Ask not what your country can do for you, but what can you do for the Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The mrna vaccine technology has been in development and testing for over a decade so the technology itself while new to the public has been in testing and would have likely been rolled out and approved soon anyway. The covid specific spike protein mrna vaccine is new and could have different effects. They have done all the phases that would normally be done in development but they were expedited because of the issue at hand. So yeah we are well aware of short term effects and what they are but there could potentially be long term effects. It is up to individuals to weigh the risk for themselves vs. benefit for society.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
PS...the "neathandrals" in Texas reported 0 covid deaths despite lifting mask mandates 2 months ahead of the cdc.....

#science

Texas Dept of Health
May 12th

Texas 7-day averages:

1,580 new confirmed cases a day
2,463 current hospitalizations
43 new fatalities reported a day

Took approx 20 seconds to google Texas Dept of Health statistics.

#facts

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
For those of you that only want one shot get the j&j.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Who couldn't just forge the vaccine card? Mine is just a black & white card from Wal-Mart that anyone could duplicate with a xerox...lol.
This is going on already from stuff I've seen online. For what reason, I am not sure? I have never been asked to provide my vaccine card yet. Maybe to fly?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
For those of you that only want one shot get the j&j.
J&J has actually reported a little rougher side effects. Also, basically if I am a woman between 18-50 I'd probably defer to one of the others (even though the blood clots are rare they are serious and the other shots are widely available).

I got pfizer and had no side effects at all 1st shot. 2nd shot I had a headache but was also staring at a computer all day for work. Not sure it was even a side effect

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Texas Dept of Health
May 12th

Texas 7-day averages:

1,580 new confirmed cases a day
2,463 current hospitalizations
43 new fatalities reported a day

Took approx 20 seconds to google Texas Dept of Health statistics.

#facts

He meant zero deaths in 1 day, not an average. Do you know what average means?

GoBears

Liked Posts:
If vaccines work
And
You're vaccinated
Then
Why does it matter/do you care if someone else is vaccinated?
Plus
Since you think those people are evil
And
People randomly drop dead from the disease
Then
Shouldnt you want those people wiped off the face of the earth anyway?

Asking for a friend.

PS...the "neathandrals" in Texas reported 0 covid deaths despite lifting mask mandates 2 months ahead of the cdc.....

#science
This is why: every, single time COVID-19 is transmitted to someone, there is a very small chance it mutates. Now, inside that small mutation chance is an even smaller chance that it can mutate into something absolutely awful, whether that be more communicable, more likely to kill you or become resistant to current vaccines. Every person who doesn't act with personal responsibility and personal accountability (conservative values, right?) nudge those very small chances into something greater.

Frankly, that's why First Word nations should be helping more in places like India. Millions of people contracting COVID-19... Every one of the a chance to allow the virus to mutate into something that kills your wife or your child and maybe even you... or someone in my family. That's why I want every person possible to stop being a drag on society and act like a responsible adult. Because I don't want myself or my family to pay the price for their disbelief in basic science.

Now, if I could be guaranteed that ONLY non-vaccinated people would suffer the consequences, then, I say let Darwin Rule.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
J&J has actually reported a little rougher side effects. Also, basically if I am a woman between 18-50 I'd probably defer to one of the others (even though the blood clots are rare they are serious and the other shots are widely available).

I got pfizer and had no side effects at all 1st shot. 2nd shot I had a headache but was also staring at a computer all day for work. Not sure it was even a side effect
Same here. I am a software engineer and had to look at a computer all day after the second jab. Also had headaches. Definitely the shot. It was still worth it.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Love the lack of an actual answer by anyone on any level; except; get your shot or else

If vaccines work and I'm vaccinated....why should I be worried or concerned if someone else isn't?

What's going on here?

Plus...isn't the point of the vaccine to give yourself the antibodies? Why are those who've already had covid and have antibodies (in some cases at a higher level) being told to get a vaccine: or else?

And didn't the current leaders all say; adamantly; they wouldn't get this same vaccine if the former leaders were still going to be in charge? Answer; they did.

But....#science
1) You shouldn't be concerned for yourself. You might still want others to get vaccinated though because the more vaccinated = the quicker we're out of this as well as less death and suffering.

2) What's going on here is people have different opinions, some are informed, some are not. It's not some scheme to control, which I know is what you're implying and what you're scared of.

3) Yes to give yourself antibodies, as well as to protect others. Nobody is saying "get the vaccine or else," to those who have had covid. It's anyone's personal choice. I know what you're implying is that there's a scheme to control, but really, not everything is that deep.

4) They did not. Kamala Harris said something stupid that was similar to that, but it was in fact NOT that. Guess what? Stupid people say stupid things, so not surprised Kamala said *shocked face* something stupid.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If it doesn't protect you from getting it, and it doesn't prevent you from spreading it if you do catch it, then all it does is "possibly" reduce your symptoms. Since I've already had COVID, which was merely a loss of smell and runny nose experience, then I'm fine with not getting the "vaccine".

Is it possible that the annual COVID vaccine is just to make people feel comfortable with the virus in the long run and slow the death rate to an acceptable number? (Kinda like the general population has accepted deaths by pneumonia and the flu?)

I'm all for folks getting the vaccine if they chose to. Just like the annual flu vaccines. Just don't be a dick about trying to intimidate others into getting it and questioning other people's private medical information as it goes against HIPAA laws.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I say declare victory and say the virus was defeated. lift all restrictions across the country. go back to normal. if you didn't get vaccinated and become seriously ill because you're a fucktard, the hospital should have the right to tell you to go fuck yourself and sit and rot in your bedroom. because you're ignorant and listened to a fat fuck with a spraytan tell you DERP IT'S BAD when he himself literally fucking got it. the United States government is offering you an alternative to the mask thing, which we all know you've been cupping your vaginas over for a year, and they're even offering the shit for free.

don't be a jagoff.
Yeah but how do you really feel?

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
I got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine two days before it got banned lol although they are offering it again. I also had Covid back in January with everyone else in my house and it was like a bad flu that wouldn’t go away minus the fever.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine two days before it got banned lol although they are offering it again. I also had Covid back in January with everyone else in my house and it was like a bad flu that wouldn’t go away minus the fever.

Covid was a just a pain in the ass but holy fuck, I wouldn't wish the swine flu on anyone. That was probably the worst I ever felt, well besides how I felt after watching the Colts win the SB

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The vaccine won't inject a microchip that tracks you. Your cell phone already does that.
If one could give me a hot spot, I'd have chosen that instead.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Congrats on both the light case and getting vaxxed

Status
Not open for further replies.