Ayo up to #10 in ESPN rookie rankings

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Interesting that Ayos pre-season projections his senior year of high school were better than his pre-draft consensus.

he was considered a top 20 pick since like early high school wasn’t he? Lol. Somehow Underwood and the extra 2 years of college devalued him just before draft.
Even going into the draft, he was projected to go sometime in the 20's. I was actually shocked he got out of the 1st round. If Illinois had been able to have a deep tournament run, I think he would have been a Top 20 pick.

Also if the 2020 Tournament hadn't been canceled, good chance Ayo would have had some national exposure that got him into the 2020 draft.

Personally, I'm not complaining. I was surprised they even took him (but that was me operating under GarPax logic), but I'm glad they did. He's got out and proved a lot of teams that they were wrong to pass him up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn’t know you could hide a Big Ten Championship

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Want to make some corrections about Ayo's contract situation:
-He will be a RFA if Bulls offer a QO.
-I believe we would be able to fit any contract offer under the early bid exception.

I made a mistake in assuming what we could offer under early bird was less than the non-tax MLE. Talen Horton-Tucker is a good example to look at.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
-I believe we would be able to fit any contract offer under the early bid exception.

I made a mistake in assuming what we could offer under early bird was less than the non-tax MLE. Talen Horton-Tucker is a good example to look at.
It’s looking like Ayo is the real deal. Expectations are he continues to improve and is a borderline all star next season. The Bulls team that I want to root for, do not let Ayo’s go

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ayo up to 7th now on nba.com's ladder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I didn't think about THT being a good comparison.

This is his contract history and current contract:

1643896971251.png

I'm guessing Bulls could re-sign Ayo for around the same price (likely more due to contract inflation, but salary cap will go up too), which would totally be worth it.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Ayo up to 7th now on nba.com's ladder.
It’ll be tough for him to climb much higher, but a first team all rookie selection would be sweet for the kid

Last edited by a moderator: