BD Extended?!?!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lauri talked about how he has grown up since leaving the Bulls. Sometimes it takes moving on from a place to grow. Also, people are impatient with basketball players. They expect them to go from the jump. It takes time. Brandon Ingram got a alot of shit from Lakers fans and now, he is an all star level player for the Pels. Lauri got all the tools to sustain a long nba career.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Lauri showed great talent but had problems with injury and fatigue. The bright idea from the org was that he should bulk up like it was 2004. Well it never improved his defense and basically regulated him to a catch and shoot player. I'm glad was able to revive his career.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The moves they have made are understandable even though it's becoming clear that they were bad. I mean the Vuc trade is looking like one of the worst trades in the history of the team. However i can't understand why they re-signed Billy and it compounds the other bad moves.

The BD extension might be the most frightening AK move tbh. If you blink hard enough, you can at least understand why other moves were made. Extending BD during the off season after a flat out embarrassing 2nd half of the season made zero sense whatsoever. I would have preferred he got the axe, but it looks like he’s somehow safe for at least a season or two more

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Lauri talked about how he has grown up since leaving the Bulls. Sometimes it takes moving on from a place to grow. Also, people are impatient with basketball players. They expect them to go from the jump. It takes time. Brandon Ingram got a alot of shit from Lakers fans and now, he is an all star level player for the Pels. Lauri got all the tools to sustain a long nba career.
Pw should request a trade he prob become a star lol

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
In summation, bitch and moan to trade a player…then when said player gets traded, bitch and moan because he ends up playing well for somebody else

Classic CCS

Enasic

Liked Posts:
In summation, bitch and moan to trade a player…then when said player gets traded, bitch and moan because he ends up playing well for somebody else

Classic CCS

Not at all. Was hardly bitching and moaning about it. I couldn’t care less, really. I merely listed it along with several other AK moves that turned out to be bad. It’s a long list….and fan perception of those moves when they were made unfortunately doesn’t change the end result. The honey moon with AK is over. Like I said before, Lauri was hardly AKs worst decision. The BD extension might be his worst.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, not to mention everyone on here was ready to trade him for a basketball. AKME at least got a real asset of some kind in return for Lauri, which at the time everyone here thought was impossible to do

I think I was the last still saying we should keep Lauri even until the end.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Not at all. Was hardly bitching and moaning about it. I couldn’t care less, really. I merely listed it along with several other AK moves that turned out to be bad. It’s a long list….and fan perception of those moves when they were made unfortunately doesn’t change the end result. The honey moon with AK is over. Like I said before, Lauri was hardly AKs worst decision. The BD extension might be his worst.
Again, all you’re doing is using your captain hindsight powers

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think I was the last still saying we should keep Lauri even until the end.
I wasn’t. Maybe it was ptsd from pax falling in love with his players and being to scared to make a trade. One thing is clear is this org is toxic and best option for players is to gtfo.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Again, all you’re doing is using your captain hindsight powers

Not sure how else to evaluate a FO other than looking back at the moves they made and judging them. Does ownership not use “hindsight” when evaluating their GM and VP? or do they only base their evaluations on whether or not they agreed with the move at the time? This isn’t really that complicated ?‍♂️

I think your problem is that you said that I made it seem like I knew it was the wrong move the entire time. Unfortunately for you, that is incorrect and I never said such a thing. I admitted I wanted Lauri gone like most of the fanbase. I simply went back and evaluated the many moves AK made and pointed out the ones that look like bad moves (there are many and some I agreed with at the time). For some reason you want to drone on about me being wrong and hindsight, instead of sticking to the evaluation of the guy actually getting paid millions of dollars to be right lol

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Not sure how else to evaluate a FO other than looking back at the moves they made and judging them. Does ownership not use “hindsight” when evaluating their GM and VP? or do they only base their evaluations on whether or not they agreed with the move at the time? This isn’t really that complicated ?‍♂️

I think your problem is that you said that I made it seem like I knew it was the wrong move the entire time. Unfortunately for you, that is incorrect and I never said such a thing. I simply went back and evaluated the many moves AK made and pointed out the ones that look like bad moves (there are many). For some reason you want to drone on about me being wrong and hindsight, instead of sticking to the evaluation of the guy actually getting paid millions of dollars to be right lol
Whatever makes you sleep good at night

all I did was point out you were 100% on board with shipping Lauri out and mention you’re using hindsight to call it the wrong move now(not sure how you can argue something that is factual like this). Which in turn makes you incorrect in your stance that moving Lauri was the right move.

you’re the one going on and on about AKME, not me.

also, you seem to have a disconnect in understanding “making it seem like something” and “you actually saying it.” Like no shit you didn’t actually say it, your words only hinted at it. Hence, why I said you “made it seem like.”

