ATTENTION: jojo boxer - Looks like you and Mighty Joe Young are dead wrong about Allen Robinson

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Unless you two think you know more about football and WRs than 2021 AP offensive player of the year?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wanted to keep him prior to last year, was disappointed with last year's production (though I understand there are a litany of reasons why), and wish him well elsewhere.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
The ARob ship has sailed and I don't want to talk about it anymore.

But my parting shot is: I wish someone would launch Matt Nagy into the sun and also throat punch Ryan Pace for hiring and retaining him.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Unless you two think you know more about football and WRs than 2021 AP offensive player of the year?

@HeHateMe, looks like YOU are the one who is wrong.

After recording 102 catches for 1,250 yards and six touchdowns in 2020, Robinson had just 38 catches for 410 yards with one TD in 12 games last season.
The article that you used as your "proof" that I was wrong is the same article that proves that I was right.

Robinson had a shitty year in 2021 or do you think that 38 catches for 410 yards and 1 TD is good?

Note that I never stated that Robinson was, from now on, going to be a shitty player for the rest of his NFL career.

What I stated, and all that I stated about Robinson, is that he had a shitty year in 2021. Thanks for proving my point.

Do you think that Cooper Kupp would say that Robinson had a great year in 2021, with 38 catches, 410 yards and 1 TD?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
@HeHateMe, looks like YOU are the one who is wrong.

The article that you used as your "proof" that I was wrong is the same article that proves that I was right.

Robinson had a shitty year in 2021 or do you think that 38 catches for 410 yards and 1 TD is good?

Note that I never stated that Robinson was, from now on, going to be a shitty player for the rest of his NFL career.

What I stated, and all that I stated about Robinson, is that he had a shitty year in 2021. Thanks for proving my point.

Do you think that Cooper Kupp would say that Robinson had a great year in 2021, with 38 catches, 410 yards and 1 TD?

The people you've been going hard at were arguing about his TALENT level not his production during a season where he was making career choices. Sorry but your deflection isn't going to work here.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I wanted to keep him prior to last year, was disappointed with last year's production (though I understand there are a litany of reasons why), and wish him well elsewhere.
I said the same thing, but now the goon squad is going after me, trying to change what I said to create a win for them.

All I said was that Robinson had a bad year in 2021 and replacing his 2021 production was not going to be some impossible task.

I believe that Nagy caused Robinson his plummet in motivation and, thus, his drop in production. Nagy actively tried to exclude Robinson from the weekly game plan. Yes, the lack of a long-term contract did not help, but Nagy and Pace's treatment of him probably had a huge influence on his loss of motivation and his drop in production.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I said the same thing, but now the goon squad is going after me, trying to change what I said to create a win for them.

All I said was that Robinson had a bad year in 2021 and replacing his 2021 production was not going to be some impossible task.

I believe that Nagy caused Robinson his plummet in motivation and, thus, his drop in production. Nagy actively tried to exclude Robinson from the weekly game plan. Yes, the lack of a long-term contract did not help, but Nagy and Pace's treatment of him probably had a huge influence on his loss of motivation and his drop in production.
Soooooooo, looks like you agree with me that his production was nowhere near his talent levels and that his talent level still here in the new offense would make the WR corps much stronger in terms of TALENT than it currently is.

Thanks.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

The people you've been going hard at were arguing about his TALENT level not his production during a season where he was making career choices. Sorry but your deflection isn't going to work here.
Bullshit, people were talking about how the Bears 2022 team was going to compare to the 2021 team.

Why should people care about the future production of players who are not on the team?

Robinson was never going to come back and the Bears were never going to offer him a #1 receiver contract.

So the real thing people care about is if the 2022 Bears will be better, the same or worse than they were in 2021.

People have talked about the concerns about losing Mack, Hicks, Peters and Robinson.

I have made multiple posts in multiple threads about the error people are making about not being able to replace prime Mack, prime Hicks, prime Robinson and prime Peters during the 2022 season.

Of course, they cannot do that. The fact is that the 2021 Bears would have been MUCH better with prime Mack, prime Hicks, prime Peters and prime Robinson.

Chances are the 2021 Bears would have been Super Bowl contenders with all of those prime players and Nagy would still be our head coach.

The reality is that the 2021 Bears did not have those prime players. They had either injured or out Mack, injured or out Hicks, old Peters and unmotivated Robinson.

Replacing the 2021 play of those 4 players suddenly does not seem impossible. Daunting, but not impossible.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Bullshit, people were talking about how the Bears 2022 team was going to compare to the 2021 team.

Why should people care about the future production of players who are not on the team?

Robinson was never going to come back and the Bears were never going to offer him a #1 receiver contract.

So the real thing people care about is if the 2022 Bears will be better, the same or worse than they were in 2021.

People have talked about the concerns about losing Mack, Hicks, Peters and Robinson.

I have made multiple posts in multiple threads about the error people are making about not being able to replace prime Mack, prime Hicks, prime Robinson and prime Peters during the 2022 season.

Of course, they cannot do that. The fact is that the 2021 Bears would have been MUCH better with prime Mack, prime Hicks, prime Peters and prime Robinson.

Chances are the 2021 Bears would have been Super Bowl contenders with all of those prime players and Nagy would still be our head coach.

The reality is that the 2021 Bears did not have those prime players. They had either injured or out Mack, injured or out Hicks, old Peters and unmotivated Robinson.

Replacing the 2021 play of those 4 players suddenly does not seem impossible. Daunting, but not impossible.

