As the roster takes shape...

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can only help but wonder; what if this squad had an elite RB?

Even with having an average/subpar secondary and QB, I think we'd be really hard to handle.

Can you imagine AP on the Bearz right now? Instant SB contenders, imo. Honestly, I think the addition of an elite runner would do as much, if not more, for the team overall than upgrading the QB position.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
One player from SB contention. Seriously?

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not elite, but I feel Jordan Howard is going to turn a few heads.

luv to see more of howard. i believe the 1-2 and even 3 punch we have at RB is going to turn some heads.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:

Even with having an average/subpar secondary and QB, I think we'd be really hard to handle.

Can you imagine AP on the Bearz right now? Instant SB contenders, imo. Honestly, I think the addition of an elite runner would do as much, if not more, for the team overall than upgrading the QB position.

I think you are spot on here if we had a real all around freak rb in the backfield this team would probably be instant playoff contenders

Maybe next year in Philly we should go Fournette or McCaffrey ? Both fit the freak mold

greg23

Liked Posts:
Just imagine this team with

Brady at qb
Bilichick as head coach
Carolina seattle or denvers defense
Ap at rb
Antonio brown, dez bryant and alshon as the wr
Gronk as the te

Pretty decent team, like our chances for a wild card berth.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
There are always some RBs that are elite out of the gate, but mostly elite OLs make elite RBs. Even AP can't run where there are no holes. The reason AP is elite is because he can sometimes make something out of nothing.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
There are always some RBs that are elite out of the gate, but mostly elite OLs make elite RBs. Even AP can't run where there are no holes. The reason AP is elite is because he can sometimes make something out of nothing.
The only rb that come to mind that is considered elite that had a great oline was Emmit Smith without that line he would have near the yards. other than that elite rbs don't need elite oline just maybe a average one.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just imagine this team with

Brady at qb
Bilichick as head coach
Carolina seattle or denvers defense
Ap at rb
Antonio brown, dez bryant and alshon as the wr
Gronk as the te

Pretty decent team, like our chances for a wild card berth.

I bet you giggled the whole time you typed that unfunny shit, didn't you?

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Lots of great backs eligible next year.

Chubb
Fournette
Cook
McCaffery

I'd be pumped with any of them. I think if Howard gets his chances he will impress and Langford should look good too though.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We'll be fine with Langford/Howard. It's the OL that was the issue. Now that we've improved it, I think we'll do pretty well with the run game. Pass catching RBs won't be as good as Forte, but I do think AJ, White, Meredith will do well, too. TE is very thin, but IF Miller can stay healthy...that's a solid OFF with a hungry DEF.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If we are going to "one player" our way to a SB, I think Gronk>AP.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
We'll be fine with Langford/Howard. It's the OL that was the issue. Now that we've improved it, I think we'll do pretty well with the run game. Pass catching RBs won't be as good as Forte, but I do think AJ, White, Meredith will do well, too. TE is very thin, but IF Miller can stay healthy...that's a solid OFF with a hungry DEF.

I'm not talking about being "fine", I'm talking about being a dangerous team with real SB aspirations.

I think an elite runner would do that for us.