At What Point Are You Done With The Bears?

twetz

Liked Posts:
I'm a Bears fan who lives in Central Wisconsin. Okay, so the last, what?, 29 years of Favre and Rodgers has been pretty frustrating, but, so what? It's been a poorly run organization for a lot of years, so what? I don't get my self worth or self esteem from an affiliation with any sports team. My head hasn't exploded because Abe Gibron, John (I've never been fired) Fox, Marc Trestman and Matt Nagy suck as head coaches. I don't cry into my pillow at night if Packer fans chant the Bears still suck. I don't look up the addresses of the officials that make bad calls so I can give them the Nancy Kerrigan knee cap treatment.
I try to remind myself that the beer glass is half full and enjoy the many moments that are fun and memorable, you know, the John Belushi was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor moments (and then I drink so much that my head needs to be put in a five gallon bucket in the traditional frat house style - that seems to help, you know, for the most part).

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I’m not done yet. This is mostly a factor of not having the motivation to invest myself in another team because with my luck I would pick incorrectly.
Tell me about it! Lol!

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As long as I watch and follow football. I see a dim future with CTE coming out, perhaps once they have the QBs wear flags and make it illegal to touch them I will quit watching.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Like when your idiot troubled kid shoots people?

Please don't attempt to bait me into offtopic responses which will only cause both of us to be banned.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Please don't attempt to bait me into offtopic responses which will only cause both of us to be banned.
Maybe change you avatar for a Bears forum. This I'm not say'n, I'm just say'n stuff is getting old. How many righties have political Avatars in a Bears forum?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Maybe change you avatar for a Bears forum. This I'm not say'n, I'm just say'n stuff is getting old. How many righties have political Avatars in a Bears forum?

Why? People get to have raised fist avatars and other left wing icons. You don't see me demanding that they change them to suit my tastes

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why? People get to have raised fist avatars and other left wing icons. You don't see me demanding that they change them to suit my tastes
Not for here but anything overtly political should be disallowed IMO. Not sure what is or is not regarding your references but 2 wrongs and all that. I only made the original comment because your post seemed in contradiction to you using that avatar or, your avatar is an example of your post as I noted. You can try owning the libs with that avatar (which is not what a black fist does to conservatives unless...) but sometimes it will backfire.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
When will I stop being a fan? LOL

Anyone that has an expiration date was never a true fan.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Not for here but anything overtly political should be disallowed IMO. Not sure what is or is not regarding your references but 2 wrongs and all that. I only made the original comment because your post seemed in contradiction to you using that avatar or, your avatar is an example of your post as I noted. You can try owning the libs with that avatar (which is not what a black fist does to conservatives unless...) but sometimes it will backfire.

I don't think my icon is political, certainly not overtly so. Far as I know this kid isn't political and basically said he supported BLM protests and was there offering aid and medical service to the protesters. Which is consistent with what was shown on video. He didn't make any political statements whatsoever.

Some people want to interpret it in a political way but that's on them.

Throwthebones

Liked Posts:
I am angry at them now but they are still always going to be my team. But some stuff definitely needs to change

NeverDieEasy

Righter of Wrongs
Liked Posts:
Five days after I die. My instructions are to cut my body in half; cremate the upper with the head and heart; bury the lower, buttocks up in a pine coffin so the world can kiss my ass and spread my ashes around Soldier Field, Halas' statue, Butkus' shrine, and on the flats of the Indian River in Florida! Go Bears, forever in my heart and mind!!!

Dick Butka

Liked Posts:
I lose interest when there's no sense of direction.

After the NFC title game loss to the Pack, I only watched 1 bears game in about a 5 year span. The season opener of 2014. Didn't watch even portions of games despite the 2 starts of 7-1 and 8-3(?).

The game that brought me back was trubiskys first start against the Vikes.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This season. I didn't watch one full game this year

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I lose interest when there's no sense of direction.

After the NFC title game loss to the Pack, I only watched 1 bears game in about a 5 year span. The season opener of 2014. Didn't watch even portions of games despite the 2 starts of 7-1 and 8-3(?).

The game that brought me back was trubiskys first start against the Vikes.

You sound like one of those emo, half assed fans. You don't watch but you come to a message board to talk about how you don't watch the games?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
You sound like one of those emo, half assed fans. You don't watch but you come to a message board to talk about how you don't watch the games?
Maybe Zach should create a cutting forum

Toast88

Liked Posts:
People do this on the radio all the time, right? Guys will call in, frustrated as all hell and say, “I’m done with this team. I’m just done.”

And the radio hosts will usually then call them out on their bullshit and say, “Frank, no you aren’t.”

Fans get frustrated and think, “What’s the most extreme, reactionary thing I could do to show my displeasure?” And that’s to stop being a fan. The problem is, anyone who gets that frustrated over their team cares too much to ever truly be done with them.