Arlington ish going to happen, probably an ownership stake too

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course. The Bears are not going to move out to the sticks just so they can host two Super Bowls every century. The City will cave and something will get done with regards to Soldier Field. Nobody is moving to Arlington Heights except more boring people with nothing going on in their lives.

He really is #broken... i almost feel bad

"The sticks" lol

This poor guy is never going to recover

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
the people who say it doesn't matter where they play while still wanting them to keep the name are being hypocrites .
Hypocrites? Really?

More like realists.

The NFL has already made it clear that they have and will allow a team to keep a city's name and still play outside of that city. They have even gone as far as allowing teams to keep the city/state names and not even reside in that state.

If the Bears were to move to Arlington Heights, be assured that they would still be the Chicago Bears.

As for hypocrites ...

The definition of a hypocrite is a person who pretends to have certain beliefs, attitudes or feelings when they really do not.

So tell me how people who are ok with the team moving to Arlington Heights and not caring about them keeping the name Chicago Bears is hypocricy?

Now if you know that they were screaming, along with you, for teams like the New York Jets, New York Giants, and the SF 49ers to not be allowed to keep the names New York or San Francisco because they did not even play in those cities, you have a point and they are hypocrites.

However; like I stated, we are talking about reality.

And the reality is that YOU are the only hypocrite here because, while you piss and moan about the Bears possibly being able to keep the name Chicago Bears if they move to Arlington Heights, you never complained about the Giants, Jets or 49ers being able to keep their names.

You are the definition of a hypocrite.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
What's weird is you trying to minimize the Bears leaving one of the biggest tourist destinations in the US for Arlington Heights .There is no other team whose identity is tied to a city the way its tie to Chicago .

If it wasn't nobody would care if they were called the Arlington Bears

but as for The Patriots

They are the New England Patriots

New England is a region comprising six states in the Northeastern United States: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

There is no city called New England so they can move anywhere in that region and still be good because its already a regional name with close ties to Boston .
Yes, but people still think of the Patriots as a Boston team. Even if you disagree with that, the point is that they still show bump shots of whatever the namesake city is. We still get views of Miami even though the Dolphins don't play in Miami. Same with:

Dallas,
LA,
New York,
Vegas
San Fran
D.C.
Etc.

We get a billion shots of Niagara Falls and Maid of the Mist every single Bills home game. Niagara Falls is nearly 40 miles away.

It is so incredibly misguided to think the city of Chicago will be an afterthought any time the Bears host media and tourists for games.

Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Yes, but people still think of the Patriots as a Boston team. Even if you disagree with that, the point is that they still show bump shots of whatever the namesake city is. We still get views of Miami even though the Dolphins don't play in Miami. Same with:

Dallas,
LA,
New York,
Vegas
San Fran
D.C.
Etc.

We get a billion shots of Niagara Falls and Maid of the Mist every single Bills home game. Niagara Falls is nearly 40 miles away.

It is so incredibly misguided to think the city of Chicago will be an afterthought any time the Bears host media and tourists for games.
Maybe he's confusing Arlington heights with fairview heights by STL

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nah man. The law states that you can only stay in town for the Bears game, and you must immediately get a plane to go home afterwards. There's simply zero way anyone would make a whole weekend of it.
LOL. I do think the huge majority of the stands are filled with locals. The entire tourist aspect is overstated for Bears games and I suspect most coming to town for other events or an NFL game stay near the airport and travel from there anyway. Honestly, with the way traffic has been on the Kennedy, better off taking the train/L if going into the city and cab/uber around once there.

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Because my question didn’t have to do with distance, and had to do with the thread itself
the thread is about the move to Arlington and there is 2 basic negatives that people have brought up, tradition and the distance from the city to Arlington. You questioned if Bearman would still go.. now you didnt clarify on why he might not go, just a general question. I pointed out that one of the dislike that was brought up is not a dislike for Bearman.. and for some reason you got confused by that.

If you wanted to ask if bearman would stop going because of the "tradition" you should of asked that. There is really no reason to be confused by my answer here

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Of course. The Bears are not going to move out to the sticks just so they can host two Super Bowls every century. The City will cave and something will get done with regards to Soldier Field. Nobody is moving to Arlington Heights except more boring people with nothing going on in their lives.

Yeah plus there is way to many hillbillies out in the "sticks" of Arlington Heights

ffc948ec35592f012073052e85f049d0.jpg

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
If they decide to be the Decatur Staleys Id still love the team but the people who say it doesn't matter where they play while still wanting them to keep the name are being hypocrites .

But just to humor your asinine comment somehow you've equated 1 years in Decatur with 100 years in Chicago but hey its the same thing right ?
There is nothing hypocritical about them keeping the name the Chicago bears. I mean if you wanted to get technical they right now should be called the Lake Forest Bears right? I mean that is where they actually operate out of.

But just curious do you call the Dallas Cowboys the Arlington Cowboys? Or the NY Giants the NJ Giants?
Of all 32 teams there is only 16 that has a city name that actually play in that city..

And to your last point I see you ignored them moving back to Wrigley, I mean they played there for 50 years so how about that tradition? And the point anyway was change happens and it will be ok.. I'm sure there was Bears fans just like you bitching about tradition when they moved out of Wrigley as well.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Heights is the sticks now? @bamainatlanta what would be the sticks in Georgia?

Myrradah

Liked Posts:
I would not rather not commute to Arlington Heights and I know a bunch more STH’s that would not either. Getting to and from soldier field for a game is a breeze.
While I can appreciate your stake in this, to assume there will not be sold seats is silly. There is a huge list of people waiting in addition to the excitement of a potentially new stadium and all that comes with it. Losing current STH isnt really a concern as they will easily be replaced by new ones.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is nothing hypocritical about them keeping the name the Chicago bears. I mean if you wanted to get technical they right now should be called the Lake Forest Bears right? I mean that is where they actually operate out of.

But just curious do you call the Dallas Cowboys the Arlington Cowboys? Or the NY Giants the NJ Giants?
Of all 32 teams there is only 16 that has a city name that actually play in that city..

And to your last point I see you ignored them moving back to Wrigley, I mean they played there for 50 years so how about that tradition? And the point anyway was change happens and it will be ok.. I'm sure there was Bears fans just like you bitching about tradition when they moved out of Wrigley as well.
That's a great point. The only thing the Bears do in Chicago is play their home games. Everything else is in the suburbs.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hes such a moron. I can't continue on with the argument from idiots that Arlington heights is somehow the boonies
I always wondered how someone could accumulate a large minus reaction number. You really have to be a twit to have that many poor takes on things.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I always wondered how someone could accumulate a large minus reaction number. You really have to be a twit to have that many poor takes on things.
Ask him about the educational systems in African nations. He's an expert.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

Hes playing e-golf.