Awful Fast Food Franchise Locations

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a local place that almost always fucks up my order.
I order Italian sausage, I get Italian beef.
I ordered a burger with lettuce, pickles, and mayonnaise, I got a burger with lettuce, onions, and one half of a tomato slice.
I ordered a gyro and got 2 pitas.
I should just say, "I have $8. Just throw some random shit in a bag."

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My college roommate (may he RIP) used to go to a fast food place and ask the cashier their favorite number from one to how many value meals they had. That would be what he ordered. He thought they’d screw it up anyway so he might as well be surprised. He ate everything, so for giggles he would tell a waitress bring me an app and a main, “pick your favorites”. He liked to eat.

Back on point, the Burger Kings in this area seem to be particularly awful.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a local place that almost always fucks up my order.

I never liked McDonalds, but the times I had no real other choice at the moment I really needed to eat...that seemed to be the story.

My last trip to one was just for the sole purpose of me desperately wanted some coffee and it was the only place still open. I order a large black coffee assuming no way can they mess that up. This dude disappears back to the grill area for almost ten minutes where I can't even see him...then comes back with a fucking Big Mac.

I was so flabbergasted, I started stuttering.

Have not stepped foot in a McDonalds since and that was like 2003.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hi @Hawkeye I got violently ill after eating catfish at long john silver's aged 5 and haven't been able to eat seafood since so they can go fuck themselves
I had a similar experience around 7-8 years old at Arthur Treacher's Fish and Chips (prolly dating myself.) I used to love seafood, but I got super I'll after eating one time ...may or may not have been the food, but the experience put me off seafood for literally 20 years....I'd start to get queasy just smelling it.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Popeyes is really the way to go with fast food chicken
Yes but fuck them because they NEVER have the spicy strips when I go.... absolutely love them, but they're always out. (I don't eat a ton of fast food, so over the past couple of years, I've tried a handful of times at a handful of different Popeye's and left with a disappointment equalled only by my sex life.)

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As to the original question asked: the local KFC. This is from the time we moved to the area until this place closed for good about 5 years ago....it was a combo Long Dong Silvers / KFC. Tried going to the KFC part 3 or 4 times, and asked for Original Recipe. Was told each time they had none prepared, and if I didn't mind waiting 30 minutes they would make some...mind you, these incidents were at dinner time on weekends...how the fuck does KFC not have the Colonel's original recipe ready at dinner time? They closed down, for obvious reasons.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I never liked McDonalds, but the times I had no real other choice at the moment I really needed to eat...that seemed to be the story.

My last trip to one was just for the sole purpose of me desperately wanted some coffee and it was the only place still open. I order a large black coffee assuming no way can they mess that up. This dude disappears back to the grill area for almost ten minutes where I can't even see him...then comes back with a fucking Big Mac.

I was so flabbergasted, I started stuttering.

Have not stepped foot in a McDonalds since and that was like 2003.
I always found it well, let's say "interesting" that McDonald's launched a program whereby they allegedly double checked your drive thru order (novel concept!) and then put a sticker on it saying "double checked for accuracy"! (Imagine bragging about doing the obvious. )

Then, suddenly, the stickers disappeared. And we all know it wasn't because they realized they were so damn accurate there was no need to double check. They just realized that fucking up your order and placing a sticker on it to brag that TWO people fucked it up was not productive.

Meanwhile, customers were left to wonder "They didn't get t right, so they just stopped trying"?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I had a similar experience around 7-8 years old at Arthur Treacher's Fish and Chips (prolly dating myself.) I used to love seafood, but I got super I'll after eating one time ...may or may not have been the food, but the experience put me off seafood for literally 20 years....I'd start to get queasy just smelling it.
We had one in Merrillville on 61st and Broadway. Never would eat there but my mom and sisters lived that stuff!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Meanwhile, customers were left to wonder "They didn't get t right, so they just stopped trying"?

One day this will be the last sentence in a book about Late Stage American Capitalism lol.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Getting back to Ice Cream.

South Siders in Chicago know about and love those Rainbow cones from 92nd and Western..There is a reason the line stretched around the corner on any given day.

Orange Sherbet...Palmer House...Pistachio..Strawberry... Chocolate, slices on a cone

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Getting back to Ice Cream.

South Siders in Chicago know about and love those Rainbow cones from 92nd and Western..There is a reason the line stretched around the corner on any given day.

Orange Sherbet...Palmer House...Pistachio..Strawberry... Chocolate, slices on a cone

You should start an Ice Cream thread.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@Angry Boomer did you ever go to Lindey's Chilli/Gertie's Ice Cream on the South Side.

Its like, Evergreen Park.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Angry Boomer did you ever go to Lindey's Chilli/Gertie's Ice Cream on the South Side.

Its like, Evergreen Park.
Yeah..I went to the original Lindys on Archer Ave at about Western..Good Chili..I also went to the original Gerties on Kedzie (I think)..I think that Bishops had better Chili though

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
There was a place for Chili on 43rd street at about Indiana Ave called "Chili Macks"..They had about the best Chili in Chicago IMO..It was served over macaroni..Great flavor

@Ares

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
There is one thing I will never understand and that is the hatred towards Arbies from my great uncle whomst loves the meat but always hates upon the arbies meats and then says he once upon a time got meat behind the alley of some chili place nobody has ever heard of because it went out of business way before his ass was literally out of business getting the meat behind some gay *** chili bar down the street from a Arbies lol!

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Culver's is better

Culver's sells custard, not ice cream. That's why it's better. Well, plus Culver's food is actually very good and DQ sucks.
do-you-wanna-5c343b.jpg

DQ has absolutely nailed soft serve. Between the chocolate dipped cones, blizzards (Mint Choc Chip) and buster bar, every other place is simply trying to replicate what they do. Unoriginal, uninspiring pieces of shit. All of them.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
do-you-wanna-5c343b.jpg

DQ has absolutely nailed soft serve. Between the chocolate dipped cones, blizzards (Mint Choc Chip) and buster bar, every other place is simply trying to replicate what they do. Unoriginal, uninspiring pieces of shit. All of them.
The Banana Split Blizzard is to die for