Available RBs?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Pierce was always the backup option. The staff designated him as one of the 4 protected PS players. I'm sure they are interested in giving him touches over anyone else available.

I really like the upside of Pierce and could see him excelling in the NFL. Nice burst and runs well and decisively between the tackles.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Pierce was always the backup option. The staff designated him as one of the 4 protected PS players. I'm sure they are interested in giving him touches over anyone else available.

I really like the upside of Pierce and could see him excelling in the NFL. Nice burst and runs well and decisively between the tackles.

If I remember correctly, the big knock on Pierce, what kept him on the ps, was his inability to pass block. He was horrible in protection and didn’t get the time he needed to improve. So, if he’s improved and isn’t a liability in pass pro, he may be up. I hope so.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
I feel bad for Cohen but maybe this forces Nagy to use Monty instead of trying cute plays with Cohen.
Bingo!
Montgomery is a player that improves once he's worked up a lather. Running him every 3rd series won't highlight his strengths.
Next week is the perfect opp to allow the OLine to show some metal, run, run, and run again.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
If I remember correctly, the big knock on Pierce, what kept him on the ps, was his inability to pass block. He was horrible in protection and didn’t get the time he needed to improve. So, if he’s improved and isn’t a liability in pass pro, he may be up. I hope so.
I mean was cohen any better ?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ZERO question that Cohen is far quicker and faster than Monty. Different role for certain plays. DM can't play Cohen totally. They'll need to get Pierce up to speed and quick. Lotsa teams are down an RB or 3 already. Crazy.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I have no idea why we didn't draft a RB this year. Behind Montgomery there was no RB on the roster that I'd feel comfortable with playing RB full time. Cohen is obviously not an every down back, and neither is Patterson. Behind those two, there's no talent there. Bad roster management there, IMO.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

How is he as a pass-catching RB?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Artavis Pierce? Don’t know too much about him. We need some speed out of the backfield. Any PS, FAs out there that can add that speed element?
Pierce has that speed element and apparently looked good in training camp. I say the Bears bring him up from the practice squad and add another RB to the practice squad.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Too bad we didn't go after the RB in UDFA that many of us were hoping we'd go after in Illinois St RB James Robinson who's killing it in Jax. That dude looks like a true old school RB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bingo!
Montgomery is a player that improves once he's worked up a lather. Running him every 3rd series won't highlight his strengths.
Next week is the perfect opp to allow the OLine to show some metal, run, run, and run again.

If we don't sign Snacks and get him ready to play next week then J.Taylor is gonna run for 150 on our asses.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cohen is out for the year. Now what?

Move Pierce to the active roster? FA? Trade? Or Poach??

I’m guessing Pierce is moved up. I’m not familiar with any talent on other teams practice squads. A quick look at FA RBs doesn’t look promising.

Anybody see talent somewhere else...
Ryan Nall hb/fb/te/pass blocker hybrid will bring a different skillset to the toolbox that can be utilized by Foles
... and Pierce will naturally, be brought up from the PS

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
I really liked Kerrith Whyte and he was already a special teams ace. He played well in the regular season in limited opportunities with the Steelers. He certainly has the speed for the Cohen role and it would seem to match what he was doing in college.

If they want a veteran, Spencer Ware might be a fit

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watched Pierce a lot in college. Great player on a shit team. Well rounded. Give him a shot

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
If we don't sign Snacks and get him ready to play next week then J.Taylor is gonna run for 150 on our asses.
Snacks would get about 3 reps before he’s done for the game... LBs need to hit their gaps

baredown

Liked Posts:
The Bears not only need to fill a RB slot, they need to come up with a new PR as well. I don't see Miller handling the PR duties going forward. He's had durability issues just trying to play WR. Miller's not elusive like Cohen, and would probably take a pretty bad beating returning punts. I don't recall if Whyte worked out at PR in 2019, but if the Bears think he could handle that, he might be the available body to fill both roles...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Bears not only need to fill a RB slot, they need to come up with a new PR as well. I don't see Miller handling the PR duties going forward. He's had durability issues just trying to play WR. Miller's not elusive like Cohen, and would probably take a pretty bad beating returning punts. I don't recall if Whyte worked out at PR in 2019, but if the Bears think he could handle that, he might be the available body to fill both roles...

Maybe T.Ginn will get some work at PR.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Too bad we didn't go after the RB in UDFA that many of us were hoping we'd go after in Illinois St RB James Robinson who's killing it in Jax. That dude looks like a true old school RB.

Robinson looks good but is pretty much a Montgomery clone. This team needs a speed element and Robinson is slower than DM.

Monster

Liked Posts:

Let Mitch do it... ?