BD Extended?!?!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Sigh

Do you have a point to any of this? If your entire point is simply that the Lauri move was bad in hindsight

A. I never disputed that and agreed I wanted him gone too
B. Is irrelevant when judging a FO

Seems like you’re just droning on about it to be obnoxious and want to perpetuate something completely pointless. Also known as business as usual in knoxy land. Save the dumb gifs and just move on already. You’re about as insufferable as a shart

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Technically, only PWill has truly been under the AK/BD player development umbrella. Lauri was mostly under GarPax and Jim Boylen, same with WCJ. They only played a year under the new regime (less for WCJ as he got traded). For what it's worth, both Lauri and WCJ played about the same statistically per 36 minutes with BD vs their new teams one year removed from BD. Lauri actually improved in terms of efficiency under BD. WCJ obviously then took a leap over time with a bigger role in Orlando, but he wasn't significantly worse under BD.

PWill obviously hasn't been amazing, though of late he has been better. He also missed basically a whole season's worth of growth, but I get that fans don't care about that. Who knows how much of that is BD vs PWill himself. Only time will tell with that one. Ayo has generally looked fine to me, he's just not the type of player that's going to blow anyone's minds so again not sure how much you can blame BD on that front.

i understand lauri and wcj were not truly under the development of AK and company and while thats true, their poor assessment is what led to the trades...wcj was traded because they thought they would get a vast leap with vuce and that has been far from the case...vuce's fg% is near the bottom of his career and his remaining stats are similar to what WCJ provides with the magic...Vuce will be close or entering the downside of his career shortly while wcj is only 23... lauri was essentially traded for a bench player in jones jr and what ended up being terry and ironically what this team needs is good 3 pt shooting which is lauri's biggest strength.

bottom line, AKME are not in a good spot, extending BD and this team looking much like last year doesnt inspire much confidence.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lauri was never going to be able to do anything here.

WCJ may have, but he's also a massive injury risk, and ended up injured to finish out the season last year. You want to rely on that guy come playoff time? Be my guest.

Vuc was a risk and that risk didn't pay off... unless your goal was 6th seed of the playoffs with a 4-1 loss. In which case, then it was a massive success.

Absolutely no move AK has made is bringing us a championship at this point. This team was never built to win a championship or even really compete for one. A lot of us simply got thrown off when this team sat in the #1 seed in the East at various times last season and well they massively overachieved the first half. Maybe if Lonzo doesn't die, this team does something a little more, but even with Lonzo, I never viewed this team as anything more than a 2nd round team at most...sans lucking themselves into an ECF.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Sigh

Do you have a point to any of this? If your entire point is simply that the Lauri move was bad in hindsight

A. I never disputed that and agreed I wanted him gone too
B. Is irrelevant when judging a FO

Seems like you’re just droning on about it to be obnoxious and want to perpetuate something completely pointless. Also known as business as usual in knoxy land. Save the dumb gifs and just move on already. You’re about as insufferable as a shart
Yet, you always respond ?

Also, Knoxy land has a nice ring to it

Also, just pointing out I’m not the only one that thinks the way I do and that you’re apparently the only one here that really does think the way you do regarding Lauri being a mistake to trade.

Guess you’re living in nasic world!