@Ares Predicts

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think Bears, like most bad teams, are very vulnerable to injury as there is little to no depth depth at so many important positions. I see a team that *with perfect health* could take advantage of an easy schedule and win 7-9 games, but perfect health seasons are few and far between. So i'm going to predict injuries cause the team to drop to 5-6 wins, unless Fields gets injured early then the floor drops out and team is a front runner for first overall pick in '23. 2+ injuries to OL starters probably drops the team into the 3-4 win category too.
I've heard that the bears have really good depth at OL, that basically several of their OL depth guys could be better depth guys than the depth guys on many other NFL rosters.

CC: @Anytime23

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
still waiting for certain someone's to come in here crying that everyone is too negative

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
-Both offensive and defensive schemes are new with significant personnel changes and will take longer than preseason to assimilate
-Even the talented units (dbs) are super young and will be inconsistent from week to week
-The OL is made of duct tape and spare parts rummaged from the clearance bin at Ace Hardware
-The Jenkins thing is a tiresome distraction that may take a while to resolve
-League consensus is the Bears have the worst WR corps in the NFL
-The TEs including Kmet have never produced much up til now
-The DL is built around one good player plus hopes and prayers
-There is one good LB (who is in a low level contract dispute) and some guys
-Fields mostly looked like a lost sheep last year
-"Easy schedule" doesn't always mean what we think it does

+Fields has a good work ethic on top of lots of raw talent
+The new coaching staff goes about it's work in a professional way, is not cringe AF, and, by acclamation has the trust and support of the players (except Jenkins)
+Renewed focus on takeaways keeps the team alive (if just barely) in games where the offense stalls and makes games worth watching all the way through
+Infusion of talent in the defensive secondary will flip this from one of the worst to one of the best units in the NFL (but will take time)
+Bears have one of the strongest RB units in the league when you realize there is no drop-off between the 1 & 2 guys
+OL has enough talent to eventually become cohesive and somewhere around league average sometime in the second half of the year. Jones' floor is Charles Leno and his ceiling is Big Cat Williams. Once the starting rotation is set there are bench players who won't cause a significant drop-off (though that isn't saying a lot)
+Some of the new position players on offense are playmakers if used correctly
+Bears get to play the Lions twice
+There will be one or two more vet pickups that add a little bit of stability if not star power

Conclusion:
If I were betting, which I'm not: 6-11
If I were a fan, whch I am: 8-9
First half record something like 2-5. Second half something like 6-4.
This team is going to look like the Bengals one week and the Jaguars the next and it will be hard to predict from week to week which team is going to show up

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
-Both offensive and defensive schemes are new with significant personnel changes and will take longer than preseason to assimilate
-Even the talented units (dbs) are super young and will be inconsistent from week to week
-The OL is made of duct tape and spare parts rummaged from the clearance bin at Ace Hardware
-The Jenkins thing is a tiresome distraction that may take a while to resolve
-League consensus is the Bears have the worst WR corps in the NFL
-The TEs including Kmet have never produced much up til now
-The DL is built around one good player plus hopes and prayers
-There is one good LB (who is in a low level contract dispute) and some guys
-Fields mostly looked like a lost sheep last year
-"Easy schedule" doesn't always mean what we think it does

+Fields has a good work ethic on top of lots of raw talent
+The new coaching staff goes about it's work in a professional way, is not cringe AF, and, by acclamation has the trust and support of the players (except Jenkins)
+Renewed focus on takeaways keeps the team alive (if just barely) in games where the offense stalls and makes games worth watching all the way through
+Infusion of talent in the defensive secondary will flip this from one of the worst to one of the best units in the NFL (but will take time)
+Bears have one of the strongest RB units in the league when you realize there is no drop-off between the 1 & 2 guys
+OL has enough talent to eventually become cohesive and somewhere around league average sometime in the second half of the year. Jones' floor is Charles Leno and his ceiling is Big Cat Williams. Once the starting rotation is set there are bench players who won't cause a significant drop-off (though that isn't saying a lot)
+Some of the new position players on offense are playmakers if used correctly
+Bears get to play the Lions twice
+There will be one or two more vet pickups that add a little bit of stability if not star power

Conclusion:
If I were betting, which I'm not: 6-11
If I were a fan, whch I am: 8-9
First half record something like 2-5. Second half something like 6-4.
This team is going to look like the Bengals one week and the Jaguars the next and it will be hard to predict from week to week which team is going to show up
Exactly the post you're looking for @vabearsfan15.

Sensational post Gonzo.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I've heard that the bears have really good depth at OL, that basically several of their OL depth guys could be better depth guys than the depth guys on many other NFL rosters.

CC: @Anytime23
Their starters shouldn't be starters and their backups are worse than that but let me say that they have great depth! If you have a body temp of 98.6 you're great depth.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd take the under, though that's no fun to root for that. It's going to be a painful year. I think lots of growth, but still lots of losing. Fields is already way better than last year, and once the OL gets set, I think you'll be surprised. Now if we can get Quan settled, this might be a decent season. Not going anywhere, but the year we SHOULD have had LAST year with a rookie QB. 5-12.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
3-14

Top 3 pick!

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
7-10.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
8 - 8 Bank it..

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I've intentionally not followed the Bears entire offseason for various reasons.

With absolutely zero data on the current team/coach/players/injuries.

I set the Bears 2022-2023 Wins over/under at 6.5

I predict they go 6-11. (Omg he's taking the under? Yes that's how betting works)

They will lose twice to the Packers, both times they will make you think for a moment that they have a chance.

Someone will reply to this post with the Dumb and Dumber meme, because its the only fucking thing they think about when they hear the word "chance".

11-6...

bet both.. you got that no responsibility inheritance money to blow..

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
This OL is trash. 4-13

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Before TC I would have definitely taken the under. I'm slightly encouraged, so I'll take the over, but just barely at 7 wins.
Until we trade Carimi 2.0 and Reiff the old guy gets hurt or retires in week 8 of a bad season.

Then I got 3 wins, Fields hurt but not bad, more protected from the circus, the offense being a joke bad enough to get people fired, and the defense quitting by seconds half and thanksgiving.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Don't get old. ;)

8-9 Sorry guys, except for the TROLL from cheese farts state.