ARob for Orlando Brown Jr?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Brown is about to play in the last year of his rookie deal and insists he is a LT. Ravens just signed Stanley to a huge contract at LT. They know this will probably be his last year there.

ARob on the tag, and unsure if the Bears will extend him. If not, this is his last year here.

Swap players and Chi will probably have to throw in a pick because of the value of the LT position. Their long-term contracts would be similar, with Brown’s being a little higher.

The Bears need a legit LT, Ravens need a #1 WR. Draft Teven Jenkins in the 1st and WR in the 2nd (Terrance Marshall, please). The Bears OL would definitely go to a position group of strength. Get ‘er done Pace.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Yeah let’s create another hole on this team..
The hole on this team for years has been at LT. Brown and Jenkins as the bookends would be solid. You’re saying you’d rather have ARob over a legit LT?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Brown is about to play in the last year of his rookie deal and insists he is a LT. Ravens just signed Stanley to a huge contract at LT. They know this will probably be his last year there.

ARob on the tag, and unsure if the Bears will extend him. If not, this is his last year here.

Swap players and Chi will probably have to throw in a pick because of the value of the LT position. Their long-term contracts would be similar, with Brown’s being a little higher.

The Bears need a legit LT, Ravens need a #1 WR. Draft Teven Jenkins in the 1st and WR in the 2nd (Terrance Marshall, please). The Bears OL would definitely go to a position group of strength. Get ‘er done Pace.

not that i wouldnt want brown jr here but given that this is pace and nagy's last chance to really make the playoffs and show they deserve to be here longer, they will give dalton every weapon they can get their hands on.

rookie wr, less one day 3 draft pick and brown jr is not going to get you more wins in 2021 than robinson and leno jr...

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Yes, in a heartbeat. If Dalton is the starter on Week 1, gotta replace Leno or its tank time, might as well start the fire sale.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
not that i wouldnt want brown jr here but given that this is pace and nagy's last chance to really make the playoffs and show they deserve to be here longer, they will give dalton every weapon they can get their hands on.

rookie wr, less one day 3 draft pick and brown jr is not going to get you more wins in 2021 than robinson and leno jr...
I respect your point, I just disagree. Brown-Whitehair-Mustipher-Daniels-Jenkins plus Mooney, Cohen, Monty, Kmet, Graham and a 2nd round WR is a better constructed offensive roster than if we kept Leno and ARob IMO. I lost count on how many plays got completely blown up because Leno plays the 2nd most important offensive position.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The hole on this team for years has been at LT. Brown and Jenkins as the bookends would be solid. You’re saying you’d rather have ARob over a legit LT?
The hole on this team is quarterback. Leno sucks, no doubt. Trading for brown would make zero sense for the state of THIS team which is the titanic drifting towards a glacier..

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I respect your point, I just disagree. Brown-Whitehair-Mustipher-Daniels-Jenkins plus Mooney, Cohen, Monty, Kmet, Graham and a 2nd round WR is a better constructed offensive roster than if we kept Leno and ARob IMO. I lost count on how many plays got completely blown up because Leno plays the 2nd most important offensive position.
You’re assuming that a) Jenkins is available and pans out and b) some 2nd rd receiver pans out. Darnell Mooney is NOT a 1 (yet)

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
The hole on this team is quarterback. Leno sucks, no doubt. Trading for brown would make zero sense for the state of THIS team which is the titanic drifting towards a glacier..
I agree, they should be drafting a QB every year. My point is I would rather pay a good LT that money rather than ARob. A good line with an average QB goes a lot farther than an average QB, a turnstile LT, and ARob.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
You’re assuming that a) Jenkins is available and pans out and b) some 2nd rd receiver pans out. Darnell Mooney is NOT a 1 (yet)
Yes, all draft picks are projections, including the first overall. What I do know is Leno has not panned out and it is easier to find a productive WR than a legit LT.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, all draft picks are projections, including the first overall. What I do know is Leno has not panned out and it is easier to find a productive WR than a legit LT.
I’m an Arob homer, but you’re not going to replace his production in the second round /rookie. He’s qb proof. Leno on the other hand was a 7th round pick for a reason. You can easily upgrade that position in the first two-three rounds based off talent alone. Pace is a fucking idiot for not doing that sooner.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I've been pounding the table for this exact trade for about two months now. Fair to say if it were gonna happen, it would have happened already. Truth is Allen Robinson II is not quite worth Orlando Brown Jr., and the Bears already place zero importance on the left tackle position so I doubt they are interested in dealing Robinson II plus a draft pick or two. Its their own funeral, their prized Andy Dalton is going to get decapitated in the first couple weeks of the season.

It is no mystery what happens to NFL teams with bad offensive tackles. They lose. And it doesn't matter who the quarterback is, please refer to the Super Bowl footage of Pat Mahomes looking like Mitchell Trubisky.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I’m an Arob homer, but you’re not going to replace his production in the second round /rookie. He’s qb proof. Leno on the other hand was a 7th round pick for a reason. You can easily upgrade that position in the first two-three rounds based off talent alone. Pace is a fucking idiot for not doing that sooner.
ARob is great, no doubt. But if they are going to shell out 18per, I would rather it go to a LT.

I believe we would lose more games with Leno and ARob and the other WRs and TEs than with Brown and a 2nd round WR and those same other weapons. ARob hasn’t led to a deep run just like Hopkins and Watson couldn’t for the Texans when their OL went to shit.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

i think your getting ahead of yourself...
there are multiple assumptions your making based off of pretty much nothing...
1 - you assume jenkins is there for the bears and that they want him.
2 - jenkins will be what you expect of him, there is no guarantee jenkins succeeds to the level you expect him to
3 - you seem to assume a day 2/3 pick wont be able to replace leno, leno is below average to average at best...this draft is deep at tackle and it wouldnt suprise me if castillo can make that happen, he's done it before.
4 - mooney can ascend to be a WR1 - a solid rookie year is one thing but to assume the kid can now be the number 1 WR is a real stretch...

now as i said, if pace and nagy had another year or two left then i can see this trade happening but if your the GM, your gonna trade away your most consistent playmaker for two unknowns? one being whether mooney can be a WR1 and a draft pick WR....

Just to add further detail, pace's draft history when it comes to WR's... Kevin White, Daniel Braverman, Anthony Miller, Javon Wims, Riley Ridley, Darnell Mooney, thats 1 for 6...and sadly according to multiple reports mooney was Furrey's pick.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
i think your getting ahead of yourself...
there are multiple assumptions your making based off of pretty much nothing...
1 - you assume jenkins is there for the bears and that they want him.
2 - jenkins will be what you expect of him, there is no guarantee jenkins succeeds to the level you expect him to
3 - you seem to assume a day 2/3 pick wont be able to replace leno, leno is below average to average at best...this draft is deep at tackle and it wouldnt suprise me if castillo can make that happen, he's done it before.
4 - mooney can ascend to be a WR1 - a solid rookie year is one thing but to assume the kid can now be the number 1 WR is a real stretch...

now as i said, if pace and nagy had another year or two left then i can see this trade happening but if your the GM, your gonna trade away your most consistent playmaker for two unknowns? one being whether mooney can be a WR1 and a draft pick WR....

Just to add further detail, pace's draft history when it comes to WR's... Kevin White, Daniel Braverman, Anthony Miller, Javon Wims, Riley Ridley, Darnell Mooney, thats 1 for 6...and sadly according to multiple reports mooney was Furrey's pick.
True, I am assuming Jenkins will be a stud at RT. But I think I am correct in that it will be harder to find a LT in 2 or 3 than a better RT. I could be wrong. I am just of the opinion that Dalton will get massacred with Leno at LT, regardless if ARob is there.

IMO the offense will actually improve with Brown at LT and a WR in 1 or 2 and a RT in 1 or 2. I could obviously be wrong though.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
If the Ravens traded Brown they would do so for draft picks, not a player on a one year, franchise tag deal.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
If the Ravens traded Brown they would do so for draft picks, not a player on a one year, franchise tag deal.
Not sure I agree with that. They need their QB's passing game to improve. Robinson would be great for Jackson. He is exactly what an up and coming young QB wants. A true #1 that goes and gets the ball. I'd hate to lose Robinson but if we don't fix the QB issue Robinson is not going to sign an extension with us. Trading him to Baltimore for Brown would be a good trade. Give brown is 18 Mill a year for 4-5 years and cut Leno. The combo of those 2 improves our cap number in 21.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Not sure I agree with that. They need their QB's passing game to improve. Robinson would be great for Jackson. He is exactly what an up and coming young QB wants. A true #1 that goes and gets the ball. I'd hate to lose Robinson but if we don't fix the QB issue Robinson is not going to sign an extension with us. Trading him to Baltimore for Brown would be a good trade. Give brown is 18 Mill a year for 4-5 years and cut Leno. The combo of those 2 improves our cap number in 21.
I think the only way ARob was going to sign an extension with the Bears was if they were able to trade for Wilson or Watson. He would know the QB position is secured for the remainder of his career. Beside that, there is no incentive for him to sign an extension already being frustrated with the organization.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think the problem with this whole premise is that BROWN wants to play LT and the Ravens think he is better on the right. One of the reasons that Brown Wants to play LT, is because they get paid more......

I watch every game the Ravens play and Brown, while he would be better than Leno, is not better than Stanley at LT. Brown got an opportunity last year, and he did well, but I think the future would be better if we drafted a LT.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
That team is run first AND don't forget Lamar Jackson set passing efficiency records with passing to almost the same group of receivers (TEs and WRs).

They have been rumored to be interested in a few WRs this offseason, but as soon as the price got high they were out. That what makes me think the $18M/1 year deal for ARob is a deal breaker.

To me, the whole 'tag and trade' logic around ARob makes no sense for the following reasons:
  1. Salary cap went down, so teams just have less $
  2. The FA pool for the position was deep and there are still some decent players available who are looking for cheap, one year prove it deals (Golden Tate, Antonio Brown, Tim Patrick)
  3. The draft is also deep at the position.
All of this talk is because some Bears fans are hoping they can get something for nothing and think the Ravens are a lot more desperate than they really are.

Last edited: