Are there any Nagy believers still here?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I agree that he probably won’t be fired mid season but I disagree with not firing him. He is owed nothing by the team as far as tarnishing or smearing him. He was hired to do a job, and as an offensive minded coach with the worst offense in the NFL he is not doing it. This is a business and he deserves to be fired. The question is does Pace even want to or have the ability to move on from him. Maybe they were told win with what you have now or you’re both gone. Would explain why not trades for OL help or money spent on someone like Spain.
I think Nagy and Pace go out together the same way Emery and Trestman did.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Nagy and Pace go out together the same way Emery and Trestman did.
I don’t doubt it. I was saying if Pace was trying to save his job. Firing a GM now does nothing. Firing Nagy sends a clear message. Firing them both is the right thing to do though.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Give it to Pagano. I don’t think it’s gonna work, but is Pace just gonna ride the firing out with Nagy or try to save his job? At this point it’s try to save your job time. Nagy is trying it with Foles and “Be you”. That’s failing also.

Pace is too fucking stupid to make that move even though he should. He'll just defer to Nagy like the dumbass he is and let Nagy tank them both.

If it was my ass on the line I'd fire Nagy tomorrow, and let Pagano run the show. At least Chuck would have the common sense to stop the insanity on offense and run some boring vanilla shit that would actually complement his defense so he doesn't have to call games so passively.

But on the other hand maybe it's better Nagy is left to his own devices to ensure the team tanks down the stretch and gets a better draft pick for the next QB they're now forced to select.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
A change needs to be made before the next game. I don't see how you can just try the same shit next week. Something needs to change drastically, right? Or are we going to have to lose another game before playcalling is taken away from Nagy for the bye week?

Bust

Liked Posts:
Nagy is what, 9 games over .500. Do you think if they crawl to 8-8 they will fire a 28-21 Head Coach? I mean, I'm desperate for them to fire Pace/Nagy but there's a good chance they fire the OC again and give it another shot.

Crawl to 8-8? this team started off 5-1. A .500 record would mean a 3-7 finish with Nagy's hand chosen QB, O line coach, coordinator, running back, tight ends, etc.

He has his fingerprints all over the offense.

Nagy is all but gone with a 8-8 finish

gopher72

Liked Posts:
Believer? Nah. But I don’t think he’s as bad as this offense is either. He legitimately has nothing to work with.
And that's a solid point. I hear all kinds of bitchin about the absence of talent. The question is how is Nagy doing with the talent he has been given?

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Only answer is sell the team now. Avoid the inheritance tax. Not gonna happen but should. Sure, anything could happen. But I see 5-4 turning into 5-8 real fast. Teams turned on Nagy. Everyone should get off Remys azz.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Pass the bong please.

Spare me the excuses.

Maybe instead of trading up to draft RB he doesn't use, a WR he doesn't use, and a TE he doesn't use he should of addressed the glaring issues at OL instead of scapegoating Harry Hiestand and acting like Juan Castillo and his boy Foles would somehow magically fix everything.
Had no idea Matt Nagy made trades tbh

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Don't act like since 2018 this fucko hasn't had heavy input into the drafting process on the offensive side of the ball.
He probably had input. As in “yeah I want this player” or “I like that player” but if you’re gonna tell me that Nagy pushed for the Montgomery trade and therefore forfeiting picks I would like to see some evidence, considering that’s not his job and Pace more than likely had the final say. By the way what about the three fucking years before 2018?

msadows

Liked Posts:
He probably had input. As in “yeah I want this player” or “I like that player” but if you’re gonna tell me that Nagy pushed for the Montgomery trade and therefore forfeiting picks I would like to see some evidence, considering that’s not his job and Pace more than likely had the final say. By the way what about the three fucking years before 2018?

