AROB upset?

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Pretty simple, he thinks he deserves a top 5 WR deal(He does), and the bears think heavily otherwise.

I'm sure the bears want to sign him, but not for what he wants UNLESS he repeats or improves upon his performance last year.
I'd say top 10 deal. Doesn't have the speed to break one.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I'm really curious to know the numbers, if any have been offered at this time. I love A-Rob and want him to stay here, but it has to make sense. I think the right price is around 18 mil a year. Anything under that, and there is no excuse why you would let him walk.

But I understand the Bears side, if A-Rob is wanting 20 mil+ that's a tough position to be in. I'd understand if we make him prove he deserves top 5 money and has another year like last season. After all, as of now many pundits leave him off or on the fringe of their top 10 current wr list, and I'm not sure another team would give him more than 18 mil on the open market. Maybe so. But if it was me, I'd want to see him go another season before committing top 5 money to him.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I'm wondering if another thing coming into play could be them wondering if this offense will always have a ceiling with a #1 receiver who doesn't have deep speed in 2020

We see how these teams like the Chiefs are breaking the NFL with speed and and other teams this offseason like the Eagles, Texans, Broncos, and Raiders prioritizing speed at WR more than ever before.

With the way the game is changing maybe they are thinking this is the time to get for him what you can even if its painful for a bit

mecha

Liked Posts:
he was the only real standout player on offense last season. not entirely sure what the logic here is after playing pin the tail on the donkey at the position ever since Jeffery left.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Isn't the cap going down? Sorry ARob, it ain't going to work out for you.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He only removed stuff off his instagram. That being said it won't get serious less he decides to sit the season and force Pace's hand.
He also removed 'Chicago Bears WR' from his twitter bio

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Pretty simple, he thinks he deserves a top 5 WR deal(He does), and the bears think heavily otherwise.

I'm sure the bears want to sign him, but not for what he wants UNLESS he repeats or improves upon his performance last year.
Robinson is a top 10-15 WR no way in hell he deserves top 5 money.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Lmao as if the offense couldn’t get any worse ......

howler62

Liked Posts:
While I also want to keep AR, maybe the college game is changing GM's thinking. It used to be RB dominated, so RB's came more prepared to contribute early, while it took 1-2 years before wr's usually contributed. Now the college game is changing, making wr's more prepared. Could Pace be thinking like this?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jahns has an article this morning on the Athletic and he points out that it's obviously early.... "but the Bears offense might no longer be reliant upon Arob to do and be everything for Trubisky."

He mentions 11 different players getting targets in the passing game.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Arob I’m sure is seeking around $20 mil per. Obvious question is: do you trade him, and what would be the expected pick we receive? Or, sign him and how would that affect the cap and the others who would be casualties as a result. Before digging into the numbers, I can see both sides of the argument.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
A GM who had the job security to think long term would have to consider trading him and really just blowing up this team over the next couple years, keeping the promising younger guys and grabbing draft picks and cap space. But Pace doesn't have that, obviously.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
This is no different than someone changing their FB relationship status to 'it's complicated'.

General frustration can mean many things. Let's take a step back, let this breath a bit and figure it out.

I gotta think the DeAndre Hopkins extension with 3 years left isn't sitting well.