Arlington ish going to happen, probably an ownership stake too

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Yeah, but as mentioned, many people prefer to drive.

But if I look to see how long it would take to take a train, etc. it's an hour and 32 minutes to get from the blue line stop in Rosemont to Soldier Field... which is even worse haha.

Directly from O'Hare, it would take an hour and 13 minutes.
They close Michigan Ave and Columbus Dr for Bears games. The walk from Dearborn or Jackson Blue Line is a breeze on game days.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The Networks will definitely stop using shots of the Lake, the Art Institute and other Chicago landmarks if the Bears move to Arlington Heights. They probably won't even show some waitress cutting into a deep dish pizza anymore.

Bust

Liked Posts:
If somehow these guys add a stadium without tearing the racetrack down? Are you kidding me! No one is going to care about the "Lake Front" nostalgia. A stadium/racetrack side by side would become the 8th wonder of the world!!!

The Arlington Hts. mayor said the NFL requirements are 160 acres to build a stadium and that includes the parking. AH has over 320 acres to play with! /drool

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I actually don't care if they go, or not. I just happen to enjoy this phony concern from you and others.
It is funny the outrage from people. If you're a season ticket holder or go to multiple games/year and the current location is more convenient, I can tolerate the bitching from them. But from people who go to a game once a decade, they just sound like whiny cunts

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol okay. The idea that this is race related is pretty special. You'd think the way you talk they are moving cross country, not to a metropolitan suburb of Chicago. The po-dunk label is also stupid. I'm seeing a trend there with you and stupid takes. Also let's completely ignore that San Francisco and new York, which are bigger cities, also don't have their teams within the city.
Average household income of po-dunkville is over $96k.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It is funny the outrage from people. If you're a season ticket holder or go to multiple games/year and the current location is more convenient, I can tolerate the bitching from them. But from people who go to a game once a decade, they just sound like whiny cunts
It's fake outrage.

I'm sure eventually Montucky will turn this around as an example of fake liberal outrage about....something. We should be thanking him for the lesson.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
And actually from where I currently live it is infinitely easier for me to go to a Bears game. Seeing as how I only go to a game every 5 years, I'm fine being inconvenienced. I just hope I don't lose the connection to the team I've cheered on for nearly 4 decades.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
O'Hare to Arlington Park: 16.2 miles
O'Hare to Soldier Field: 20.0 miles

And let's not even get into Midway, which is twice as far from downtown as it is from Lake County.
Lol yeah distance and the city is meaningless, it's about the huge amount of time.

My house to solder field is 22miles and according to Google maps it's about 1:08 to get there.

My house to Arlington is 19miles and it's about 29min to get there.

Going into the city sucks..

Luke

Liked Posts:

none of these on CCS

Bust

Liked Posts:
2 live events at the same time?? Whatever fans can't get in, stead walk next door to catch horse racing while watching the Bears game on jumbotron? omfg sign me up! Win win for both sides!

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So is this right @Montucky is outraged at the fact that a big business is trying to got out from under the thumb of a corrupt government to increase their profits?

Monty you libtard you!!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
So is this right @Montucky is outraged at the fact that a big business is trying to got out from under the thumb of a corrupt government to increase their profits?

Monty you libtard you!!
Wait, you think the Arlington Heights government isn't basically for sale?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I'm a Chicagoan by birth and by upbringing. If the Bears move to the outer limits of not just the city but the metro area that's a huge blow to my connection with the franchise. I would probably switch allegiances to a second professional team should they actually play in the city, in the .00001% chance that were to happen.
seems youre not much of a Bears fan anyway if your switching teams if the stadium moves 20 miles lol

Also you seem kind of racist so you not going to the games seems like another check mark in the pro column for moving the stadium

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'm a Chicagoan by birth and by upbringing. If the Bears move to the outer limits of not just the city but the metro area that's a huge blow to my connection with the franchise. I would probably switch allegiances to a second professional team should they actually play in the city, in the .00001% chance that were to happen.
There are people like you who will be so upset with the Bears for moving a short distance away that they will root for a team which is further away. Some of these fans will turn out to be season ticket holders.

In the blink of an eye, all of these upset fans who give up their season tickets will be replaced by fans who have been waiting decades for tickets.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Come on... Anyone in Chicago knows you don't measure how far something is in miles, but rather in minutes (due to traffic, etc.)

Currently, I am literally a quarter of a mile from O'Hare. Based on what my GPS shows, I would get to the Arlington Heights location in 23 minutes, but it would take me 55 minutes to get to Soldier Field. I'd imagine it would be much worse on a weekend during a Bears game.
Shouldn't you say that you are two minutes from O'hare since anyone in Chicago knows you measure how far something is in minutes, not miles?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
If somehow these guys add a stadium without tearing the racetrack down? Are you kidding me! No one is going to care about the "Lake Front" nostalgia. A stadium/racetrack side by side would become the 8th wonder of the world!!!

The Arlington Hts. mayor said the NFL requirements are 160 acres to build a stadium and that includes the parking. AH has over 320 acres to play with! /drool
Hell with that. I want chariot races during halftime, just not on the field proper.

OIP.hZlVoDPm5loW3507ZmVoqAHaFS

• Haha
Reactions: chi

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
And actually from where I currently live it is infinitely easier for me to go to a Bears game. Seeing as how I only go to a game every 5 years, I'm fine being inconvenienced. I just hope I don't lose the connection to the team I've cheered on for nearly 4 decades.
It would be easier the closer the stadium is to O'Hare for me. The killer is actually getting to O'Hare.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
300+ acres is why.

The expansion capabilities are limitless with that much land at your disposal. The infrastructure is already in place too? <parking, roads, metra>, winner winner chicken dinner!!!!

There is 435 acres available at the end of lake shore drive

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shouldn't you say that you are two minutes from O'hare since anyone in Chicago knows you measure how far something is in minutes, not miles?
Hahahaha, I see what you did there.

But really, I wanted to show my proximity to the example he gave (O'Hare), to make the point that time (minutes) is more meaningful than distance (miles) when talking about how far O'Hare is from Soldier Field/Arlington Height.

But yeah, if someone asked me how close I was to O'Hare, I'd say "3-4 minutes."