At what point does Rose overtake Pippen?

Is D-Rose the #2 player in the Chicago Bulls Franchise?

• Total voters

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Is Derrick Rose the 2nd greatest player in franchise history, already? Or does he need to add a few more years to his resume?

Scottie helped win 6 titles, but he was the 2nd man. Rose, as the main man, led the Bulls to the best record in the league and has won an MVP - something Scottie didn't do.

Is Rose the 2nd best Bull of all-time? If not, what would it take. Does he need to win a title?

I was thinking about it and wanted to throw it out there.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think Rose nec. has to win 'ships...but he's going to have to spend 2+ more years in the MVP discussion, imo.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
a couple of more years

but if i'm picking between rose and pippen in their primes

im takin rose:shifty:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Scottie was the best defensive player when he played and was a top 15 scorer. He also made his teammates better when he was top banana between the championships

Rose needs five more years if great high level consistent play

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It's possible. Based on what Rose has done in 3 years vs Pips career, not a chance.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 rings.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
well....

Pippen played 833 games in a Bulls uniform. In that time, he won 6 rings, made 7 all-stars, made the all-defensive 1st team 7 times, made the all defensive 2nd team once, made the all-NBA first team 3 times, the 2nd team 2 times, the 3rd team twice, he won an all-star game MVP and made himself known as one the the best SF's and perimiter defenders to ever play in the NBA.

I would say Rose has to do a lot, play a lot, and win a lot in a Bulls uniform before we can say he is a better Bull than Pippen was.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's definitely debatable that Rose is the 2nd best Bull already, but I'll stick with Pippen for now. He might not necessarily need championships (seeing as we might constantly be "Jordan'd" by the Heat) but if he's in the MVP discussion for years to come (which I think he will be) then I say he does it. If he passes Pippen in 3s made too, that's a bonus. xD

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
at this point it isn't debatable at all imo.

Yes, Rose has an MVP... so? Pippen did so much more than that. Rose might never do what scottie did with the Bulls.

and who cares if Pippen played with MJ. Magic played with Kareem. Shaq played with Kobe. Bird played with a couple of H.O.F players etc.

Maybe Rose will one day do enough to be a better Bull than Pippen... but right now, it's not close imo.

Last edited:

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
When he wins at least 1 championship

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NBA fans are weird. Setting these subjective goals players need to reach so they can be “better than” player B.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where's scottiepippen1994? We need his take before we can say anything.

He would say that the real question would be whether or not Rose has passed Jordan yet... Pippen is in a class by himself :shifty:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
NBA fans are weird. Setting these subjective goals players need to reach so they can be “better than” player B.

I don't think he was asking what Rose can do to be a better player than Pippen.

He was aksing what Rose has to do to accomplish so he can become the 2nd best player in the history of the franchise... which right now is Pippen... so what would Rose have to do to become the 2nd best player in the history of the chicago Bulls?

That's not the same as "he's better than him because he's a better defender" etc.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I never use championships to measure the greatness of a player to another player. I think its irrelevant...Rose doesn't have Jordan. I do think barring injury that Rose will be a better player, but if he was to stop playing now, I could not call him the 2nd best Bulls player ever.

However, to say that in what might be the deepest pool of pg talent in years...maybe ever...Rose may be the best is saying a lot. I think over time he will become the second guy to Jordan.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think he was asking what Rose can do to be a better player than Pippen.

He was aksing what Rose has to do to accomplish so he can become the 2nd best player in the history of the franchise... which right now is Pippen... so what would Rose have to do to become the 2nd best player in the history of the chicago Bulls?

That's not the same as "he's better than him because he's a better defender" etc.

That question will be debated even if Rose wins 5 rings...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I still think Jack Haley was a better cheerleader than Brian Scalabrine will ever be. /thread

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That question will be debated even if Rose wins 5 rings...

if Rose was able to win 5 rings as the best player on the Bulls, I don't think it would be a debate hahaha.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rose is already the 2nd best offensive player in Bulls' history. And if I was deciding between a rookie Pippen or Rose to start a franchise with... Picking Rose is a no-brainer.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Didn't you hear? This will all be written in stone somewhere, and it will never change. We must figure it out now.

In the meantime, we need to address whether Jerry Krause's funeral will be in his favorite fishing lake, or behind the grease pit at McDonalds.