Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ayo has been great. Love his defense and I'm sure his offensive game will continue to improve as well.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Ayo has been great. Love his defense and I'm sure his offensive game will continue to improve as well.
He’s already leading all rookies in TS%, but yeah, once he cuts down on some of the turnovers, his offense will become much more efficient overall

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He’s already leading all rookies in TS%, but yeah, once he cuts down on some of the turnovers, his offense will become much more efficient overall
If he can start getting to the line and making them at a better rate than now, his efficiency will be pretty insane. Of course his shooting will have to keep up with increased volume, but still. He barely gets to the line but I think he's shooting like 58% or something so far. That alone could give his overall offense a good boost. TS% is good and it's great to see him efficient, just want to see if he can also keep it up with the increased volume

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If he can start getting to the line and making them at a better rate than now, his efficiency will be pretty insane. Of course his shooting will have to keep up with increased volume, but still. He barely gets to the line but I think he's shooting like 58% or something so far. That alone could give his overall offense a good boost. TS% is good and it's great to see him efficient, just want to see if he can also keep it up with the increased volume
100% agreed on the volume thing. That said, on a team with lavine, derozan, vucevic, ball, and even Coby…it’ll be hard for him to get the chances to increase volume. He’s not going to be a 10+ shots a game guy on this team. He can definitely improve on the FT shooting, though…and thatll make his numbers better

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
100% agreed on the volume thing. That said, on a team with lavine, derozan, vucevic, ball, and even Coby…it’ll be hard for him to get the chances to increase volume. He’s not going to be a 10+ shots a game guy on this team. He can definitely improve on the FT shooting, though…and thatll make his numbers better
Yeah definitely not going to be like a Jordan Clarkson off the bench type of volume dude, not saying that. But it will be interesting to see in this short term while he's forced to start how he sustains his efficiency. Like so far he's done great. But in the short term, do his shooting percentages hold up? Going forward will BD give him more opportunities to create offense? Can he generate a decent number of assists? Will we see the improvements in the per 36 numbers (anticipating at full strength he just plays about 20 MPG in a defensive stopper role)? All valid questions taking into account what he'll be doing for the team this year.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have questions about 2nd round rookies and their contract statuses.

The Bulls only signed Ayo to a 2 year deal as my understanding. Do 2nd rounders become RFA's then?

Can teams do, like they did with Asik in 2012, and put poison pill contracts in to stop the Bulls from matching any offer?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

The Bulls only signed Ayo to a 2 year deal as my understanding. Do 2nd rounders become RFA's then?

Can teams do, like they did with Asik in 2012, and put poison pill contracts in to stop the Bulls from matching any offer?
I believe so

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

He won't be a RFA but due to the Arenas Rule another team can't offer a first year salary greater than the MLE. However yes another team could do the poison pill loophole.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He won't be a RFA but due to the Arenas Rule another team can't offer a first year salary greater than the MLE. However yes another team could do the poison pill loophole.
Pretty much my fear will be losing him after next season when Bulls enter luxury tax hell.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Pretty much my fear will be losing him after next season when Bulls enter luxury tax hell.

Potentially we could lose him even if we wanted to pay him. Taxpayer MLE is smaller than the standard meaning another team could swoop in and offer more than the tax MLE and still be within the rules.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Potentially we could lose him even if we wanted to pay him. Taxpayer MLE is smaller than the standard meaning another team could swoop in and offer more than the tax MLE and still be within the rules.
I've been trying to figure out why they didn't do a 3 year deal. From my understanding they could have.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I've been trying to figure out why they didn't do a 3 year deal. From my understanding they could have.
My guess is that his agent told him to take a 2 year deal so he could get paid quicker. If Ayo was willing to take a 3 year deal and they prioritized Marko instead (who doesn't look like an NBA talent) then that was their first mistake.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Ahhh marko…the guy many on here were claiming would be the backup big man the bulls needed this season lol

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ahhh marko…the guy many on here were claiming would be the backup big man the bulls needed this season lol
I could have seen him in a hallway and been able to tell them to settle down. Kukoc was massively overrated and is 100 times better than Marko in every way.
Marko might not ever be able to get 8 points and 5 rebounds per game, but to see him and think it would be this year is insane. He would get owned nightly if he played for Utah University.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting that Ayos pre-season projections his senior year of high school were better than his pre-draft consensus.

he was considered a top 20 pick since like early high school wasn’t he? Lol. Somehow Underwood and the extra 2 years of college devalued him just before draft.