Are the people that write for yahoo this much of a joke???

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Chicago sports fans are probably the most fanatic in the country, possibly only behind Philadelphia and Green Bay (although they're easy since it's only one sport).

How anybody could think fan bases in Detroit and New Orleans could compare is beyond me. There are little sport-specific pockets (Canadian cities for hockey, Alabama for college football, etc.) that can compare or inch ahead, but in terms of pro football and sports in general---man, hard to beat Chicago...

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
imagine yahoos working for yahoo :speechless:

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
imagine yahoos working for yahoo :speechless:

Yahoo-Serious.jpg

twtw

Liked Posts:
Studies like this are complete horseshit. The Steelers, for all the love their fan base gets, can't even fill their own stadium most games. Lions games were half full at best before they started making the playoffs, and Tom Benson was ready to move the Saints to Los Angeles before Katrina struck.

There are only three metrics you need to assess NFL fandom. Secondary market ticket demand, the Bears had the highest demand going into the 2014 season, despite missing the playoffs in 5 of the last 6 years. Merch sales and TV ratings, of which the Bears always rank near the top of the league.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Studies like this are complete horseshit. The Steelers, for all the love their fan base gets, can't even fill their own stadium most games. Lions games were half full at best before they started making the playoffs, and Tom Benson was ready to move the Saints to Los Angeles before Katrina struck.

There are only three metrics you need to assess NFL fandom. Secondary market ticket demand, the Bears had the highest demand going into the 2014 season, despite missing the playoffs in 5 of the last 6 years. Merch sales and TV ratings, of which the Bears always rank near the top of the league.
Chicago belongs to the Blackhawks now. They have the will to win.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
The Saints and Lions fan bases are more passionate about their teams than Chicago fans.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/the-nfls-7-most-passionate-fan-bases.html/?a=viewall

hope the link works....if not copy and paste, or maybe some member of an un-passionate fan base would be kind enough to fix the link.

Per the article, it was polled. So the stats are what they are.

Knowing some GB, Saint & Steeler fans, I don't doubt they're the top three. Considering where a football team should be placed in one's life... those must be 3 sad towns... Detroit is #4.

And why does the article start with #4 when the title is "The NFL’s 7 Most Passionate Fan Bases"?

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
1. Green Bay
2. Chicago
3. Pittsburgh
4. All the bandwagon teams that are currently successful.
5. Jacksonville

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That site is full of great articles.

3 Potential Landing Spots for Colin Kaepernick

When Jayson Braddock of KBME in Houston reported that San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick was on the trading block, it was not entirely unexpected. Yes, the 27-year-old signal caller has flashed signs of brilliance during his four-year NFL career, but inconsistencies and signs of immaturity have many people around the league questioning his long-term viability as a franchise quarterback. The 49ers locked up Kaepernick to a long-term extension prior to the 2014 season, but they structured it in a way that would make it relatively easy to move on from their starting quarterback at any time. With that being said, 49ers’ general manager Trent Baalke has adamantly denied all reports that he is entertaining trade offers for the Nevada Wolfpack legend.

While Baalke may be denying interest in shipping the de facto face of the franchise out of town, recent roster activity, and a seemingly clear-cut desire to move on from all things related to Jim Harbaugh, make the idea of the 49ers trading Kaepernick a very realistic possibility. In the event that he is indeed on the trading block, here is a look at three potential landing spots for Colin Kaepernick:

2. Chicago Bears

The Bears have a tough decision to make on the future of their current quarterback, Jay Cutler. If they are able to acquire Kaepernick, the decision will be easy. There is a new coaching regime in Chicago, one that is clearly unsure about Cutler going forward. Bears offensive coordinator Adam Gase nearly took the 49ers head coaching job earlier this offseason, and is said to be a fan of Kaepernick’s. While there may not be much of an upgrade in terms of overall performance, swapping Kaepernick for Cutler would help the new Bears staff rebuild their toxic locker room environment.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-3-potential-landing-spots-for-colin-kaepernick.html/?a=viewall

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

When Jayson Braddock of KBME in Houston reported that San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick was on the trading block, it was not entirely unexpected. Yes, the 27-year-old signal caller has flashed signs of brilliance during his four-year NFL career, but inconsistencies and signs of immaturity have many people around the league questioning his long-term viability as a franchise quarterback. The 49ers locked up Kaepernick to a long-term extension prior to the 2014 season, but they structured it in a way that would make it relatively easy to move on from their starting quarterback at any time. With that being said, 49ers’ general manager Trent Baalke has adamantly denied all reports that he is entertaining trade offers for the Nevada Wolfpack legend.

While Baalke may be denying interest in shipping the de facto face of the franchise out of town, recent roster activity, and a seemingly clear-cut desire to move on from all things related to Jim Harbaugh, make the idea of the 49ers trading Kaepernick a very realistic possibility. In the event that he is indeed on the trading block, here is a look at three potential landing spots for Colin Kaepernick:

2. Chicago Bears

The Bears have a tough decision to make on the future of their current quarterback, Jay Cutler. If they are able to acquire Kaepernick, the decision will be easy. There is a new coaching regime in Chicago, one that is clearly unsure about Cutler going forward. Bears offensive coordinator Adam Gase nearly took the 49ers head coaching job earlier this offseason, and is said to be a fan of Kaepernick’s. While there may not be much of an upgrade in terms of overall performance, swapping Kaepernick for Cutler would help the new Bears staff rebuild their toxic locker room environment.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-3-potential-landing-spots-for-colin-kaepernick.html/?a=viewall

I'd take Kaepernick over Cutler (if priced similar). I like Kap's improvement potential more. (speaking of, I wish Jay would tuck & run rather than freak & throw.

Funny they say Cutler is toxic to the locker room. I hadn't heard that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears fill the stadium when they are perennially bad like the early 70s. This is how I read Yahoo sports.
aints_bag-221x300.jpg

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
BEARS tickets selling on the secondary market could be driven by SF being the smallest venue (fewest seats) in the NFL (OAK has a bigger stadium, but they tarp out some of the seats -- MIN plays at U of M's field, which is smaller, but it's not really their field).

GB has a rabid fan base....most teams who are good all the time do. How passionate would their fans be if they finished last for 10 years? GB has been in the playoffs 11 times since the 2000 season. The BEARS have been to the playoffs only 4 times over the same span. GB has been in the playoffs with Rodgers as QB every year he's been there except for his first season - 2008 (so they've been to the playoffs for 6 straight seasons).

The BEARS definitely have one of the most passionate fan bases in sports. I don't know how you measure such a thing. You'd have to somehow take into account how much a teams success or failure factors into it.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

2. Chicago Bears

This franchise has a hard-on for disappointing quarterbacks with "potential"

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This franchise has a hard-on for disappointing quarterbacks with "potential"

Bullshit! Kaepernick could be the next Kordell Stewart. Oh wait, no, you're right.

And I love the linked site for their inability to successfully count to seven.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Saints and Lions fan bases are more passionate about their teams than Chicago fans.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/the-nfls-7-most-passionate-fan-bases.html/?a=viewall

hope the link works....if not copy and paste, or maybe some member of an un-passionate fan base would be kind enough to fix the link.

Lions fans might be! I have lived in SE Michigan for the last year and I see a way greater percentage of people wearing Lions gear then I do Bears fans weraring Bears gear. They are just as passionate as us