Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like Ball as a player but he glass and he doesnt play through pain. So, I would never expect full seasons out of him
It'd be a miracle if Ball played a full season at any point in his career

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I guess we know why NO was so willing to let him go. Hopefully he could be healthy down the stretch at least

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I like Ball as a player but he glass and he doesnt play through pain. So, I would never expect full seasons out of him
Are you suggesting he should “play through” a torn meniscus? Glad you’re not the team doctor.

has absolutely nothing to do with being a tough guy or not and playing thru pain. These aren’t minor injuries. You can’t play NBA level basketball with a torn meniscus

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you suggesting he should “play through” a torn meniscus? Glad you’re not the team doctor.

has absolutely nothing to do with being a tough guy or not and playing thru pain. These aren’t minor injuries. You can’t play NBA level basketball with a torn meniscus
You seem to not follow his career. He sat with minor injuries all the time. Hence, why I said he is glass and would probably never play full seasons. Nothing in his history disproves that.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You seem to not follow his career. He sat with minor injuries all the time. Hence, why I said he is glass and would probably never play full seasons. Nothing in his history disproves that.
That’s different than saying he “should play through the pain” as you previously stated

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Now I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the meniscus is fine at this point, has been so the whole summer. It's the bone bruise that's been the lingering issue this whole time. And assuming that is the case, it is literally playing through pain.

Not saying he should've, obviously that pain is there for a reason so imo it'd be dumb to make that worse/a lingering issue on top of the random injuries he already seems to deal with.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That’s different than saying he “should play through the pain” as you previously stated
Ive seen him not play through any pain. You are specifying this injury. Im specifying career.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Now I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the meniscus is fine at this point, has been so the whole summer. It's the bone bruise that's been the lingering issue this whole time. And assuming that is the case, it is literally playing through pain.

Not saying he should've, obviously that pain is there for a reason so imo it'd be dumb to make that worse/a lingering issue on top of the random injuries he already seems to deal with.
The initial cause of the start of this was a slight tear in the meniscus. He had surgery and thus missed the season due to the meniscus tear. The meniscus tear caused him to miss the regular season, or am I mistaken? So that’s where I’m saying it’s silly to act like he should just play thru the pain

Now yes, you’re correct that around playoff time I believe, it was a bone bruise, that maybe you can speak to the cause of?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
At the end of the day, the notion of just play thru the pain is about the most false macho thing.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The initial cause of the start of this was a slight tear in the meniscus. He had surgery and thus missed the season due to the meniscus tear. The meniscus tear caused him to miss the regular season, or am I mistaken? So that’s where I’m saying it’s silly to act like he should just play thru the pain

Now yes, you’re correct that around playoff time I believe, it was a bone bruise, that maybe you can speak to the cause of?
Yes the initial thing that took him out of the lineup was the meniscus tear. I'm actually not sure when the bone bruise came into the picture, if it was already present at the time of the tear or if it arose afterwards. What I do know is that Lonzo was supposed to return around the same time Caruso did, a little before the end of the regular season. I do believe that the holdup for why Lonzo did not do that and then went on to miss the playoffs and so on was the bone bruise. It was reported that every time he tried to ramp up to full speed he would experience discomfort (ie pain) in the knee and I'm fairly confident that is the bone bruise at play, and that persisted pretty much all through this summer til now.

I'll have to go back and look up injury reports and whatnot to see which timeline is accurate. Either way, for this offseason it's been the bone bruise or in other words, playing through pain, that has been the holdup till now. I hope he's finally over that because Bulls really need him to have a successful season.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A player on my rugby team played after that surgery 3 days later.

2 weeks was earliest doctors said he should.

4 is normal.

You get the surgery to reduce recovery time of that injury. Once you snip the torn piece there is nowhere else to go and it’s a bad sign when you don’t make a speedy recovery.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Doesn’t sound good for the start of the season.

Cue the “he ain’t tough enough” lines from certain posters

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You also have to wonder if he will be the same player when he does get back. It will be in the back of his mind for a good long time. Will he unintentionally favor the knee?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
You also have to wonder if he will be the same player when he does get back. It will be in the back of his mind for a good long time. Will he unintentionally favor the knee?
I’m more concerned if he’ll ever be able to just stay healthy…and based on his career history the answer is almost assuredly no. NO let him go for a reason and we’ll likely look back and view it as a terrible signing by AK. There’s nothing more important than availability

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’m more concerned if he’ll ever be able to just stay healthy…and based on his career history the answer is almost assuredly no. NO let him go for a reason and we’ll likely look back and view it as a terrible signing by AK. There’s nothing more important than availability
6C6E26B2-57E3-4A60-9064-C2537DC78D0F.jpeg