stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Multiple examples shown where QBR doesn’t make sense in head to head comparisons to passer rating. Brings in some PFF analysis as well. Puts Fields’ season in a statistical context that more or less matches with what we’ve all seen.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you have eyes and a brane, you know that Fields doesn't suck. The problem is, Bears fans don't have branes. At least they have eyes, though. Refs don't have those.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
If you have eyes and a brane, you know that Fields doesn't suck. The problem is, Bears fans don't have branes. At least they have eyes, though. Refs don't have those.
This mean refs have branes?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look, I don't like ESPN either. But ESPN vs BearsGoggles/Fansided...lol.

This is not an article, it's a desperate manifesto.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This mean refs have branes?
Yeah, just no eyes. So their ears hear a crunching sound and they throw a flag because their brane says it is penalty.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The organization has decided to give Fields a week off from his 7 game losing streak. Not a bad PR move really.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Justin flashes. He’s up and down, making the same mistakes we’ve seen time and again. But under it all, there a sense of a progression as the season has gone on. Still no signature game, but he did have that quarter in Pittsburgh.

With all these years of bad Bears quarterback play, busted first round picks, never panning out…and the fucking Packers with thirty years of HOF play at the position….that ESPN article came out and I had Cade-Rex-Mitch flashbacks.

it’s a ragged year by nfl quarterback standards. Reasonable for a rookie…and with the Nagy/Pace parts of the equation factored out…He’s shown enough.

Now the Bears have to get this off-season right for once in their lives.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Yeah, just no eyes. So their ears hear a crunching sound and they throw a flag because their brane says it is penalty.
This checks out, they are flag aggressive like the homies in a the a quiet place movies.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I was under the impression the purpose of coaches was to COACH their players to elevate how they play the game.

it's been evident since the former starting quarterback's tumultuous history with the team that's not happening. they don't practice plays they run in games during practice. they don't strategize for the teams they're playing against. they don't make halftime adjustments. it's obvious that Nagy's some big picture jerkoff that truly believes he's erecting some elaborate scheme (hence taking like 5 years to learn his "system"...???) except we're not even seeing any modicum of results or some semblance of progression in the last 4 seasons indicating the Chicago Bears will finally join the 21st century of offense.

so I pose to all the Justin Fields haters, how in the bleeding fuck can you say that's on the rookie quarterback?

I've been saying for years it's not like the team hasn't made attempts at addressing the position. they made some batshit signings in the 90s/early 2000s (literal flinging shit at walls hoping something sticks) but never had the right brains to help put it all together. if it were any surprise back in 2006 like "holy shit, the Bears kinda sorta have a quarterback" this is what I'm talking about. what you're witnessing from 2018 to present day is shit that's lesser than Ron Turner. possibly lesser than John Shoop. and honestly, that's fucking unbelievable, even for this mom and pop shop bullshit franchise.

it really wasn't Trubisky's fault, and it isn't Fields' today. what the McCaskeys are buying for their so-called "product" they put out on the field is a grave disservice to all parties involved. and honestly, give Desai some credit for making the defense not as good as Fangio's but better than Pagano's.

also fuck you in advance if you disagree with me. thanks. Merry Christmas.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look, I don't like ESPN either. But ESPN vs BearsGoggles/Fansided...lol.

This is not an article, it's a desperate manifesto.
Wow, I never bothered to take part in this, this is just sad denial......

Tsk, tsk, I am not yet ready to pronounce judgement yet, but you seem convinced already.

I see a struggling rookie on a bad team and you are so endoctrinated that all you see is a bust.

Me, I simply don't know yet. And anyone who disagrees with you are bear-goggled meatballs? Or white knights?

You need an intervention. Sooner or later.

The author is simply a sports writer who has an opinion, yet you label the article as a desperate manifesto. To me, it's just an article.

Get over yourself.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Alright jokes aside, I think QBR is heavily weighted by average yards per reception, which was sort of missing from the analysis / breakdown.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Metrics rarely work for game goodness but until Fields stops turning the ball over, they will not be good and in this case, deservedly so. Fortunately, we know that the type of turnovers he's making can be corrected so we have a higher opinion but it's a problem until it's not. You'd also expect a mobile QB to have a higher QBR.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Wow, I never bothered to take part in this, this is just sad denial......

Tsk, tsk, I am not yet ready to pronounce judgement yet, but you seem convinced already.

I see a struggling rookie on a bad team and you are so endoctrinated that all you see is a bust.

Me, I simply don't know yet. And anyone who disagrees with you are bear-goggled meatballs? Or white knights?

You need an intervention. Sooner or later.

The author is simply a sports writer who has an opinion, yet you label the article as a desperate manifesto. To me, it's just an article.

Get over yourself.
Stop feeding him. You're giving him exactly what he wants.