Are you ready to admit you were wrong yet, Mitch-haters?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I probably count as a Mitch hater or a Mitch fanboy by the haters and fanboys.

It's a game. He had similar potential most of last year. I think Nagy is trying to mold him into something he's not, OR Nagy is training him and the cost of that is him looking like crap being something he's not.

Trubisky hasn't proven he's a great one, he also hasn't proven he's a bust. He's going to be here for his contract and people need to deal with that.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
1 td 2 picks against the worst D in the league, and you dopes think this signals mole eyes big turnaround?

And Bret Favre holds interception records:
Most pass interceptions, career: 336
Most interceptions, regular season, returned for touchdown by opposing team: 32
Most seasons, 15+ interceptions: 14
Most seasons, 10+ interceptions: 18
Most seasons, 5+ interceptions: 19

Because they've never let Trubisky risk interceptions he's going to have them when he's cut loose. 2 in a game that we won is not an issue.

Trubisky is probably never going to be better than Mahomes and Watson and that's sad but it's the hand we drew. Now we hope he's a late bloomer and this coddling and bringing him along slow was the right way. He was expected to take work and that certainly doesn't mean he'll be a great one his 3rd year.

Ruff Ruff

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is the Messiah
Be patient and you will be rewarded
Next Drew Brees in the making....

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
1 td 2 picks against the worst D in the league, and you dopes think this signals mole eyes big turnaround?

Don't think anyone is in on the "he is turning it around" bandwagon but I agree that he played well and would have had a 90+ rating if he had help out there.

HOWEVER, he is still locked in on first read and the Giants D looked as bad as advertised. Any average NFL D significantly stymies him more than NY did.

But I like the downfield stuff and hope he gets back to reading at least 2 different routes like he used to.

I also would love to see the O get aggressive, like 300 + passing yards 2 TD and 3-4 INTs aggressive. I didn't mind the INTs yesterday even if the Giants came back and we lost.

Show some LIFE show some SPARK and I think Mitch showed life. Now he still sucks and is likely never going to be good at reading Ds and will need too many things to go well or need a bad D or some combo in order to get to 90 rating, but please just don't BORE me, thanks.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Don't think anyone is in on the "he is turning it around" bandwagon but I agree that he played well and would have had a 90+ rating if he had help out there.

HOWEVER, he is still locked in on first read and the Giants D looked as bad as advertised. Any average NFL D significantly stymies him more than NY did.

But I like the downfield stuff and hope he gets back to reading at least 2 different routes like he used to.

I also would love to see the O get aggressive, like 300 + passing yards 2 TD and 3-4 INTs aggressive. I didn't mind the INTs yesterday even if the Giants came back and we lost.

Show some LIFE show some SPARK and I think Mitch showed life. Now he still sucks and is likely never going to be good at reading Ds and will need too many things to go well or need a bad D or some combo in order to get to 90 rating, but please just don't BORE me, thanks.

I don't normally notice locking on but have this year while he's pretending to be a pocket passer. I do think it's time to cut him loose and see where the chips fall. He's either good or we're playing for draft picks to replace him after next year.

He's had good ratings against good teams before. I don't see any reason he couldn't be that QB. Or maybe he's Grossman and can't do it consistently, that's my biggest fear with him at this point. But I blame what we've been seeing on Nagy.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have been saying this all season..Mitch isn't a Brady, but he would be much better with different coaching and play calling...The Bears look great when they go downfield with the ball,especially in the middle of the field..Nagy calls one or two drives like that per game, and then reverts to his usual nonsensical play calls of E-W runs, Cohen up the middle, WR screens, and 3 yard passes. He scored 2 TD's yesterday, and then fell asleep again..He basically falls back into his pattern of Nagy Nonsense..He is just too stubborn to admit that his style of offense doesn't suit the players he has..He is determined to force it on them, and it just isn't working

He squandered almost the entire first half yesterday..He then woke up right before half time, and carried that over into the 3rd quarter..Then, after 2 TD's, he went right back to what he did in the first half. ..He basically called one quarter of good football and 3 quarters of Nagy Nonsense..

