Bear Down Mock Draft

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
Round 1 - Quenton Nelson, OG (Notre Dame)
Round 2 - Arden Key, OLB (LSU)
Round 4 - J.C. Jackson, CB (Maryland)
Round 4 - Brandon Parker, OT (North Carolina A&T)
Round 5 - Ade Aruna, OLB (Tulane)
Round 6 - Antonio Callaway, WR (Florida)
Round 7 - Deadrin Senat, NT (South Florida)

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Replace A.Key with any one of S.Hubbard, L.Carter, D.Armstrong and i'm good. I get it that if we got A.Key in the 2nd round and he ended up being a great player that it's the steal of the draft, but if he ends up being R.Gregory or just a complete bust and a on and off field problem then we lose out on whatever player we could have drafted with that high 2nd round pick which would of most likely been a day one starter for us. IMO i'd rather see him become great on another team then take the chance of him busting for us. Same goes for A.Callaway, the kid has serious talent but serious off field issues to go with that talent. If Pace drafts both or either one then i'll do what a Bears fan should do and root for him/them but too much risk. Rather risk a 6th rounder over a 2nd rounder so i'd take Callaway in the 6th.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Lot of off-field concerns here. Pace has never drafted 1 player with off-field concerns, you have at least 3 here that I know of.

Callaway has a credit card fraud scandal and hasn't played football in a year and a half. Jackson committed armed robbery and home invasion. I don't think Key has a criminal history, but he quit the team at LSU, came back overweight and hasn't run a 40, which is frowned upon by many NFL teams.

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
My thinking with Key was Fangio could take him under his wing and mold him into a beast. If Fangio was able to keep Aldon Smith under control and unleash him on the field he could do the same with Key turning him into one of the best pass rushers in the draft. I personally think Key is worth the risk but I can understand where you are coming from with the other OLB options.

Mitchapalooza

What's the issue with Key? Off field stuff? I remember he was mocked as a top 5 pick a few months ago.

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
Lot of off-field concerns here. Pace has never drafted 1 player with off-field concerns, you have at least 3 here that I know of.

Callaway has a credit card fraud scandal and hasn't played football in a year and a half. Jackson committed armed robbery and home invasion. I don't think Key has a criminal history, but he quit the team at LSU, came back overweight and hasn't run a 40, which is frowned upon by many NFL teams.

Jackson was acquitted of all charges and coaches have claimed he is well liked and respected in the locker room. I can see the accusations dropping him down a couple rounds in the draft though. As a 1st round talent he’s worth a 4th round pick.

I trust that Fangio can mold Key into a beast making him his own personal project. If was able to keep Aldon Smith focused and motivated he can do the same with Key.

Callaway does have some off field concerns but taking a chance with our 6th round pick on a 1st Round talent with comparisons to Antonio Brown is worth it to me.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mike Hughes CB is a good CB but was arresting at UNC for fighting at a party. He's a guy I'd really like to see the Bears draft but his issues will probably make the Bears pass.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Jackson was acquitted of all charges and coaches have claimed he is well liked and respected in the locker room. I can see the accusations dropping him down a couple rounds in the draft though. As a 1st round talent he’s worth a 4th round pick.

I trust that Fangio can mold Key into a beast making him his own personal project. If was able to keep Aldon Smith focused and motivated he can do the same with Key.

Callaway does have some off field concerns but taking a chance with our 6th round pick on a 1st Round talent with comparisons to Antonio Brown is worth it to me.

Oh yeah, all are great talents. I wasn't saying they aren't. But Pace has never drafted a guy with baggage. I'd say Callaway is a "no chance" of the Bears drafting him. But he'd be an amazing fit for the offense. I could see them taking a shot on Key. He's similar to Aaron Lynch's situation when he came out in the draft. Jackson, I have no idea. My guess is Pace won't touch him either, as there are a lot of CBs in this draft that are depth pieces/special teamers with potential to play in the nickel who will be around in the same area of the draft.