At What Point Are You Done With The Bears?

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll never cast them aside entirely, but I'm just not going to put in the time when they're awful. I've had a lot of Sundays the last few years where going to the park with my granddaughters on Sunday and checking in on the score on my phone was a far better option than watching the debacle unfold live.

The Bears right now are like the late 90's / early 00's Blackhawks, with a few more potentially good players than the Hawks had. A damn near empty UC did not sway Bill Wirtz to changing, and I believe the Bears are the same: they are somehow clinging to the ghost of Papa Bear and thinking it's still 1947. It's a mix of hubris, fear, and incompetence that the Halas/McCaskey family has clue one on how to right this mess.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I'm a Bears fan who lives in Central Wisconsin. Okay, so the last, what?, 29 years of Favre and Rodgers has been pretty frustrating, but, so what? It's been a poorly run organization for a lot of years, so what? I don't get my self worth or self esteem from an affiliation with any sports team. My head hasn't exploded because Abe Gibron, John (I've never been fired) Fox, Marc Trestman and Matt Nagy suck as head coaches. I don't cry into my pillow at night if Packer fans chant the Bears still suck. I don't look up the addresses of the officials that make bad calls so I can give them the Nancy Kerrigan knee cap treatment.
I try to remind myself that the beer glass is half full and enjoy the many moments that are fun and memorable, you know, the John Belushi was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor moments (and then I drink so much that my head needs to be put in a five gallon bucket in the traditional frat house style - that seems to help, you know, for the most part).
It’s Gremans so you know. Or gremlins, hell who knows now. Hahahaha.