AT&T anyone?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm thinking of switching from Comcrap but still hesitant. Anyone have experience with AT&T good or bad?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I have their gig fiber, and I like it.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I have 300mb service via Comcast. Does anyone really notice a difference for normal tasks from 600mb to 1gb?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I have 300mb service via Comcast. Does anyone really notice a difference for normal tasks from 600mb to 1gb?
Coming in handy right now tbh. I'm normally on video conferences half the day anyway, daughter at home doing virtual school, multiple other people streaming hulu / netflix / etc, often do big file transfers in the middle of this all. Zero hiccups. Even under normal circumstances it's nice since I work from home.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Coming in handy right now tbh. I'm normally on video conferences half the day anyway, daughter at home doing virtual school, multiple other people streaming hulu / netflix / etc, often do big file transfers in the middle of this all. Zero hiccups. Even under normal circumstances it's nice since I work from home.
Thank you for you good answer.

Ares can blow a small dog

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I'm no expert, but I hear it depends on where you live. My parents have uverse and they have many problems with their service. It's not good. But I have friends that also have uverse and they have zero complaints.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I got it and I got my parent it. It’s different but I have no problems but they are hard wired and so am I to the houses. But funny you ask, I get a call from my parents. They hadn’t buried the wire and I told my dad do not cut the grass around it cause if you cut the wire. Everything is dead. Guess what he did? I lost my mother fucking mind and had to spend 4 hours on the phone with att just to get them to send a tech to them tomorrow to fix it. Told them wire is cut and I had to go over there and go through there rebooting protocols until they would send the tech tomorrow. I was like the wire is fucking cut. Rebooting it will not do a damn thing but nope. They had to go through protocol. I was livid so a tech is coming tomorrow between 8 am and 4 pm lol

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I got it and I got my parent it. It’s different but I have no problems but they are hard wired and so am I to the houses. But funny you ask, I get a call from my parents. They hadn’t buried the wire and I told my dad do not cut the grass around it cause if you cut the wire. Everything is dead. Guess what he did? I lost my mother fucking mind and had to spend 4 hours on the phone with att just to get them to send a tech to them tomorrow to fix it. Told them wire is cut and I had to go over there and go through there rebooting protocols until they would send the tech tomorrow. I was like the wire is fucking cut. Rebooting it will not do a damn thing but nope. They had to go through protocol. I was livid so a tech is coming tomorrow between 8 am and 4 pm lol
I feel your pain, but did you read about my stroke of good luck getting the grant as detailed in the other thread?

Tell your parents I said "HI".

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Man. This is one of the most frustrating things in the world for me. If I'm forced to call support for something technical, and I've already spent hours trying to figure it out on my own, then forced to go through their stupid processes, multiple escalations before I get to someone who actually knows more than I do that can resolve the issue. Granted a cut wire SHOULD be a pretty clear issue, but ffs I hate that shit. I get why those processes need to be in place, but it is super irritating in the random situation I can't figure out a solution myself.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man. This is one of the most frustrating things in the world for me. If I'm forced to call support for something technical, and I've already spent hours trying to figure it out on my own, then forced to go through their stupid processes, multiple escalations before I get to someone who actually knows more than I do that can resolve the issue. Granted a cut wire SHOULD be a pretty clear issue, but ffs I hate that shit. I get why those processes need to be in place, but it is super irritating in the random situation I can't figure out a solution myself.
I’m not super tech savvy but I am a guy that will google the shot out of something to figure it out. Despite the board motto all southerners are dumb. I will always look to figure things out myself but when I tell you the wire is cut. I do t have a 100 foot of optic wire at my disposal to fix. Just listen. The best is it was computer talking to me and I was like operator and there is so many people that have no clue to say that. I get what you saying completely

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel your pain, but did you read about my stroke of good luck getting the grant as detailed in the other thread?

Tell your parents I said "HI".
No, I told you to stop telling fibs before I cut both ya thumbs off. Ya door knob

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Ouch!

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm thinking of switching from Comcrap but still hesitant. Anyone have experience with AT&T good or bad?

Cut the cord.

I left Comcast probably two years ago now and have Hulu, Prime Video, Netflix, Shudder, NFL Game Pass and Disney+ all run through a 4K FireStick on each TV. The selection is way more and its cheaper.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cut the cord.

I left Comcast probably two years ago now and have Hulu, Prime Video, Netflix, Shudder, NFL Game Pass and Disney+ all run through a 4K FireStick on each TV. The selection is way more and its cheaper.

Thanks. I don't know much about FireSticks but I need to be able to see Hawks games (when sports start again).

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Thanks. I don't know much about FireSticks but I need to be able to see Hawks games (when sports start again).

Everything shows up as an app within the FireStick environment.

I don't watch Hawks games, but as far as the Bears are concerned I watch the live broadcast via Hulu.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

I am running cable currently and I tell you that when I switched up from "40 meg" DSL it changed the digital world. Games play better, no more netflix having to buffer. It was a huge jump.

I'd imagine that if we had kids streaming stuff etc that we could run up close to the limit. However with just me and my wife its never laggy.

Also, and this is something that is strange for me. I haven't had to restart my router in a long time since switching. They finally seemed to figure out routers so they don't freeze or lag out.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

EDIT: NVM I didnt know it was optical cable.

Just go out there and put in a patch. I had to do this for a friend that has his cable line cut and was literally just touching them together to get service. I happened to have a cable crimp so I put him in a joint and he hasnt had a problem since.