Usually the headcoach has heavy input into who is taken, and the development of their draft board. Pace doesn't sit in a room by himself and go "hmm, think ima waste some picks with a trade up!". He consults a whole team of scouts, and matt nagy as well.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Usually the headcoach has heavy input into who is taken, and the development of their draft board. Pace doesn't sit in a room by himself and go "hmm, think ima waste some picks with a trade up!". He consults a whole team of scouts, and matt nagy as well.
This has nothing to do with what I said though. Like I said I’m sure he has input. But not enough to impact how a player is acquired. If that was the case they wouldn’t need a GM.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Absolutely, Ryan Pace has final say. Just like when John Fox told him he liked Watson and he chose to draft Trubisky instead.

mur34

Liked Posts:
I would fire Nagy tomorrow and fire Pace at end of season. These clowns have had enough time to fix this offense. Nagy is in way over his head trying to call plays and be HC at same time. Pace is responsible for hiring Nagy and has too many failed 1st round draft picks.

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I was very surprised and delighted in 2018 when the Nagy led Bears went 12-4. Losing to the Eagles was a gut Punch, but that was the Kickers fault? Right?

After rewatching those game again during the off Season, (I do this every year, brings objectivity) I was unsure if this Gadget rich, run light offense was sustainable. I wanted a better run game to add an extra dimension to the Offense for 2019.

2019 and the complete lack of a run game or any semblance of one, got me off the Nagy bandwagon. I was hoping for an Infusion to the o-line and hoped Nall would add some Punch in short yardage situations. (Use him like a FB). But that never materialized. Bears scrabbled to an 8-8 Season. Off Season reveiw showed a very flawed offense that was blamed on Coaching.

2020 comes with an all new Offensive coaching staff (Except Ragone) and the promise of a renewed run game. Nagy made his famous quote "I know we need to run the football, I am not an idiot"! Through 9 weeks he has proven, "Why Yes, Nagy! You are an idiot after all!" This team is just aweful. They are wasting a very good defense while this "Offense is just offensive!"

I always thought Mitch was over drafted and over rated by Pace. Not Mitch's fault. What was his fault was not progressing and ridding himself of bad mechanics. There his coaches deserve some blame too.

Going after Foles in FA was another Pace blunder, most likely lead by Nagy. No real new additions to the o-line outside of Ifedi was just criminal of Pace. The results of those decision was very apparent yesterday.

I do not think it matters who plays QB in this Offense. Whoever is under/behind center is doomed. They only play on Nagy's play sheet seemed to be bubble screens and draw plays. When they do stretch the field for a nice game, they go away from it? Why?

The insistance on sticking with a Kick Returner as a RB is becoming a joke. Why did they sign Miller if they are not going to use him? What about Pierce? Nagy has no idea how to incorporate new pieces into his Arena League offense! He is a terrible coach that refused/does not know how to adapt his scheme to fit his personnel.

So yeah, after a long winded rant here, count me as another that has long stopped believing in this coach. Fire him now, let Pagano finish out the year and blow it all up this coming off season'!

mecha

Liked Posts:
there are drives though where they'll make some short gains with passes, it'll come down to like a 2nd and short... run with no gain... then a false start... now it's 3rd and long... then they run for a gain of 2 yards. that kind of thing. their best has capped at "almost".

I'll place emphasis on why Patterson? I was staggered he got a first down when he got called in to play. at least they have that Harris fellow returning kicks... ST was pretty F-ing abysmal about a month ago and before.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Crawl to 8-8? this team started off 5-1. A .500 record would mean a 3-7 finish with Nagy's hand chosen QB, O line coach, coordinator, running back, tight ends, etc.

He has his fingerprints all over the offense.

Nagy is all but gone with a 8-8 finish

Good.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Chicago Bears aren't firing Nagy if he finishes 8-8. they'll invent a new scapegoat before that happens. they'll spend a 1st round pick on a new RB. they've fucking done it before, multiple times within a decade, you'll see.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Nagy is what, 9 games over .500. Do you think if they crawl to 8-8 they will fire a 28-21 Head Coach? I mean, I'm desperate for them to fire Pace/Nagy but there's a good chance they fire the OC again and give it another shot.
giphy.gif