Barkley rushed for 6 yards on 15 carries.....

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Against Pittsburgh. What will have against Chicago?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Goldman must've opted out with the Bears and suited up for the Steelers. We all know you need a Goldman to stop the rush.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well there's Saquon now, gashing Bilal Nichols:

saqoun.png

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It will certainly be a good test for this Bears defense. They looked like shit vs AP but it's too soon to say if that's no preseason rust or a more serious issue.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pitt's defense is outstanding vs the run when they are healthy. Barkley will have many more lanes to run in this Sunday. Nichols tends to shoot gaps as does Smith....it just so happens they shoot the wrong gap too often.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
In general certain teams are going to play well vs the run. Doesn't mean they will do it all year as game plans and the season can have outliers....

Its hard to tell what teams will be early in the season.

Pittsburgh and Chicago both had great rushing defenses last year....Steelers allowed 3.8 YPC and Bears 3.9

Against the Bears Barkley rushed for 59 yards last year, however he only averaged 3.5 yards per carry.

The Giants are going to make a point of trying to get Barkley going.

Bears need to keep that average around 3.5 - 3.6....it won't matter if he has 60 to 70 yards if the average is that low.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
78yds rushing...

With 1 random 35yd run somewhere under the 2min warning in the first half when our defense desides to get soft and play prevent....

Oh wait... that was when we had Goldman...

Maybe 98yds rushing w/out Goldman... unless T Gipson decides he doesn't want to tackle Barkley in the open field. Then it's probably around 135yds...

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
they'll be tested. Teams tend to look at game tape from the week prior and gameplan accordingly. Giants will attempt to expose the Bears with a similiar blocking scheme the Lions produced.

If the Defense struggles a second week and allow 400 yards of offense, uh oh.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The real question remains - how many times will he run Jaylon Johnson over?

Over under 2?

mecha

Liked Posts:
I think it was a combination of rust and Trevathan being 800 years old, along with The Secret World of Kahlil Mack.

I follow AP and saw a video of all his runs in the game, they stopped him several times. they just looked like way out of position a lot of the game.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
6 yards on 15 carries is embarrassing... This falls on preparation. Pagano focused on stopping Stafford in practice last week, probably gave little respect to the run. This week should be focused on shutting down the run.

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
Barkley needs to be careful when trying to jump over someone or he could get really hurt

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
That 6 yards on 15 carries. is bad news for us because they are gonna feed him this week . The Steelers front 7 was scary though .

Throwthebones

Liked Posts:
91 yards and td and 39 rec but Daniel Jones going for 220 a td and 2 int and a lost fumble

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Not feeling great about this game. Barkley will not have back to back games like that. Giants looked stout up front on defense for a long while but seemed gassed in the second half. If that is merely a point of conditioning and not just a fluke first half against a great OL, then they may be better sooner than some think.

Or it could be just a case of PITT OL confusion in the first half because no preseason.

No way should anyone be comfortable though with notching Week 2 as a W imo.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
32 carries 207 yards 3 tds