BTW..Why does Cohen consistently fair catch punts inside the 10 and even inside the 5 sometimes?..All he accomplishes is burying the offense

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like many others on here, I’ve been critical of Mitch, but dropped passes& lack of separation by receivers, not Mitch’s fault. Non existent running game, not Mitch’s fault. Offensive line that’s a turnstile plus holding on key plays, not Mitch’s fault. Is Mitch a top notch QB? No, but the whole offense is mediocre. Besides, who could Bears get now that’s any better?

I have to admit the players around Mitch other than Robinson have not played well but, Mitch still plays like a backup.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Oh, the old wrong routes and dropped passes excuse has returned, the man sucks, get a life or at least a new batch of excuses !!!
When guys stop dropping walk in TD's and cease to almost collide with fellow receivers at the completion point, I will not cite them as being part of the problem. Why would I ignore those facts until they aren't? Oh, that's right we need a single villian to burn at the stake as cause for the Bears offensive disaster.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch played one good quarter. The rest of the game was more of the same from him. Poor accuracy, questionable decisions, inability to move the offense etc.

Citing a drop here or there but then ignoring Mitch forcing balls into triple coverage and the most part coming out unscathed is silly. Mitch was poor yesterday, bouyed by one good stretch. Look around the league at QB play from good ones. Raise your expectations. This was maybe the worst pass defense in the NFL and Mitch looked completely ordinary against it. This is actually a backslide for him. Against defenses this bad this season Mitch had his best games of the year(Was, Det). Against the Giants this was his 4th worst.

The Bears have a lot of issues. The organization is a mess right now. Mitch is(a big) part of that.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I know his passing stats do not reflect that Trubisky had a rushing TD, but it was nice to see him threaten the other team with his feet. Both interceptions were terrible, and good teams will make you pay for those.

It was not great win, but the defense played well other than the coverage in the End zone on the second TD, and Patterson had a very good game on ST, pass protection looked decent, Trubisky ran with the ball, he threw the ball pretty well other than both INTs, and we got a win...

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nagy is well on his way to coach of the year again.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
People need to stop. We aren't getting rid of Nagy to attempt to redeem Mitch. Either they both stay, or Mitch goes and Nagy gets to choose his QB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have been saying this all season..Mitch isn't a Brady, but he would be much better with different coaching and play calling...The Bears look great when they go downfield with the ball,especially in the middle of the field..Nagy calls one or two drives like that per game, and then reverts to his usual nonsensical play calls of E-W runs, Cohen up the middle, WR screens, and 3 yard passes. He scored 2 TD's yesterday, and then fell asleep again..He basically falls back into his pattern of Nagy Nonsense..He is just too stubborn to admit that his style of offense doesn't suit the players he has..He is determined to force it on them, and it just isn't working

He squandered almost the entire first half yesterday..He then woke up right before half time, and carried that over into the 3rd quarter..Then, after 2 TD's, he went right back to what he did in the first half. ..He basically called one quarter of good football and 3 quarters of Nagy Nonsense..

BTW..Why does Cohen consistently fair catch punts inside the 10 and even inside the 5 sometimes?..All he accomplishes is burying the offense

Mitch is one of the worst deep passers in the league.

The only reason they had some success yesterday was that this is one of the worst defenses in the league.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

The only reason they had some success yesterday was that this is one of the worst defenses in the league.
Even his TD to A-Rob was a poor throw.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Would prefer trying Kizer at this point.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
People need to stop. We aren't getting rid of Nagy to attempt to redeem Mitch. Either they both stay, or Mitch goes and Nagy gets to choose his QB.

The scary part to that is we got naggy his guys at rb and we see how well that is going

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:

He has had success in other games as well, one just recently..The int-deep game was working, and Nagy came off it the minute he got the lead..I think it was the Redskins game ( just a guess)..The minute Nagy calls the int-deep passes across the middle, the Bears score..Then he comes off it and goes back to Nagy Nonsense, and the other team gets back in the game