Arlington Heights stadium deal "at risk" as Naperville swoops in

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I grew up in Naperville. I have no idea where they'd find the room for a stadium and all the shit they want to put around it. Seems like a negotiating tactic.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I believe everything I said about baseball stadiums was absolutely accurate. No matter how you cut it baseball fields are much larger than football fields, it's a math thing....The Bears moved into Soldier Field in 1970, FYI. As long as we are bringing relatives into this, my father in law was very proud of being a member of the 1948 University of Illinois national champion rifle team who were part of the Fourth of July festivities at Soldier Field. The capacity was over 110,00 back then.
You're right, I'll take the L. As someone who has sat in both endzones and the United Club but also as an 11-year-old by the NE tunnel (I think)in 1985 during the NFCCG, as well as I am a Cook County taxpayer, I can say definitively that Daley fucked Soldier Field renovation up just like the Olympics and we need a new stadium

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I grew up in Naperville. I have no idea where they'd find the room for a stadium and all the shit they want to put around it. Seems like a negotiating tactic.
Could probably tear down a HS or something.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
With who? Arlington Heights or the city?

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope the Bears bend over Crook county and go somewhere else but obviously they already bought the land and are cucked into staying there.

The Bears could probably get some relief from these sheetbags if they feigned purchasing land in East St. Louis, leaving and grabbing that market....

Can't wait for the responses....

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Baseball stadiums are bigger than NFL stadiums and most of the seats are typically behind the plate, so MLB stadiums typically have lower grandstands than NFL stadiums. Pittsburgh did a great job the highlighting the Three Sisters Bridge over the Alleghany river in their stadium. But, when the NFL broadcasts games from Soldier Field, they always get a a couple of great views looking north to downtown from the cheap seats in the south end zone and looking east over the lake...
Baseball stadiums are typically not bigger than nfl stadiums. To make up for less games nfl stadiums are typically much larger than mlb or NBA stadiums.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I hope the Bears bend over Crook county and go somewhere else but obviously they already bought the land and are cucked into staying there.

The Bears could probably get some relief from these sheetbags if they feigned purchasing land in East St. Louis, leaving and grabbing that market....

Can't wait for the responses....
Meh

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Could it be that they kick everyone out of Naperville, tear it all down, build the stadium and all the shit they want to put around it and allow the former Naperville residents to rent or buy apartments in Bearsville?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Could it be that they kick everyone out of Naperville, tear it all down, build the stadium and all the shit they want to put around it and allow the former Naperville residents to rent or buy apartments in Bearsville?
I joked that they would just buy everyone in White Eagle out with my high school friends and use that space.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
178 acre BP campus property just off 88 is up for sale. Naperville offered, not the other way around but obviously, it's also a negotiating position.

Those uncertainties led Wehrli to send a letter May 24 to Bears President and CEO Kevin Warren in which the mayor acknowledged the team’s commitment to developing and operating its own stadium, which “is essential for on-field success and pursuing championships.”
“I would like to formally introduce our community to your organization as you consider or reassess your planned relocation,” wrote the new Naperville mayor, who was elected this spring and took office a month ago.
Wehrli told Warren several available or to-be-available sites may fit the characteristics the organization is looking for in a future home.

Last edited:

Nelly

Liked Posts:
178 acre BP campus property just off 88 is up for sale.
Oh yea? That'd theoretically work. That's not far from my company's office on Washington and Diehl.

Traffic is already horrible there by 59 and 88, where just south is the Aurora/Naperville mall and commercial area. Traffic there on gamedays would be seriously awful!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh yea? That'd theoretically work. That's not far from my old office on Washinton and Diehl.
1/2 the size but plenty big enough. Supposedly there's other sites coming up as well but no idea how soon or large. That I88 corridor has a lot of good size properties.