AK:
Lost the Vuc deal
Picked Williams over Halliburton
Signed a PG with no knees to 20 mil per season
Extended a coach that should be fired
Signed Zach to a max deal without exploring S&T options
Bounced Lauri the GOAT outta town
Traded a 25 top 10 protected first for DeMar DeRozan

That’s about as rough as it gets. Pretty much guaranteed he’s going to stick with this lackluster group of underachievers and the Magic are going to get another top 10 pick for a player that the Bulls shouldn’t even re-sign. Oof

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
New boss same as old boss. I gave it a chance but it’s just another Jerry reinsdorf cluster fuck

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Only in Chicago sports folks...

Well I guess LA and NY aren't that much better

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
AK:
Lost the Vuc deal

That’s about as rough as it gets. Pretty much guaranteed he’s going to stick with this lackluster group of underachievers and the Magic are going to get another top 10 pick for a player that the Bulls shouldn’t even re-sign. Oof
Lauri was always awful with no signs of not being awful until this year. I'll let that one slide.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lauri was always awful with no signs of not being awful until this year. I'll let that one slide.
Yeah, not to mention everyone on here was ready to trade him for a basketball. AKME at least got a real asset of some kind in return for Lauri, which at the time everyone here thought was impossible to do

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Meet the new boss same as the old boss. Billy should have been fired after the season at the latest. Why would you re-sign him before the season with 2 years left on his deal and after a very poor ending to last season?

This leads me to believe that we are going to re-sign Vuc too ?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Meet the new boss same as the old boss. Billy should have been fired after the season at the latest. Why would you re-sign him before the season with 2 years left on his deal and after a very poor ending to last season?

This leads me to believe that we are going to re-sign Vuc too ?
I've been tellin y'all, there is no hope for this team

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Awful is hyperbole. Disappointing based on expectations? Sure….but his last season in Chicago he posted

14 PPG
5 RPG
eFG% 60%
3P% 40%
TS% 62%
WS/48 .109
PER: 15

That’s not remotely close to awful. Amazing? No…but it wasn’t even his best season in Chicago.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Awful is hyperbole. Disappointing based on expectations? Sure….but his last season in Chicago he posted

14 PPG
5 RPG
eFG% 60%
3P% 40%
TS% 62%
WS/48 .109
PER: 15

That’s not remotely close to awful. Amazing? No…but it wasn’t even his best season in Chicago.
I'm going to stick with terrible. Mostly because I hated him a lot, feel free to take my words as fact.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
AK:
Lost the Vuc deal

I mean…I hate Lauri the player but he’s def rosterable. He has a role in the league but it’s a very limited one with the right team. Thankfully, it’s not the bulls. Hated watching that guy

if you’re gonna knock AKME for being wrong, gotta knock yourself too then

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I'm going to stick with terrible. Mostly because I hated him a lot, feel free to take my words as fact.
That’s fine…I think a lot of people were frustrated too. He also misses consistent time throughout his career. That said, he really flashed his 2nd season and there was always a decent change that AK could regret the move, and right now that’s the case. Utah has a good coach and a good FO and Lauri is flourishing (still only 25 I believe).

Basically AKME decided to cut the youth movement short and move on from Lauri/WCJ and push his chips in with vets like Vuc/DeMar. On the surface it made sense, but he hired a weak coach and it probably should have dawned on him that a starting lineup of 3 weak defenders (Vuc, LaVine, DeMar) is going to struggle defensively. Bad perimeter D is bad enough but bad perimeter D and no rim protector or a guy with lateral quickness is a recipe for disaster

Enasic

Liked Posts:
if you’re gonna knock AKME for being wrong, gotta knock yourself too then

Yes, unfortunately I don’t get paid millions of dollars to do this professionally and amazingly am wrong about a lot of things lol One day I’ll be omnipotent though

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
That’s fine…I think a lot of people were frustrated too. He also misses consistent time throughout his career. That said, he really flashed his 2nd season and there was always a decent change that AK could regret the move, and right now that’s the case. Utah has a good coach and a good FO and Lauri is flourishing (still only 25 I believe).

Basically AKME decided to cut the youth movement short and move on from Lauri/WCJ and push his chips in with vets like Vuc/DeMar. On the surface it made sense, but he hired a weak coach and it probably should have dawned on him that a starting lineup of 3 weak defenders (Vuc, LaVine, DeMar) is going to struggle defensively. Bad perimeter D is bad enough but bad perimeter D and no rim protector or a guy with lateral quickness is a recipe for disaster
I refuse to be mad about moving on from lauri. I have no faith in him to sustain his play for multiple seasons

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I refuse to be mad about moving on from lauri. I have no faith in him to sustain his play for multiple seasons

Oh I’m not mad at all. Although I think IF Lauri can stay healthy, he will remain a good player. I’m more upset by the Vuc trade. Bulls traded away a younger, cheaper, and arguably better player for a guy they don’t even use properly and will need to be re-signed. Hopefully they don’t but we know they will. Oh…and the pleasure of including 2 1st round picks, one of them being Franz Wagner lol. AKME really took beating with that trade. Based on his selection of Williams over Halliburton, he may have whiffed on Wagner, tbh. Not too confident in his drafting abilities ATM.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes, unfortunately I don’t get paid millions of dollars to do this professionally and amazingly am wrong about a lot of things lol One day I’ll be omnipotent though
No, it has more to do with your acting as though it was some obvious mistake and acting like you knew Lauri would become a good player.

Trading Lauri isn’t one of AKME’s mistakes. You’re just playing captain hindsight

Enasic

Liked Posts:
No, it has more to do with your acting as though it was some obvious mistake and acting like you knew Lauri would become a good player.

Trading Lauri isn’t one of AKME’s mistakes. You’re just playing captain hindsight

Again, I don’t get paid millions of dollars to do this professionally. I agreed with the move at the time…so sure I was wrong. Not sure how that’s relevant to anything though. I don’t run the Bulls lol. The only person that matters is AK and the moves that he makes. Fans opinions of said moves at the time they’re made are irrelevant.

AKME made bigger mistakes than getting rid of Lauri, but I think you can still quantify it as a mistake.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
The moves they have made are understandable even though it's becoming clear that they were bad. I mean the Vuc trade is looking like one of the worst trades in the history of the team. However i can't understand why they re-signed Billy and it compounds the other bad moves.