.

LOL, Quinn is not elite. LMAO, HoF. Dude's a 3 time pro-bowler in 11 seasons and last year was the first time he made it in 7 years. Only had 2 seasons over 6.5 sacks in that stretch too. Do you really think Quinn is going to carry the font line? Roquan is the only elite player on the defense, and he's about to change schemes.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Colts were 1 of 2 defenses to give up more pass tds than the bears last year lol.
No depth when they also lost both starting safeties to injury, and the Rhodes who played so well for Eberflus in 2020 regressed badly in 2021 with little behind him. Put that together with a weak edge rush, and you have coverage problems.

Same thing could happen with the Bears secondary which is very thin once you get past the starters.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
You don't think? I think there's a good argument for it. No offense outside of the RBs, a lack of defensive players who fit the new system and general lack of talent. Where's the quality? They look horrible everywhere.

I get what you're saying, but the way I look at it is they won 6 games with a brutal schedule and a rookie QB that was thrown to the wolves week 3 against Cleveland because his HC refused to get him ready in the offseason.

To me, it's addition by subtraction. Nagy is gone and even casual fans could see that his offensive scheme was a joke. Fields will get a full offseason learning to be the guy, and by all accounts is mastering the playbook already. The Bears will have a significantly more favorable schedule.

The national media narrative seems to be that the Bears will be 3-14 and picking 1st in the draft, and while I don't think they're going to win the super bowl or anything, I expect them to win somewhere between 6-10 games.

I also think the defense will be much better than most people expect. I'm bullish on Trevis Gipson and Al-quadin Muhammad on the defensive line. Morrow will surprise people, and the secondary is gonna be top 10 in the NFL.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
If the Bears do end up with a top 5 pick, they could get Jaxon Smith Njigba, Kayshon Boutte, or even Will Anderson Jr if Eberflus wants his generational pass rush talent.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Gipson disappears ALOT.
In my opinion Gibson got better as a pass rusher once he became the starter. I would say he disappeared more in the run game than the rush. As a former 5th round pick, with only one true training camp under his belt we have to remember he is still developing. Only starting to scratch the surface here.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
You can't tell us you're going to stop watching games mid season when you're posting here in May. Get real.
Lol Can you not argue that this place is more entertaining than a losing season? I've only stopped watching mid season a few times I will also be going to the game in Minnesota but when they are out of it I can check out and do other stuff I don't have to watch at a certain point but I am clearly a junkie not matter what

Reactions: DC

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol Can you not argue that this place is more entertaining than a losing season? I've only stopped watching mid season a few times I will also be going to the game in Minnesota but when they are out of it I can check out and do other stuff I don't have to watch at a certain point but I am clearly a junkie not matter what
It's def entertaining fo sho. But, I'll never skip a game of the beloved. There's only 17 of them!

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Except Stafford carried the Rams to a Super Bowl in in the playoffs. You also told me last year how Great Fields and Jenkins were going to be, and how bad Sewel will suck.

How is that working out for you?

Why couldn't Stafford carry the Lions to a super bowl?

Also, no one wants Shea McClellin 2.0

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
The more fashionable it becomes to say the Bears are the worst team in the NFL the more I think they will finish the season strong and end up around .500. Fields will dazzle the league while fans of teams having to trot out garbage like Darnold or Goff will cry themselves to sleep at night.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know you are not active in the actual football discussions but most people think this will be a top 15 defense and several a top 10. If you didn't think so you should find that post and let the world know how shitty you think our defense will be. Weak post that is obviously politically motivated.
Politically motivated? I dont care if you shit in a box in life. Literally, experts expect them to be not very good. A defense isnt magically fixed in with almost verly little upgrades and losing your best pass rusher. Take off the homer glasses. Take in the real world. It smells like shit

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Politically motivated? I dont care if you shit in a box in life. Literally, experts expect them to be not very good. A defense isnt magically fixed in with almost verly little upgrades and losing your best pass rusher. Take off the homer glasses. Take in the real world. It smells like shit
Not to mention the loss of Hicks. Outside of Quinn, the defensive line is nothing but unknowns. Not to mention a scheme change. I don't see them as being the worst team with Jax, ATL, and Hou still out there, but I see very little reason for optimism right now. It's pretty clear that Poles is setting up a run at next offseason when they have a ton of cash.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Agree on 3T..........though that is more of an unknown for me at this time. The last time Jones played 3T was in college.

SLB.......On the one hand Adams has only proven to be a great special teamer, not a starting caliber NFL OLB. On the other do you need more when that player will only be on the field for less than 20% of the time.

Edge.....Strongly disagree. Quinn, Gibson Muhammad, give the Bears a strong edge rush. Something Eberflus never had in Indy.
I wonder if they're gonna try J.Attaochu at SLB. He's definitely not big enough to play DE in a 4-3 at 6'3 262 pds.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Holy shit how are some people here optimistic that this isn't a bottom 5 roster. They could easily end up with #1 overall pick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't see how the lions could be ranked ahead of the Bears
They're a better team right now with Poles coming in and pretty much tearing this thing down. The Lions have given Goff the weapons to be successful for sure but can Goff make himself successful now. He's not a bad QB, he's just not good.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I like that last line. By politically motivated I meant you were posting against me based on and only because who I was arguing with. Maybe I was wrong. IDK.

I don't really care what the national media experts say. Most of them are less informed about the Bears than most posters here. I think we are a .500 team this year if the coaching lives up to the hype. I think the defense will be top 15 with a chance to be top 10 if the rookies adapt quickly and between Edwards and Jones we have a decent 3 tech rush.

We can come back to this in early October after they have handful of games under their belt.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why couldn't Stafford carry the Lions to a super bowl?

Also, no one wants Shea McClellin 2.0
A Super Bowl? Lol why couldn’t he get out the wild card?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Except Stafford carried the Rams to a Super Bowl in in the playoffs. You also told me last year how Great Fields and Jenkins were going to be, and how bad Sewel will suck.

How is that working out for you?
Lol the Rams carried Stafford. Mcvay went to the Super Bowl with Goff, only thing Stafford should carry is the guilt of a woman getting hurt

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
What a stupid post from start to end. Why the fuck would I want the players to be worse? I have no idea whether the two draft picks will be better or not but they're unlikely to transform the secondary into a good unit as rookies.
You tell everyone that they are wishing things when they talk about the new players are going to do better than the old players, in other words wishes instead of facts.

Then you tell everyone that the new players are not going to make the defense any better.

You know what?

That has nothing to do with facts. You do not use facts to "prove" your point.

A simple question for you, who do you think has a better chance of doing well, a bunch of secondary players who were really bad in 2021 and, thus, were gotten rid of or several young, rookie and free agent pickups who did well on their previous teams?

Somehow, you are saying that the secondary is going to be worse with a noticeable improvement in talent.

It is you with the stupid post.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You don't think? I think there's a good argument for it. No offense outside of the RBs, a lack of defensive players who fit the new system and general lack of talent. Where's the quality? They look horrible everywhere.
I won’t disagree there’s an argument for it but I will bet they’re not bottom five