Are there any Nagy believers still here?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Genuinely curious how many supporters are left after this latest vintage Matt Nagy bed shitting.

His OL (which was bottom of the league even when the starters healthy) is down to 4th stringers and this clown continues to double down like a degenerate gambler.

Yup, let's continue trying to feature Patterson and sling it 52 times. Good stuff coach.

I thought for sure when Cohen got hurt Nagy would be forced to deviate from his obsession with gadget players but instead he just transferred his obsession to Patterson. At this point I'm tuning in purely for the schadenfreude of watching Nagy coach himself out of Chicago and back to selling houses.

If the guy was capable of putting his ego in check and ditching his gimmick system for some basic vanilla shit they could actually execute he'd have already done it.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Believer? Nah. But I don’t think he’s as bad as this offense is either. He legitimately has nothing to work with.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Genuinely curious how many supporters are left after this latest vintage Matt Nagy bed shitting.

His OL (which was bottom of the league even when the starters healthy) is down to 4th stringers and this clown continues to double down like a degenerate gambler.

Yup, let's continue trying to feature Patterson and sling it 52 times. Good stuff coach.

I thought for sure when Cohen got hurt Nagy would be forced to deviate from his obsession with gadget players but instead he just transferred his obsession to Patterson. At this point I'm tuning in purely for the schadenfreude of watching Nagy coach himself out of Chicago and back to selling houses.

If the guy was capable of putting his ego in check and ditching his gimmick system for some basic vanilla shit they could actually execute he'd have already done it.

Are there any Nagy believers still here?

I'm not, but I still think Pace is a bigger problem

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Nagy is so predictably awful. As soon as the offense either gets some momentum or is in the red zone, Nagy can’t help himself but call some dumb duck gadget play that usually loses yardage.

And our offense can’t overcome ANY negative plays lol.

Angryfan

Liked Posts:

I completely agree. However the ownership needs to take accountability for their complete lack of Leadership. First get rid of GM then the coach. They are embarrassing the city of Chicago and are showing how little the care as long as their pockets are full. After being a fan for 55 years I’m about done. They need to take control and get this idiot out of town and take real steps to build a team that the city can be proud of. Nagy is not only horrible it gets worse because he is also very delusional and I believe thinks he is a good coach. .

Bust

Liked Posts:
Oh I’m not, the thread was about Nagy though. If Pace was smart, he’d fire Nagy now and see if someone else can fix this mess before he gets himself fired too.

when that happens they get replaced my an in house interim coach. Bears coaches are all rejects. 3 of the guys Nagy replaced this offseason on that side of the ball, Lazor, Castillo, etc. were unemployed and looking for work.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
There wont be a midseason firing, nor should there be. Nagy doesn't deserve to be smeared or tarnished on the way out, and I dont think there's a coach in the league who could turn the Bears around right now so it doesn't pay any immediate dividends either.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
But I don’t think he’s as bad as this offense is either.

Pass the bong please.

He legitimately has nothing to work with.

Spare me the excuses.

Maybe instead of trading up to draft RB he doesn't use, a WR he doesn't use, and a TE he doesn't use he should of addressed the glaring issues at OL instead of scapegoating Harry Hiestand and acting like Juan Castillo and his boy Foles would somehow magically fix everything.

smilebit

Liked Posts:
I'm no longer a supporter, I gave him a pass last year because I'm stupid but this year even when they were winning the offense just kept getting worse and worse.

-Nagy's overuse of gadget guys like Patterson and Cohen are so predictable the defense knows what he's doing before he does
-he doesn't seem to call plays to set up other plays later in the game
-he puts in TE's to block that don't want to block
-he's got the worst run play designs the Bears have ever had
-he refuses to help Leno ever with chip blocks from TE's or RB's
-he doesn't seem to ever adjust his plays to what the defense is doing
-he refuses to use mismatches
-and where the fuck are the slants?! is that a condition from sweaty Teddy? because Bears offenses never run them
-he holds no players accountable as far as sitting them and putting in someone else (Leno, Miller, Harris)
-his offensive line is very undisciplined, missing blocks, confused on assignments and holy shit the penalties, the fucking penalties
-and could someone tell explain to me what the fuck having an identity means to an offense in this day and age, you can't always be a passing or running team, you constantly need to adjust week to week in this league.

I honestly don't think that even if Pace and Nagy were fired after this season that anything will change, as long as the McIdiots own this team and sweaty Teddy is still here nothing will ever change for this franchise.

I always feel sorry for the defenses that get shackled with any Bears offense, we've had a top 10 defense for the past 4 years and next year I doubt we will have that. Same old story, good to great defenses that are held back by an inept offense

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
when that happens they get replaced my an in house interim coach. Bears coaches are all rejects. 3 of the guys Nagy replaced this offseason on that side of the ball, Lazor, Castillo, etc. were unemployed and looking for work.
Give it to Pagano. I don’t think it’s gonna work, but is Pace just gonna ride the firing out with Nagy or try to save his job? At this point it’s try to save your job time. Nagy is trying it with Foles and “Be you”. That’s failing also.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There wont be a midseason firing, nor should there be. Nagy doesn't deserve to be smeared or tarnished on the way out, and I dont think there's a coach in the league who could turn the Bears around right now so it doesn't pay any immediate dividends either.
I agree that he probably won’t be fired mid season but I disagree with not firing him. He is owed nothing by the team as far as tarnishing or smearing him. He was hired to do a job, and as an offensive minded coach with the worst offense in the NFL he is not doing it. This is a business and he deserves to be fired. The question is does Pace even want to or have the ability to move on from him. Maybe they were told win with what you have now or you’re both gone. Would explain why not trades for OL help or money spent on someone like Spain.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Nagy is what, 9 games over .500. Do you think if they crawl to 8-8 they will fire a 28-21 Head Coach? I mean, I'm desperate for them to fire Pace/Nagy but there's a good chance they fire the OC again and give it another shot.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I agree that he probably won’t be fired mid season but I disagree with not firing him. He is owed nothing by the team as far as tarnishing or smearing him. He was hired to do a job, and as an offensive minded coach with the worst offense in the NFL he is not doing it. This is a business and he deserves to be fired. The question is does Pace even want to or have the ability to move on from him. Maybe they were told win with what you have now or you’re both gone. Would explain why not trades for OL help or money spent on someone like Spain.

There should be no way that Pace has a longer leash than Nagy. You just can't fire Nagy and keep Pace.