Bears’ new elements of speed on offense evident in first minicamp practice

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears’ new elements of speed on offense evident in first minicamp practice

"The Chicago Bears have done a lot to retool their offense this offseason. From the additions of quarterbacks Justin Fields and Andy Dalton to releasing both starting tackles in Charles Leno and Bobby Massie, Chicago has made the offense a priority this offseason.
But perhaps the biggest emphasis has been adding more speed on offense. While Darnell Mooney didn’t get enough chances to take the top off defenses with his speed last season, he was getting open downfield — he was just usually being overthrown."

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
The Bears have been one of the slowest teams in the NFL on offense for quite some time now
The team NEEDED to be slow in order for Mitch and Nick to have adequate processing time. Kind of like doing a walkthrough, but in the GAME.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's fine that they signed two 'track' stars to work alongside Mooney.

At least we know that Mooney can use his speed during the game.

Of course we have two tackle positions that are uncertain and that directly affect the time Dalton or Fields will have before needing to throw the ball.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I could be wrong, but Nagy still needs to find a way to utilize this speed. Is he just going to be throwing more screens or finding ways to take the top off the defense?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I could be wrong, but Nagy still needs to find a way to utilize this speed. Is he just going to be throwing more screens or finding ways to take the top off the defense?
Check down to touchdown. So basically, more jet sweeps to the short side of the field and timeouts to kill offensive advantages so a neat play could be called

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Check down to touchdown. So basically, more jet sweeps to the short side of the field and timeouts to kill offensive advantages so a neat play could be called
I'm fascinated to see how he calls game this season. It's gonna be hella interesting.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I really hope Nagy figures it out. His playcalling rhythm has always been an issue. So frustrating to watch.
I hope so too man. Extremely frustrating. I don’t have much faith in it happening but would be thrilled to eat crow

Reactions: chi

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I'm fascinated to see how he calls game this season. It's gonna be hella interesting.
Yeah, I mean it’ll definitely be interesting for everyone to watch. But it’s like watching a train about to collide with a pedestrian. You know how it’s going to end. We are the pedestrian. Nagy is the train

TL1961

Liked Posts:
CCS forums read like abuse victims in a therapy group.

Well, I suppose that makes sense.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The team NEEDED to be slow in order for Mitch and Nick to have adequate processing time. Kind of like doing a walkthrough, but in the GAME.
Don’t know whether to laugh or cry at this…

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
the Bears offense should center around 3-5yd routes and Cohen running up the middle.
This is most likely what we will see. It's 3rd and 3, lets run a draw up the middle with the smallest RB in the game. The other team will never see it coming!