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Whatever makes you sleep good at night

all I did was point out you were 100% on board with shipping Lauri out and mention you’re using hindsight to call it the wrong move now(not sure how you can argue something that is factual like this). Which in turn makes you incorrect in your stance that moving Lauri was the right move.

you’re the one going on and on about AKME, not me.

also, you seem to have a disconnect in understanding “making it seem like something” and “you actually saying it.” Like no shit you didn’t actually say it, your words only hinted at it. Hence, why I said you “made it seem like.”
K Knox have a nice day. Thanks for the riveting discussion

Enasic

Liked Posts:

1. I listed like 6 bad moved AK made, one of them being Lauri

2. You responded by saying I was also wrong about Lauri

3. I never disputed that and admitted as such

4. You continue to carry on about me being wrong and using hindsight to call it a bad move lol

Right on cue with the childish clown pic too. That wasn’t totally predictable. Be better

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
1. I listed like 6 bad moved AK made, one of them being Lauri

2. You responded by saying I was also wrong about Lauri

3. I never disputed that and admitted as such

4. You continue to carry on about me being wrong and using hindsight to call it a bad move lol

Right on cue with the childish clown pic too. That wasn’t totally predictable. Be better
C1F936F3-B713-4F9A-A1FA-987D13F81C7E.jpeg
that’s a real hoot coming from you

and I mentioned you using hindsight again because you made another hindsight comment. Like stop with the hindsight discussion and I won’t mention hindsight again. Pretty simple really. If you say something, I may respond to it….sorry!

Also, you replied to a post I made about CCS in general, because it hit the nail right on the head with what you’re doing. You didn’t have to respond, yet you did….be better!

Enasic

Liked Posts:
View attachment 24454
that’s a real hoot coming from you

and I mentioned you using hindsight again because you made another hindsight comment. Like stop with the hindsight discussion and I won’t mention hindsight again. Pretty simple really. If you say something, I may respond to it….sorry!

Also, you replied to a post I made about CCS in general, because it hit the nail right on the head with what you’re doing. You didn’t have to respond, yet you did….be better!

@Scoot26 you got your wish buddy. Some riveting takes here. Hope no one mentions how awful the Vuc trade is because you know….hindsight and 90% of the fanbase agreed with it at the time. Does that make it a good trade now @knoxville7 ? Are we allowed to discuss how bad it is now or….hindsight says no? Confused on how this works

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@Scoot26 you got your wish buddy. Some riveting takes here. Hope no one mentions how awful the Vuc trade is because you know….hindsight and 90% of the fanbase agreed with it at the time. Does that make it a good trade now @knoxville7 ? Are we allowed to discuss how bad it is now or….hindsight says no? Confused on how this works
Never said you can’t mention hindsight, just don’t be surprised when someone mentions you’re judging based off hindsight(which it 100% is).

try and keep up!

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Never said you can’t mention hindsight, just don’t be surprised when someone mentions you’re judging based off hindsight(which it 100% is).

try and keep up!

……

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
well i guess ak is rewarding mediocrity...another failed front office hiring it seems...
ball is paid massive money for the next few years and its not clear if he'll ever be back to his pre injured form
young bulls are not developing under BD, aka williams, white (lauri seems to be doing far better in utah, wcj looks like a stud with magic). ayo looks slightly better on defense and more aggressive on offense but thats about it.
lavine just got paid this offseason and is still inconsistent and lets derozan take over while he sits back and watches
vuce is basically a statue who has poor rebounding efforts and inconsistent scoring nights...
Good luck AKME, thx for screwing the bulls over for years to come

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are we really going to pin Lauri playing good for 20 games as a failure by AKME like we all didn't think Lauri was just going to be meh ourselves? What did Lauri show in the last 3 years that demonstrated any of this? Unless we want to say that based on his 2nd year alone he should've been given all the benefit of the doubt.