Bears’ new elements of speed on offense evident in first minicamp practice

msadows

Liked Posts:
I have a tshirt with this logo on it that I forced ron turner to sign.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Also great when you use the speed of Tarik Cohen or Cordarelle Patterson to run the ball up the gut. I mean that is just a brilliant use of team speed.

They'll NEVER see it coming tho

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
In his defense he took deep shots last year, they were either over thrown or dropped, or the protection broke down or a combo of all three. I don't know what's changed besides JF1 and a new left tackle that's going to make them any better in that area with Dalton on the

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
This all seems like a perfect way for Nagy to have a built in excuse to come back for at least one more year.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
You people do realize KC uses a LOT of those East-west routes with their speed guys, right? The major difference is, it’s not all they use…because they have a QB who can make a defense pay deep as well.

Dalton can do that decently. Hopefully Fields can do it much better. Either way, it stands to be much different this season than with Mitch at QB…
You're exactly right. The KC offense is predicated on stretching a D horizontally and then throwing behind the D's shell.

The way to stop it is to keep the O in front of you and quick hits for no YAC. The counter is guys who get behind the D and force the shell Vertical.

Much as it pains me to say about Hello Kitty Too Cute, Nagy didn't have a QB last year who could hit a deep ball on a guy running open.

Maybe it's just my burned out brain, but I swear I saw Mooney running free like once a game with Foles or Trubisky just flat out missing him.