AROB upset?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Remember when Lance Briggs said he'd never play another down for the Bears, and that he was willing to sit out the season after we franchised him? Then there was a report that came out that we were trading him to Washington.

Yeah, that's how seriously I take this shit.

We still need to extend Allen Robinson, though.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Perhaps Robinson sees how the team should have went with Foles. I told you guys that the players would see who's better out there, and that the Bears would risk dividing the team if they picked the wrong guy.

Yes....thats why arob was practicing with mitch all offseason....so he could obviously lobby for foles once they put the pads on.

Genius.

Post less, read more.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In the end I think the Bears have the leverage, but its all speculation until hard numbers are shared. In the meantime I'm nervous about how Pace goes about this. If you low ball too much, like he did to Alshon, he might upset A-Rob to the point he is determined to leave town, even if its for a one year prove it deal. It worked out in the long-run with Alshon, but its not easy replacing your #1 receiver.
Pace didn't "low ball Alshon"

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
In the end I think the Bears have the leverage, but its all speculation until hard numbers are shared. In the meantime I'm nervous about how Pace goes about this. If you low ball too much, like he did to Alshon, he might upset A-Rob to the point he is determined to leave town, even if its for a one year prove it deal. It worked out in the long-run with Alshon, but its not easy replacing your #1 receiver.
A-Rob can not just leave. The Bears can franchise him.
A) If he has a great year and unrealistically wants Hopkins $$, he can be franchised.
B) He will not be let go to seek a "prove it" deal, unless he plays poorly enough that he needs to prove it. And if that is true, then he doesn't deserve a top end deal.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Arob is not worth a franchise tag. Trade him for a 2nd round pick and call it a day.

Part of being a good GM is being smart with cap assets (don't be like Stan Bowman of the Blackhawks).

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Pace didn't "low ball Alshon"
[/QUO

Ok....the point was that Pace and Alshon were nowhere near the same number, so much so that Alshon walked away fron negotiations. He then took a cheap 1 year, $10 mil prove it deal. Maybe not for you, but from my opinion, it sounded as if Pace went into it with such a low offer hoping he could meet in the middle with Jeffery. Instead, it was taken as offensive by Alshon, and he decided to walk away.

I just hope that wasn't the case here. For example Pace offering 15 mil, hoping to meet Robinson in the middle at 17.5 mil or see how much he will budge. These guys have egos, and Robinson knows how much of a security blanket he is for this offense. Throw him a low offer and he may not take it well. You want to be respected. Thats what it is about.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Arob is not worth a franchise tag. Trade him for a 2nd round pick and call it a day.

Part of being a good GM is being smart with cap assets (don't be like Stan Bowman of the Blackhawks).

He's worth a franchise tag imo.

He's not worth 20m+ a year for multiple years.

Paying him 20m for one year is alright and you can live with it I feel like. Let him prove he's worth that 20m first.

The tag might be a slight overpay for him but its at least a slight overpay for just a year.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

Paying him 20m for one year is alright and you can live with it I feel like. Let him prove he's worth that 20m first.

The tag might be a slight overpay for him but its at least a slight overpay for just a year.

Naw. Bears already have enough guys that are top 5 in salary at their respective positions with nothing to show but a 1 and done playoff appearance, don't need another.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
You all blaming this on Mitch are absolutely nuts. It's about money and nothing more. I mean, how many examples of good to great receivers leaving star QBs to play on shit teams with a payday do you need?

You won’t see any chiefs wrs asking to get traded. A qb we could have had.....

coolio

Liked Posts:
Naw. Bears already have enough guys that are top 5 in salary at their respective positions with nothing to show but a 1 and done playoff appearance, don't need another.

He's the most consistent player on the team, not just offense.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

A 4 year deal for 17m per with 40m of it guaranteed would be much better for AR overall than risking playing under that franchise tag. All it takes is one injury. Better to have that guaranteed money.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
LOL, it's amazing how quick some of you turn on a guy.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
LOL, it's amazing how quick some of you turn on a guy.

Bears offense ranked almost dead last in the league across the board in all major offensive stat categories and this was with a healthy Arob playing a full 16 game season. They can't go any lower without him. Let him walk, he's not worth the price tag.