Are We Underrating the Importance of WR

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. The dumbest thing they could do is prioritize WR over OL & CB.

We do not need to get players tailored for Justin Fields. Justin Fields is NOT the Chicago Bears. We need to augment players like Monty next year (which by extension helps Fields). Justin Fields hasn't proven he can carry a team like Mahomes, Herbert, Watson did right off the bat.

If you want a big improvement from JF, how about we stop coughing the ball up instead of looking for his Megatron?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Off the top of my head I do believe that Chicago only has Mooney and Newsome under contract at WR in 2022.

Expecting Fields to be successful in that situation is complete insanity in my opinion.
Wat?

Those guys are "gems."

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
The Bears will try to follow the Ravens or Eagles model but in reality I want them to follow the Bengals or Bills. Assemble a superstar cast of superstars/playmakers that can win you games.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
No. The dumbest thing they could do is prioritize WR over OL & CB.

We do not need to get players tailored for Justin Fields. Justin Fields is NOT the Chicago Bears. We need to augment players like Monty next year (which by extension helps Fields). Justin Fields hasn't proven he can carry a team like Mahomes, Herbert, Watson did right off the bat.

If you want a big improvement from JF, how about we stop coughing the ball up instead of looking for his Megatron?
To your last point doesn’t 1 tie into the other? He’s holding onto the ball too long more-so because his receivers are ASS, and can’t get open or create separation.

idk what people were watching this year but A Rob has been dog trash. He doesn’t deserve any fatter of a contract than DJ Chark.

also, Allen and Jackson weren’t that good right off the bat, coaching and surrounding talent matters

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you want to go BPA then sure.

Personally I'm loading every free agent dollar and draft pick possible on offense. Nothing is more important than developing Fields.
I don't know about that lol.. the secondary needs to be fixed. Maybe the bring back Gipson on a 1 year deal or something, but he was pretty terrible minus the last few games so safety is a huge need. Vildor and Shelley suck. They're special teams. Graham Jr is an unknown.

I don't know what type of deal JC Jackson is looking to get after the year he had, if he hits free agency but he would be my top corner.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't know about that lol.. the secondary needs to be fixed. Maybe the bring back Gipson on a 1 year deal or something, but he was pretty terrible minus the last few games so safety is a huge need. Vildor and Shelley suck. They're special teams. Graham Jr is an unknown.

I don't know what type of deal JC Jackson is looking to get after the year he had, if he hits free agency but he would be my top corner.

Not saying don’t try and fix it but again, Fields gets as much help as possible. The secondary gets scraps this year

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
If the Bears became the Vikings on offense, would anybody complain about it. Elite position players across the board with just an OK offensive line.

12/16 games decided by 1 possession or less, despite the #31st ranked defense. At least their GM gave them an offense.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not saying don’t try and fix it but again, Fields gets as much help as possible. The secondary gets scraps this year
Yeah he does for sure but you have enough cap space to get a shutdown corner and a good center or guard. The FA WR market does not excite me minus Adams.

If Jeremy Ruckert is there at pick 147 are you drafting him ?

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
If I’m the Bears, I push all my chips in the middle for Carlton Davis as a FA this off season.

He’s got Revis potential and only age 25

then draft Jordan Battle in the 2nd round, and all of a sudden you have a violent and talented secondary

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
To your last point doesn’t 1 tie into the other? He’s holding onto the ball too long more-so because his receivers are ASS, and can’t get open or create separation.

idk what people were watching this year but A Rob has been dog trash. He doesn’t deserve any fatter of a contract than DJ Chark.

also, Allen and Jackson weren’t that good right off the bat, coaching and surrounding talent matters
Prioritizing WR over OL is fool's gold.

And Mooney cannot get separation? Are Goodwin & Byrd slow? We brought these speedy guys in and it amounted to jack-squat.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The Bears will try to follow the Ravens or Eagles model but in reality I want them to follow the Bengals or Bills. Assemble a superstar cast of superstars/playmakers that can win you games.
The Bills are meh at skill positions outside Diggs.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I’m the Bears, I push all my chips in the middle for Carlton Davis as a FA this off season.

He’s got Revis potential and only age 25

then draft Jordan Battle in the 2nd round, and all of a sudden you have a violent and talented secondary
If they go with a CB in free agency S would bump up on my list of BPA

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
If they go with a CB in free agency S would bump up on my list of BPA

I think Jaylon Johnson is good enough to shift the entire strategy on the defensive side. He’s got elite coverage skills on the outside.

Look at the best defenses right now and almost of them have an elite back 7 instead of elite front 7s

bills, pats, Dolphins come to mind

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Jaylon Johnson is good enough to shift the entire strategy on the defensive side. He’s got elite coverage skills on the outside.
1 take away in 2 years, my biggest complaint and he can be soft.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
1 take away in 2 years, my biggest complaint and he can be soft.

True, but Desai was really getting the best from him. If they hire Flores he built an elite secondary in Miami. Holland is a rookie and already one of the best safeties in the league..bears need that

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
True, but Desai was really getting the best from him. If they hire Flores he built an elite secondary in Miami. Holland is a rookie and already one of the best safeties in the league..bears need that
His passer rate is 100+ in both of his seasons. I like JJ I think he is a very solid corner, he nowhere close to elite. Not enough game changing plays. Good yeah, great no. Pair him with a shut down corner that would upgrade the safety position too.