Why would you want to replace the 2021 play of those players? Shouldn't the goal be to get more out of these sorts of players? Get more out of the position?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Soooooooo, looks like you agree with me that his production was nowhere near his talent levels and that his talent level still here in the new offense would make the WR corps much stronger in terms of TALENT than it currently is.

Thanks.
I never said that the 2021 Robinson was going to be the level of Robinson's production going forward.

I only stated that Robinson's play in 2021 sucked.

Are you going to agree with me that Robinson never had a real chance of coming back to the Bears in 2022?

At that point, I cannot bother thinking about Robinson being on the Bears and going back to his 2020 numbers or better. Yes, he can be a 1000+ yard receiver again, but it was never going to be with the Bears.

What I have to think about is can the Bears get enough production out of their receivers who were brought in this offseason to AT LEAST match the low bar production of 2021 Robinson?

I believe they can because of the easy read system brought in, but will it be enough to get the Bears to have a good receiving corp?

I don't know. I guess we will see together.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Why would you want to replace the 2021 play of those players? Shouldn't the goal be to get more out of these sorts of players? Get more out of the position?
You are using childish responses.

Have you forgotten what the main question was?

Will the Bears be better, worse or the same in 2022 compared to 2021?

Let's start with the basic one. Can the Bears with new coaches, new offensive and defensive schemes, lost big-name players, addition of lesser known players, an easy schedule on paper and the HUGE addition by subtraction of Nagy be able to at least be as good as the 2021 Bears?

If that is answered in the negative, which I believe they can do at least as well as 2021, then it is going to be a long, sad season.

If the answer is yes, then the next questions are can they be better and by how much?

At that point, I would love your comment about wanting the Bears to have better players than the ones that went away in 2021.

I would love for Braxton Jones to have the same path as Peters, but with a higher ceiling, because Jones started as a 5th round pick while Peters was an UDFA.

I would love for Dominique Robinson and Gipson to be the more productive replacements for Mack and Quinn.

I would love for Velus Jones to be a faster and better utilized version of Deebo Samuel that could go for 2000+ combined rushing/receiving/return yards.

I would love if Tongy came into training camp stronger, faster and as disruptive as Hicks in 2018.

But for now, I would settle for the Bears to take at least a small step forward in all aspects of the game in 2022, with real hope of a huge step in 2023.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You are using childish responses.

Have you forgotten what the main question was?

Will the Bears be better, worse or the same in 2022 compared to 2021?

Let's start with the basic one. Can the Bears with new coaches, new offensive and defensive schemes, lost big-name players, addition of lesser known players, an easy schedule on paper and the HUGE addition by subtraction of Nagy be able to at least be as good as the 2021 Bears?

If that is answered in the negative, which I believe they can do at least as well as 2021, then it is going to be a long, sad season.

If the answer is yes, then the next questions are can they be better and by how much?

At that point, I would love your comment about wanting the Bears to have better players than the ones that went away in 2021.

I would love for Braxton Jones to have the same path as Peters, but with a higher ceiling, because Jones started as a 5th round pick while Peters was an UDFA.

I would love for Dominique Robinson and Gipson to be the more productive replacements for Mack and Quinn.

I would love for Velus Jones to be a faster and better utilized version of Deebo Samuel that could go for 2000+ combined rushing/receiving/return yards.

I would love if Tongy came into training camp stronger, faster and as disruptive as Hicks in 2018.

But for now, I would settle for the Bears to take at least a small step forward in all aspects of the game in 2022, with real hope of a huge step in 2023.
why are you so angry with me?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
why are you so angry with me?
Just because I said that you had a childish response, does not mean that I am angry at you.

It just means that your response, basically saying why I, JoJo, should want the Bears to settle for the poor stats of the 2021 players who left, is childish.

You know that I am not settling for poor play from the new players. I am just setting the low bar of the new players to be at least the low production of the big-name players who left during the offseason.

If some of the new players shine well above the low bar of their predecessors, you and I, along with everyone else on CCS will be ecstatic. It is always fun when an underdog makes something of himself.

EDIT: you know that this conversation is only happening because of the dogdays of May. I enjoy your posts and, honestly, the posts of most other people around here.

These conversations are just to actually have some conversations that actually have something to do with the Bears this time of year.

Bust

Liked Posts:

brah, was time for him to go. He had zero chemistry with justin. Remember all the one on one battles Arob lost in the early goin? This boards game threads were calling him out early and often.

The worse one was the deep pass in the end zone by Fields in the packer game. It was just Amos and Arob for the ball. In that situation you take Arob all day every day. Yet the dude quit on the ball. Amos picked that ball off on the endzone line. Arob wasn't even in the screen. Was content with accepting that as a punt, lol.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
brah, was time for him to go. He had zero chemistry with justin. Remember all the one on one battles Arob lost in the early goin? This boards game threads were calling him out early and often.

The worse one was the deep pass in the end zone by Fields in the packer game. It was just Amos and Arob for the ball. In that situation you take Arob all day every day. Yet the dude quit on the ball. Amos picked that ball off on the endzone line. Arob wasn't even in the screen. Was content with accepting that as a punt, lol.
A Rob definitely showed a lack of effort last year but Nagy is the only one to blame with ARob and Fields not having chemistry. If he was still on this team and had an entire off season to build chemistry with Fields, the two of them would have been fine.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you built a flow chart for the bears 2018-2021 problems, they would all end with this cock sucker:
1653414704417.png

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What happened to SloSlo? He used to be a good poster but he's been having meltdown after meltdown going on a year now. Doesn't seem to understand anything either. Im guessing he actually boxes and CTE has begun.